A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone else had problems with Fabricmaster?  (Read 1361 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phoquess
« on: March 11, 2009 03:22:04 PM »

Just curious to see if my issues are the norm or a strange exception.
I ordered some fabrics from fabricmaster http://www.fabricmaster.net/servlet/StoreFront on Feb. 1stnot a huge order, but a yard or 2 of four different fabrics. I paid for (expensive!) FedEx home delivery because that was the cheapest option, and Fedex was the only available shipping service at the time. And then I waited.
In the meantime, a couple of weeks later (still waiting for a ship confirmation!) I placed another order, about 5 yards of 2 similar fabrics. Shortly thereafter, I emailed them and asked why my first order had not been shipped yet (they send an email confirmation.) My *second* order shipped a few days later, but still not the first, and I got the second order a week ago. I emailed again. There had been 'an issue with the post office' and would I like to refund or reship? I said reship please. I finally get a ship confirmation.
And now today, I find a delivery notification from USPS, not FedEx, in my mailbox. Apparently I have to be at home when they deliver, which is not an ideal option and pisses me off. Otherwise I have to go to the post office. This wouldn't be a problem if I had wanted to ship with USPS but I paid for Fedex, and Fedex has no problem leaving things on my doorstep.

Sorry for the novel, I just wanted to get that off my chest! Anyone else had problems with them? I really wish this wasn't happening, because their fabrics are super-cheapbut I don't want to wait a month and a half to get them! Any advice would be appreciated.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BT
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009 11:17:04 AM »

I've never dealt with them, but it seems reasonable to call and speak with a live human (the owner, preferably). If you stay cool and tell them what you're not happy about, they may offer a further discount, waive the shipping - you never know. Tell them you'd love to continue doing business with them, but if this is the best they can do with regard to customer service, you'll find another source. In this economy, I'm pretty sure they will want to keep all of their customers. In addition, they won't want bad reviews about themselves spread over the internet. From their website:

Customer Service

Fabricmaster's customer service goal is simple: We are committed to providing our customers with total satisfaction and the best prices. Every time. Guaranteed. Contact us at sales@fabricmaster.net or call (864) 962-1166 anytime.Please feel free to drop us a line to share your thoughts on the site, all comments welcomed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpottedFrog
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009 08:51:35 AM »

You paid for Fed Ex shipping, it should have been sent that way, period. I too would call, get a refund on what I paid for shipping, and very very wary of dealing with that company again.

USPS not leaving it at your door is a carrier decision, completely separate & unrelated to the company you ordered from. I would politely drop a note by your local sub station and let them know you are fine with doorstep delivery. It really depends on the carrier & the day whether you will get that kind of service or not. My regular guy actually asked me if he could leave stuff on my step as it is well protected from the elements & prying eyes. I said yes but when the alternate is delivering I get pick up notices.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BreeCan2
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009 07:21:54 AM »

I was just curious if this was ever resolved?  I'm waiting on a very large order that I placed with them (50yds) and I've been waiting 3 weeks. 

And I can't seem to get a hold of anyone.

I too got a really good deal but can it be worth it to have to wait a month for it?  So frustrating!!

Bree
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoquess
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009 08:02:12 PM »

Well, I did finally get my fabric (one of the colours was off, but workable), FINALLY. I never got a response to my last couple of emails, and when I did try to call, I couldn't reach anyone. So I won't be buying from there again; the wait and the lack of communication offsets the price.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hanfaith
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009 09:16:31 PM »

I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to add my experience to the mix. I have ordered in the past from fabricmaster, and while the quality wasn't great and some cuts seemed a bit short, I didn't make a fuss.

But this week, I ordered almost 40 yards of fabric and a whole cut was missing and another cut was a yard short. There were also holes in some fabric. So I emailed them twice. My second email was firm, because I was concerned (based on this thread and others) that they wouldn't respond.

In addition I was only sent three yards of the blue denim instead of four and there are large tears running down the length of the denim. I can send a picture if you'd like. I would like my missing fabric compensated please or I will take this to the BBB. The quality of packaging is quite low when items are missing and damaged.

Thank you,
H--

Their response:

Hi
I just forwarded your email to the BBB, now we need all the fabric back in the same condition it was shipped to you, I don't deal with threatening, you are way out of line trying to find a solution that way.
Thank you
www.fabricmaster.net
Gerry Michalowitz

!!?? Crazy. My response back:

It is impossible for me to send back all of the fabric in the same condition, as much of it has already been washed. I discovered the condition of the denim and the missing fabric as I was halfway through washing the rest of the fabric. My email was not overly threatening, I just wanted you to know that I was serious about pursuing a resolution.

I don't understand the hostile response - I was simply concerned about the issue and the quality.

I do not think it is right for me to have to pay shipping to have the products returned to you, or unreasonable to request that the missing items be shipped out at your cost. The fault was on your end, and I should not be made to feel as if I was in the wrong by my concern. This is not good practice in retaining customers.

I trust we will be able to resolve this amicably.

Thank you,
H--

Their response:

I guess that threatening with reporting the issue that you said we have to BBB is not hostile, is just a matter of good relationship in your terms.
Our terms are clear, we do not depend on BBB or any other private entity, you want to start a claim on a fabric that is in the packing list from our warehouse, in our terms you have to follow the rules in our website and you are ruled by those terms once you purchased from us, so don't bring any other conditions, do you want your money back for the $5.00 is fine with me.

So here's how I ended it:

Thank you, I would like be be refunded the $6.18 for the fabric I did not receive (1 yard of blue denim, 2 yards of checked fabric). I'm sorry that it's had to come to this - your website states "We are committed to providing our customers with total satisfaction and the best prices. Every time. Guaranteed." so I don't understand why it is unreasonable to request that the missing fabric be sent out to me (seeing as I even paid shipping for that fabric when the total cost was added up), but I will settle with having my money refunded. I guess I will just have to deal with the ripped denim... not necessarily fair, but at this point not worth fighting about. I took a risk dealing with you - there have been a number of concerning posts about your company on sewing forums, and I guess the concerns were legitimate. It is truly a shame as your prices would attract a lot more customers if the customer service was improved.

Thank you again,
H--

Extremely disappointing. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy more expensive fabric. It isn't worth the hassle with these guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheyenneswthrt07
I cann't quiet the creative monkey in my head!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009 06:05:00 PM »

That was an eye opening WOW on thier end.  Talk about jumping on the defensive bandwagon in light speed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009 07:34:38 PM »

Ok I will never shop with them!  How rude!

But as a side note, from a former fabric store employee, I would always inspect the quality of your fabric (and measure it) before washing it.  My store never would have accepted a return for washed fabric because there is no way to know if you didn't do something to it, like not follow the washing instructions or have a machine that tore it up, etc. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anaximander
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009 09:55:44 PM »

Call your credit card. Seriously. Explain that your order was not shipped in its entirety, and that you are receiving no recompense from the company, and you want to do a chargeback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoquess
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009 07:17:30 PM »

Wow, that's ridiculous. I'm practically speechlessand I thought lack of communication was bad enough. How rude.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Attach Hair Extensions To Long Hair
How to Do a Flat Iron Up Do
Celebrity Stylist Talks Hair Trends
How to Style Wavy Hair With Pins
How to Style Wavy Hair with a Curling Iron
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...