A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 39137 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009 , tree  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

savvysister
« Reply #460 on: April 13, 2009 07:27:26 AM »

Thank Luna and Luna  Cheesy  Yes- the crochet hook is a biggie, hmmm, let me run and check the size...  well, it doesn't have a number or letter on it, but measures to 5/16 an inch in diameter  Roll Eyes 

I'm not really a crocheter either- I just had really wanted to learn how to make crochet rugs, so taught myself to make these (I don't even know if it's a 'proper' way to make 'em).  It's the only thing I can crochet  Lips sealed  It did take a little while to make, but I would just work on it here and there. It's relatively portable in my large craft bag, so I'd take it with me.  The strips can be about an inch to an inch and a half and I tied them together with the invisible knot shown here on this post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182688.0  HEY! I just realized the knot I learned way back when was from pinokeeo!! Thanks for that, pinokeeo!  That knot really helped me out. When I first started making rugs, I'd have to be near my sewing maching and sew the strips together!! Then, I also tried a regular knot which would have the tails hanging out everywhere, which is cute, but different. This invisible knot really works like a charm. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iheartzb
« Reply #461 on: April 13, 2009 09:11:20 AM »

I can't keep up!! I've been trying to work my way through the gallery, but it looks like I'll have to save it for the library where the DSL will keep it from taking 5 hours!

Windoverireland- I swear I'll also post pics of the package you sent once I get to the library too. A few things left to take care of at home and then I'll be heading out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

view my wist: http://www.wists.com/iheartzb
I have an Etsy shop! It is still very much a work in progress, but check it out anyway: Pretty Little Wishes at www.iheartzb.etsy.com
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #462 on: April 13, 2009 09:40:28 AM »

Thank Luna and Luna  Cheesy  Yes- the crochet hook is a biggie, hmmm, let me run and check the size...  well, it doesn't have a number or letter on it, but measures to 5/16 an inch in diameter  Roll Eyes 

I'm not really a crocheter either- I just had really wanted to learn how to make crochet rugs, so taught myself to make these (I don't even know if it's a 'proper' way to make 'em).  It's the only thing I can crochet  Lips sealed  It did take a little while to make, but I would just work on it here and there. It's relatively portable in my large craft bag, so I'd take it with me.  The strips can be about an inch to an inch and a half and I tied them together with the invisible knot shown here on this post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182688.0  HEY! I just realized the knot I learned way back when was from pinokeeo!! Thanks for that, pinokeeo!  That knot really helped me out. When I first started making rugs, I'd have to be near my sewing maching and sew the strips together!! Then, I also tried a regular knot which would have the tails hanging out everywhere, which is cute, but different. This invisible knot really works like a charm. 

I had forgotten about that post.  I'm glad it worked for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: April 13, 2009 10:58:13 AM »

Get prepared for the most fantastic swap packages from iheartzb!

She was so sweet and sent tree coloring pages and stick crayons for my grandchildren - I so wanted these since the first time I saw them! The grandkids have used them and have given their seal of approval!

Jess made me a tree inspired book mark 'cause I read constantly and am never without a book!

As extra goodies, she included some leaf shaped bath flakes and a tree to do list. - Bathtub here I come!

This tree tin had the flakes in it as well as....

The most gorgeous necklace with tree pendant and matching bracelet with leaves. She was worried it wasn't my stule - IT SO is and I love it.

As if this weren't enough, she made me a book with colored pages - i already know how I'm going to use it!

closed with stickers

open with multicolored tree pages!!

These last two items are hard to show and say I have a preference. I think they are fantabulous!

This is a mosaic on wood from the side

This is from the top - I can see the tree - can you?
This is so unique and I want to try to find a way to put it in my garden and do it justice! It is beautiful and I can't imagine the time you took - thank you!

back

inside w/ pockets

front of bag with gorgeous tree done in buttons and embroidry.

I think this is fantastic! I could not have asked for something more lovely and so me!

You were extremely generous and I think your work is superb! Thank you for being my partner and crafting so with my personality in mind! You are the best Jess!

Blessings
windoverireland
Denise
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FiberDogs
« Reply #464 on: April 13, 2009 11:12:06 AM »

everything is great!!!

I love the tree/bird pendant - did you make or buy? I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: April 13, 2009 11:33:05 AM »

LOVE that mosaic and bag! The handbound book is so cool - the assorted color & texture pages rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #466 on: April 13, 2009 12:22:03 PM »

I'm telling you from first hand experience, that package rocks LOL Smiley The button bag may dissappear... I wouldn't know anything about it though hahahaha. And the kids went nuts over the tree crayons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: April 13, 2009 12:22:42 PM »

I love the mosaic and the book.  Nice package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #468 on: April 13, 2009 01:44:45 PM »

Grin That mosaic is divine!! I really love the crayons and bag and book as well....one of these days I'm so on the crayon bandwagon... Roll Eyes Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
imafundork
« Reply #469 on: April 13, 2009 02:06:01 PM »

iheartzb told me she was making that mosaic and it came out wonderfully! jess-is buck willing to give up more of his glass....you know, i have a birthday coming up...hint hint Wink Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Braided Updo Tutorial
How to Skip That Awkward Growing-Out Phase With Your Pixie
The Most Genius Fix for Frizzed-Out Locks
Bobby Pins Get Super-Trendy in This Hairstyle Tutorial
Will This at Home Kit Make DIY Bangs a Breeze?
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #102-MissingWillow
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...