A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,667
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How Did You Find Craftster? / Craftster Sightings!  (Read 76054 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GroggyFroggy
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2006 03:47:28 AM »

Wasn't sure where to put this. It feels like a commercial (and it does help me if you read the article) but I really wrote it because I love craftster and it seemed like a natural thing to do. Anyway, you'll find the article here:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/21179/craftsterorg_this_diy_website_will.html

I wrote it a while back but it just got published yesterday. Hope you guys like it. It's sort of a tribute to Leah and all the sweet, helpful folks here at Craftster. I can't tell you how it's changed my life for the better and probably my family's life, too.  Hope you like the article.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lynndell
« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2006 07:07:51 AM »

I know what you mean, I love craftster also.  I go to the purse site everyday.
The talent here amazing.  The ages of some of the members and the things they are making are beyond words.  I've learned so much from them.  I was so inspired, that I used some of the tutorials and actually made some purses.   Craftster is the best, I LOVE it.  Nice story.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2006 07:19:58 AM »

you read my mind and  wrote it out for the world to see thanks!!! I am not a good writer but  you  did  it  for us!! WOO HOOO   and  what a  great way to  say thanks to Leah!  great  job. I commented on  that  site too so you could get at least one response.  hopefully more will to.  thanks and good work to you and LEAH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2006 11:19:05 AM »

Thank you both very much. Thanks also for commenting there, Jloveg. I appreciate it tons and I can't think of anything that would make me happier than this comment:"you read my mind and  wrote it out for the world to see".

Lynndell: I know what you mean about the ages. Gosh, I couldn't make anything when I was a teen and these folks are way, way far ahead of anything I'll ever be able to make. It's really inspiring. The old people are alright, too. :::Ducking::: Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JenDiggityDirt
« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2006 09:30:38 AM »

I think I wrote about this when I first did my INTRO YOURSELF posts, but I'm goin to type it again. I was in our local Carl's Jr. (Riverside, CA) and the girl behind me had a really great knitted purse with big, fabric-covered buttons. I told her how cute I thought it was and we chatted for just a minute or two. She mentioned the site and I'm so glad she did! I have been having a great time here. Thank you, Mysterious Stranger Girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Since when is it a disaster if the "S" on your cape is a little frayed?" - Waitresses
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2006 01:07:39 PM »

I was reading through an e-mail from another group I belonged to and this lady was talking about a wonderful swap she was doing with different group and so I e-mailed her for more information since I was looking for another group to join.  She pointed me to Craftster and I've been hooked ever since!!!!!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babyonboard
« Reply #276 on: May 07, 2006 07:27:51 AM »

well..i came across crafster on google by searching 'free patterns' ..i sifted through some really  rubbish sites, a lot of adverts,  and felt I'd stuck gold when i hit on crafster..Is pent a good few hours looking through all the threads.

I have recently seen it mentiond a few times on www.moneysavingexpert.com - a u.k moneysaving/ reusing/recycling/ making site..

and also on www.mumsnet.com - a parenting website, in their craft section

THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcriot
Don't mind if I do..

MMMbop, It's like an addiction.

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2006 11:04:43 AM »

well..i came across crafster on google by searching 'free patterns' ..i sifted through some really  rubbish sites, a lot of adverts,  and felt I'd stuck gold when i hit on crafster..Is pent a good few hours looking through all the threads.

I have recently seen it mentiond a few times on www.moneysavingexpert.com - a u.k moneysaving/ reusing/recycling/ making site..

and also on www.mumsnet.com - a parenting website, in their craft section

I was looking for free knitting paterns on google too and came across craftster. Little did i know It would be an addiction!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If these walls came crumblin' down
Fell so hard, to make us lose our faith
From what's left you'd figure it out
Still make lemonade taste like a sunny day
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2006 08:14:00 AM »

The major UK newspaper, The Guardian, just featured your site in an article today, so you might get several other new UK members joining up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
ConcreteJungler
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2006 03:17:14 PM »

Craftster was a featured website in Simply Knitting magazine!  The May issue, I think, the one that came with a circular needle.  It's a UK magazine so my Barnes & Noble gets it a month behind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Your Cheat Sheet of Every Major Beauty Moment of 2013!
Model Candice Swanepoel LIVE
Candice Swanepoel Answers #NoFilter Questions
Holiday Beauty Gifts for $30 or Less
The 6 Best Red Lipsticks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...