A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,319
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 46914 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009 , tree  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #490 on: April 14, 2009 07:37:05 AM »

Scoodie pockets and inner applique:

Scoodie hood applique: 

It was so fun to make!  Smiley

I hope hippiejo gets her package today!  And that she likes everything, of course.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: April 14, 2009 07:48:25 AM »

Ok now that I know what a scoodie is - I so want one!
I love the bowl Jeni - do I hear personal swap! lol

I think my wisting finger worn out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Olivegreenspring

Oh, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #492 on: April 14, 2009 10:50:17 AM »

This thread grows so fast. I feel like I missed a lot.  Smiley Everything looks great. I love pretty much everything. I thought of making the coffee cozie's. Great job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartzb
« Reply #493 on: April 14, 2009 12:30:22 PM »

First things first. . . pictures of the fantastic package windoverireland sent me. The box was HUGE and I wasn't at all prepared for everything that was inside. Here it is:

A picture of everything. And there is so much. Homemade maple syrup from a little company run by a family in her community for years and years.

Here's the biggest piece. A stool with a hand stenciled Celtic tree (my partner is Irish). Beautiful work. I've included a side view too. It's a little stool, perfect for the kitties to crawl on  Wink

Here's a few pieces- a beaded tree of life pendant that has barely pink beads on it. I said I love pink, but wasn't sure how that would fit into a tree swap. They look white in the pick for some reason though.  She made it work, so perfect. Also in this pick are a cute decorative fimo tree, and a beautiful hand painted egg that my partner found in town.

MY FAVORITE!! These must have taken so much work. Each one is unique, they are all covered in tree themed paper, but each has other little details hidden away too- a critter, a birds nest, etc. They are amazing. Each has a little hanger on the back. They match my living room, and that's our main hang out area, so that is where they are going. Love them.

Last pic. Everything else, the maple sugar, lots of scrapbooking supplies including paper and tree embellishments for every season, little notecards, and an atc.

This whole package and swap was amazing. Thanks so much windoverireland! You're a great partner. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.com
iheartzb
« Reply #494 on: April 14, 2009 12:34:27 PM »

And now second, here's me catching up on all of the comments I haven't had a chance to make. I know I missed some, I couldn't go back through all 50 pages, but if I missed naming you by name please know I still loved your package. Everthing in this swap has been amazing and makes me want to do another. . . right now!  Cheesy

Digital misfit- you got very lucky in your package. I love so much of it. I actually have that little birdies on a branch pendant. I saw it a couple of months ago at a store and scooped a couple up, Id never seen them anywhere. I made a pair of necklaces. . . one for a very lucky girl in this swap with a birthday coming up . . .

Pinokeeo- I know youve probably heard it enough, but that tiny basket is beyond amazing. Such patience you must have. Not I, not I.  I also love the tree pendants that you received.

Gamemom42- That bag is some kind of magically and you should be very concerned for its safety. I imagine it could disappear easily.

Tinkrbella 2005- Very cool note cards. Note cards are becoming one of my obsessions I think.

Korok- Super super nice bag. Bags are another problem for me. I have WAY more than I could ever hope to use.

Kara/imafundork- You look beautiful in those pictures. . . and I asked Buck about sparing the glass for a mosaic for you- he said hed give me a gallon. You know he loves you.  You and lafemmefatale both made such wonderful packages for each other.

I almost made those slate coasters, or something very similar. I make coasters out of just about anything and Ive got a case of slate and granite tiles Ive had about 6 years that I havent been able to find the perfect use for.

Oh my God Javamama! Apple tree canopy bed kit? Too funny!

Dharma_rebel, I am so impressed with the wrappings and cards that you made. I always rush that part, as Im usually mailing on the last day and have to get it out!

Savvysister- so impressed with the rug. It is awesome, and so pink!!

Windoverireland- Thanks for all of the kind words about the package I sent. I really worked so hard on this swap and loved every minute of it. You were so fun to craft for. I wanted to make stuff for everyone in your house too!

Fiberdogs- The pendant for the necklace in my package for windoverireland was purchased at Michaels. They had a lot of tree/bird themed pieces for a while.

Jenicat- Im not even going to mention that bowl because there are not words for it. I will talk about the notecards though. Too, too cute. I want some! Oh, and of course thanks for organizing. This was a great swap to be part of.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.com
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: April 14, 2009 01:41:01 PM »

Cheesy  You're welcome!  I love organizing the tree swaps.  They rock.

And WOW, windoverireland, that package is AMAZING.  I love the stool, and the "TREE" letters are so pretty.  Not to mention all the other beautiful things you included.  Wow.  Great haul, iheartzb.  Grin

I received today from CamOovas but unfortunately my camera battery is in the middle of charging and it will probably be a couple hours before I can post pics.

But let me assure you that everything is amazing and you are all going to be very envious of what I received.  Cheesy  Just wait.  I'm going to keep you in suspense and not even tell you what I got.  Tongue 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

echo_brook
Mollusks inhabit the soft parts of my heart.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #496 on: April 14, 2009 02:54:23 PM »

A stool?! Seriously?! Hehe, that's awesome!

Little green dragonfly, has your package gotten there yet? I know it had to go halfway 'round the world but I personally believe that the tree-goodness contained therein would have hastened the mail people up a bit. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Newly moved to the Tri Valley area (Dublin, CA) and would love to meet craftsters here. Please don't be shy about PMing me.

http://www.wists.com/echo_brook

I do personal swaps.
hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

« Reply #497 on: April 14, 2009 03:20:43 PM »

Wink I LOVE that stool with the celtic tree! Do you still have the pic of the tree? I'm thinking I might have found my tattoo...
Also the TREE is wicked. AWEsome!! Fantastic package!!!

And now......I received from Jenicat today....and WOWZA!!! Yup, I actually used that word.  Grin Grin First up - my beautiful bag and earrings....Jeni was worried it wasn't my style - but it totally is and isn't the fabric darling?? And these earrings are right up my alley and will be put in use first thing tomorrow  Wink

Then we have my favorites - although, I'm hard pressed to choose any as a favorite Wink....my fabulously wonderful wall hanging!!!
The tree has a lovely hand sewn beads on it and a super cute decorative stitch across the top! Sorry for all the pics, I just wanted y'all to appreciate all the work I know had to go into this... Cheesy I already hung it up (right above my computer) so that I can see it every day!

And then my super awesome most fabulous APRON TOP!! Pardon the ever so lovely pics that the manflesh took (I look kinda stoned in the frontal and all the lovely back fat on the reverse) Tongue but he couldn't be bothered for much longer...
Anyhoo - it fits like a glove and is also reversible!!!! AWESOME!!!

reverse fabric

THANK YOU so much Jeni!!!! I adore everything!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
melmakespretty
« Reply #498 on: April 14, 2009 03:32:07 PM »

That is lovely package! I love everything, that bag is cute, and the earrings-me likey!
Great job jenicat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #499 on: April 14, 2009 03:36:35 PM »

Totally love the apron top/dress!  I have a pattern to make myself some of those, just gotta get around to doing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 11/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 10/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 3/11
How to Crochet a Granny Square Tree Skirt with a Slit 5/5
How to Crochet a Half Pinwheel Border
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...