A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: good thrift stores in charotte?  (Read 3014 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

allisonwonderland
« on: March 24, 2005 11:57:13 AM »

hey..where do you go to get your supplies here?I have noticed that most of the time VALUE VILLAGE prices are kinda high,,,,,,,thanks !!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Reba
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005 12:58:00 PM »

Hoo boy, I live right around Charlotte and love to thrift!  There's a really good thrift store (called Community Thrift Store, I think) on Freedom Dr, and I think there's a Goodwill outlet and a Value Village right near there.  There are goodwills at Exit 18 (off Harris Blvd), 33 (in Mooresville) and 28 (in Huntersville) off of I-77.  There's also a Consignment store and another goodwill off 49, minutes from the UNCC campus, but I've never been to those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elecbunni

Apparently, communists make the best cigars...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005 11:18:54 AM »

There's also a nice Goodwill off Pineville-Matthews Rd, tucked back behind a strip mall, sorry, kind of enigmatic I know Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou
sk8ordiehard
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005 05:53:50 AM »

Any of the Salvation Armys are good for about everything but furniture (way way expensive); Hong Kong on central has vintage clothing (more expensive than goodwill, but great selection, and you can find some incredible stuff) and along the same lines is Dig Dugs on Pecan.
There is also a value village on central and one on south (another goodwill close to the one on south)
i always have great luck at value village.
Clines Antiques way out 49 past Concord (and then some) is AWESOME.  its a big ol' farm where you park outside the gated area and wander around picking out of piles and piles of junk.  take it up to Mr Cline (he's always outside wandering around) and he'll tell you the price.  you can haggle him down a bit, the true antiques are really expensive, but the other stuff isn't.  i got a big plastic jesus last week for $3 and turned it into a planter in my garden.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005 08:06:48 PM »

There's also a nice Goodwill off Pineville-Matthews Rd, tucked back behind a strip mall, sorry, kind of enigmatic I know Smiley

If you turn just after the Waffle House on the left (I think), and drive down till you get to Home Depot, they are to the left before you get to the last driveway to Home Depot.  Home Depot is on the right though where as The Goodwill is on the left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006 12:17:12 PM »

I have a national directory of thrift stores. I hope this helps..

http://www.thethriftshopper.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShopper.Com for your shopping convenience.
aspatria

I like road trips!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006 08:33:50 AM »

There are several over on Freedom Drive - one is even a "last chance" Goodwill outlet. You have to really dig, but you can find some cool stuff there. I found an old Herb Alpert album (the famous one with the whipped cream cover art) that I made into a record bowl and birthday card, and my husband found a cool old airline jacket. Anytime you can buy clothing by the pound, you know you're going to have a good time  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008 06:14:05 PM »

i know i am digging up an old thread but i just found a good "new to me" thrift shop:
http://www.guardianangelthrift.org/
it is right near the corner of Westinghouse with S.Tryon.  I didn't even know about it until last weekend but they said it has been there 2 yrs.  Prices vary wildly but you can find cheap stuff and it has a better organization than some, for ex. there is a crafts section!!

Currently debating which is more wonderful, this one or:
http://www.charlotte.assistanceleague.org/ps.thriftshop.cfm?ID=31
(while you're on Tryon St...!)

or of course the value village.
i like the S.Blvd Value Village better than the Central Ave one, mainly because i always get lost trying to find central ave  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008 06:21:43 PM »

they moved this one.  it's in almost the same location but now a little (like less than a block) further back, next to the... BiLo?  FoodLion? whatever supermarket is behind where it used to be.

And i think the DIY store across the street is a Lowes, not a HD, but whatever.
http://www.goodwillsp.org/retailstores.html this should help.

If you turn just after the Waffle House on the left (I think), and drive down till you get to Home Depot, they are to the left before you get to the last driveway to Home Depot.  Home Depot is on the right though where as The Goodwill is on the left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
elecbunni

Apparently, communists make the best cigars...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008 12:12:15 PM »

Yup, they did move that good will. It's off Johnston Rd. now in the same shopping center as the Food Lion. I haven't been to the guardian angel place, it sounds promising!

Also, has anyone been to the Habitat for Humanity reStore recently? Is it just me, or have their prices gone up significantly in the past year?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. - Maya Angelou
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Homemade Playdough
How to Make Edible Playdough
How to Make Plasticine
How to Make Green Plasticine
How to Make White Plasticine
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Marinara Sauce
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...