A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mens Fashion! Western Grunge Shirt  (Read 1996 times)
Tags for this thread: machine_embroidery , bleach_stencil , mens_clothing  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Urban Threads

Full tutorials!! http://tiny.cc/tutorials534

View Profile WWW
« on: March 13, 2009 10:13:00 AM »

Dudes are notoriously difficult to craft for. For some reason the embroidery industry hasnít much tried to cater to dudes, and likewise they donít seem to be too crazy about the idea of cute applique bunnies sewn onto their shirts. So, largely they have been ignored, which is a shame, because many of you have boyfriends, husbands and sons, or maybe youíre even a crafty dude yourself, and thereís very little out there for guysí fashion.  Everything out there is cute ideas for girls! (seriously...just go through craftster...) So I thought it high time I showed the dudes of this world that the embroidery machine can do more than embroider golf related polo shirts...

I grabbed a blank western-y style shirt on sale at the mall, and added a bit of punk flair to it.  I embroidered a grunge western motif on the back, added some barbed wire to one of the pocket flaps, bleach stenciled a skull to the front, and stitched a few patched accents to it all.

Achieved through household means... freezer paper, a spray bottle and some bleach!

The back with the western grunge embroidery design.  There's also a small decorative patch at the back where I stole some shirt fabric to bleach and sew on elsewhere.

P.S. -Many thanks to my guy who stood patiently and modeled it for me when he could have been eating birthday cupcakes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009 01:29:06 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like the project?  Check out full tutorials for all posted projects at www.urbanthreads.co m
pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009 10:32:27 AM »

this shirt is absolutely freaking badass!! As soon as I saw it, I thought of my sisters boyfriend who would totally rock this.  I've book marked it and told her about it.
Awesome job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
Miss Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009 09:49:36 PM »

This is SO awesome! Love the embroidery! is that your company logo or something? ilove the western style, maybe i could do a mini for my toddler... wish i could get DH to wear anything but plain black tees and dickies...i think he is afraid of being too stylish or something...
what is on the sleeve, by the way?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Urban Threads

Full tutorials!! http://tiny.cc/tutorials534

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009 10:44:17 AM »

The little skull and needle crossbones is the Urban Threads logo Smiley

On the side of the sleeve is a little patch of the shirt I cut out, bleached, and sewed back on to match the bleached design, making it look all rough and edgy.  I then patched that hole with another piece of black fabric (you can see the patch in the last shot).  It's a bit more clear in the tutorial.  The western design also comes one size smaller, so maybe you could make your little guy one too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like the project?  Check out full tutorials for all posted projects at www.urbanthreads.co m
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about ISO Sensitivity
How to use the Metering Mode - Canon 40D DVD
How to work with shutter Speed
How to Change Your Focus Squares - Canon 40D
How to use the Canon Rebel XSi DVD - Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...