A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bra and panties patterns  (Read 8160 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

macca1675
« on: March 11, 2009 10:14:06 PM »

I want to try my hand at making my own bras and panties. but have no idea where to start with pattens..
I need something for atleast an australian 14 F (im not too keen on pulling apart a $50AU bra to get a pattern...)
so could someone point me in the direction of free patterns or a good drafting website or something similar?
sorry if that sounds rushed. my daughter just woke up..
thanks in advance
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LMAshton
Kitchen Witch

Canada -> Sri Lanka -> New Zealand -> Singapore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009 02:03:36 AM »

Check out the Bramageddon thread - lots of resources & links in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psycho_Bitch
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009 03:55:16 AM »

KwikSew - 3594 comes in a large range of sizes (14 F is included) and is probably the easiest to get your hands on, but I've never come seen good free patterns for bras. I make bras and draft my own patterns (I have a book that explains it really well), I could try to draft a pattern in your size. It will most likely not be completely perfect right away, but if you make a trial version first you could see what should be changed.
Burdastyle also has an instruction for making a bra pattern, but I don't think you'll get a fitting bra out of that in one go.
I know about tutorials how to put a bra together, but not about free patterns. I have made a tutorial for panties, but I didn't scan properly so it's probably not that easy to put the pieces together.

Edit: I felt like drawing bra patterns today, so within a few hours there will be a free pattern, I'm working on the instructions now.

Another edit: I have uploaded my pattern with instructions on burdastyle in 80/36/14 F and 80/36/14 G.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009 02:00:16 PM by Psycho_Bitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged
macca1675
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009 02:43:09 AM »

sorry i was slow at replying, my internet decided to die on me.
thank you guys for your replys. and psycho you really are a saint. ill have a look and see how they go.
thank you so much.
oh and phycho if its publicly avalible could you tell me the name of that book? id love to draft my own patterns but have no idea where to start.
thanks again
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Psycho_Bitch
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009 02:44:54 PM »

Well, the problem with the book I have is that it's Dutch and although it is very well explained in the book, I don't think you could figure out just by the illustrations.
I've heard good things about The Bra-Makers Manual, but this is only about making bras, not that much about making panties. The books in English that I have heard about that explain how to draft patterns for panties don't have instructions for making bras in them. "Lingerie Secrets" and "Sewing Lingerie" have patterns for panties, camisoles and more in them.
There's also "Pattern Cutting for Lingerie, Beachwear and Leisurewear" by Ann Haggar, but that is only about pattern cutting, with no instructions for sewing and from what I've heard it is quite difficult.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wedding Photography and Posed Pictures Advice
Taking Candid Wedding Photos
Photography Battery Tips
What Is Digital Photography?
The Rule of Thirds in Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...