A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,364
Currently Running With Scissors:
404 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 47137 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009 , tree  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
« Reply #250 on: April 02, 2009 03:35:47 PM »

And what kind of stowaway?  Or do I want to know.  I hope it was just a little spider or something like that.  They do happen around here, no matter what we do.

HAHA a bug would make sense!  all I could think about for a stow away was what happens at our house- a really stinky diaper in a grocery sack that is too smelly for inside. When it is snowy they don't make it further than outside the door til someone puts shoes on.

Ouch.... that would not be a fun swap surprise now would it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: April 02, 2009 03:53:31 PM »

WOW WOW WOW - that package is awesome! I absolutely adore the willow goddess!! Everything else is great too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 02, 2009 03:59:05 PM »

With all this beautiful, colorful artwork, I feel like I missed the whole point of this swap.  I'm just hoping my partner actually likes some of what I sent her.

Talk about swap anxiety.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects-shooting for 100--- 62 done
gamemom42
« Reply #253 on: April 02, 2009 04:03:24 PM »

With all this beautiful, colorful artwork, I feel like I missed the whole point of this swap.  I'm just hoping my partner actually likes some of what I sent her.

Talk about swap anxiety.

I don't think you should worry.  That's one thing that is so wonderful about the subject of this swap... it can be interpreted in so many ways.  I know I would enjoy the bright colorful creations or something more "natural" looking.  I'm sure your partner will love what you made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndy225
« Reply #254 on: April 02, 2009 04:44:56 PM »

I don't think you should worry.  That's one thing that is so wonderful about the subject of this swap... it can be interpreted in so many ways.  I know I would enjoy the bright colorful creations or something more "natural" looking.  I'm sure your partner will love what you made.

I promise she does! Sorry for the wait, I didn't think I should skip work...

The first thing I noticed were all of these boxes...In the first one I found this little stowaway. (sorry for the blurry pic, hard to photograph someone who's running away from you.)

And then...

Clockwise from the bottom we have magnolia pods, cedar cone roses, cedar cone petals, fir cones, and buckeye seeds, right? I have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet, but I love them! They're a great addition to my random boxes and jars of nature. And the boxes they came in were handmade (I was having so much fun with the seeds and cones, I forget to take a picture of the outside of the boxes). Now I really want to find a good way to display everything. Oh, and there were some apple seeds from her own trees included  Grin

And now the group shot of everything else.

A wall hanging with a poem from one my favorite poets (only to be beaten by Lewis Carroll), and check out the beautiful picture in the middle! It's really neat how she used the back of an old Oriental style calendar.

I'm wearing the earrings right now  Cheesy.

And I love the necklace too, you just have no idea how much fun I'm having with the earrings. They blend and flow into my hair just enough to make them look like they're supposed to be there. (not going to show off my sick face)

The extras! I love them both! The little boxes were handpainted by her friend and the pendant is a scrabble pendant! I've wanted one for a while and this one is just so cute! (and great colors too)

And now Pinokeeo's probably wondering why I'm waiting so long to show the large she made, but I'm saving the best for last. OK, I want everyone to think about this for a second, think about those flimsy, breakable pine needles and wonder with mehow on earth did she make such a beautiful and strong basket from them! (Her secret is the finish on it, but the amazement still holds)

This is THE COOLEST THING EVER!
It's not too big, about the size of my hand, and it smells really really good. Seriously though, you have to see it in person to witness the awesomeness.

Pinokeeo, thank you so much for everything! The nature items and jewelry were an especially great fit with me, the wall hanging is beautiful and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the basket!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FiberDogs
« Reply #255 on: April 02, 2009 04:47:50 PM »

wow! really neat pine needle basket!
(hmmm... are there any pine trees near me?...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: April 02, 2009 04:47:56 PM »

Extra pictures of the tree and the goddess doll (since everyone seems to like it so much)

Closeup on some of the "leaves":

Willow Goddess:

From the back she really looks like a willow.

Thanks for all the compliments! I'm just happy that Heidi likes everything. I was the most nervous about the doll, actually!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: April 02, 2009 04:52:03 PM »

omg you seriously wove that basket out of pine needles??? That's soooo cool! I bet it smells divine! Also, I am so in love with those earrings! They're gorgeous! Beautiful package!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: April 02, 2009 04:59:08 PM »

Wow I am completely in awe of that pine needle basket! I can't even IMAGINE the work that must involve.  So beautiful.
Would it be strange if I wisted boxes of tree cones & pods?  Grin  I would probably string some together to make a mobile.

Amy - GREAT photo of the tree! It really shows it off better than my sad "sitting in snow speckled with pine needles" shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
beadedbyamy

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: April 02, 2009 05:06:09 PM »

Heidi, I thought it was neat to see my tree in the snow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Halloween Yard Critters
How to Draw a Face Using Just White Color
Use a Dome Round Brush to Paint Highlights
How to Draw Cartoons Using Basic Letters
How to Draw a Mouse Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...