A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 301,995
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: -Honest- opinions needed, please! (Wedding bling)  (Read 1832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tmbrunschen
« on: March 11, 2009 03:06:05 AM »

I've been working on the bits and pieces for my wedding(s) and have chosen a Lilac theme for the service in May.

I've created earrings for the day

and have made a necklace... I really like the necklace but I'm not sold on it, so to speak.... I'd LOVE some -honest- opinions and criticisms from other crafty folks, if you'd be so kind.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009 03:06:39 AM by morethanblue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherry_faery
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009 03:26:08 AM »

I honestly think these pieces are beautiful.  One thing that is a bit odd (for lack of a better word) is that the flowers are facing down and we don't get to see the details on the petals that way.  That said, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.  They still look elegant and in this position, the flowers look like they are dangling down as they would on a tree.  Personally, I think both the earrings and the necklace look lovely the way they are.

(PS - Congrats and good luck with your upcoming nuptuals!  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make anything except a straight line.
tmbrunschen
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009 03:31:24 AM »

I honestly think these pieces are beautiful.  One thing that is a bit odd (for lack of a better word) is that the flowers are facing down and we don't get to see the details on the petals that way.  That said, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.  They still look elegant and in this position, the flowers look like they are dangling down as they would on a tree.  Personally, I think both the earrings and the necklace look lovely the way they are.

(PS - Congrats and good luck with your upcoming nuptuals!  Cheesy)

Thank you!

And as you noted, the position of the flowers was deliberate as I want them to look as though the lilac bush looks naturally... Should I upturn them? Im afraid if I do they'll look more like tulips than lilacs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LinzSerena
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009 04:06:44 AM »

I really like the necklace. It's not a traditional wedding necklace, but that's what I like about it. You can actually wear it again for different occasions and it'll be a special little reminder of your wedding day every time you wear it.
I'm not totally sold on the earrings - maybe consider adding a little of the crystals above them to match the necklace and I think it'll look wonderful. That's just my humble opinion though Smiley
Great job! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Lindsey
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Be open to learning new lessons even if they contradict the lessons you learned yesterday."
- Ellen Degeneres
---------------------------------------------
"All great achievements require time" ~Maya Angelou
tmbrunschen
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009 04:08:36 AM »

I really like the necklace. It's not a traditional wedding necklace, but that's what I like about it. You can actually wear it again for different occasions and it'll be a special little reminder of your wedding day every time you wear it.
I'm not totally sold on the earrings - maybe consider adding a little of the crystals above them to match the necklace and I think it'll look wonderful. That's just my humble opinion though Smiley
Great job! Smiley

That's a really good idea, actually... now to track down the seller on eBay *laughs*

Do you think it will matter that I specifically made the earrings to match the cell/mobile phone charms (which have already been posted to my soap-maker) and that adding the crystals will make them different?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherry_blossom55
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009 06:44:26 AM »

I don't think that will matter at all. It's the same general theme, and they honestly can't expect you to spend all that time putting tiny little crystal beads on the charms for every guest!!

My first thought about the necklace was that it doesn't look like it's for a wedding. I'm torn though, because I really do like it the way it is, so it's hard to say...and also I don't know if I could say what I would do to change it unless I knew what the neckline of your dress was  going to be like. it would make all the difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tmbrunschen
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009 06:51:17 AM »

I don't think that will matter at all. It's the same general theme, and they honestly can't expect you to spend all that time putting tiny little crystal beads on the charms for every guest!!

My first thought about the necklace was that it doesn't look like it's for a wedding. I'm torn though, because I really do like it the way it is, so it's hard to say...and also I don't know if I could say what I would do to change it unless I knew what the neckline of your dress was  going to be like. it would make all the difference.

Another good point (about the dress) - I'm making a dress similar to this one http://www.kukyideas.com/journal/2008/08/butterick-4919.html  but modified to -my- body requirements - I hope to make it in a silver or platinum coloured silk, but may end up with something cream/ivory or similar - definitely not white.

Does that help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009 07:13:15 AM »

I love the necklace, and wouldn't change it at all!

I do like the idea of adding the little sparklies to the earrings, though.  That, or! adding another flower that hangs slightly lower than the first.  Just to dress them up a little bit, and give them more character.  But they're lovely!  And I think they're perfectly suitable for a wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009 07:15:51 AM »

yeah, that's a beautiful dress! in my honest opinion, if the neckline is going to be that high I wouldn't wear a necklace at all. There'd be very little open space on your chest. But if the V was cut slightly lower, I think the shape you have the necklace right now is perfect! (that's just my opinion, i only wear necklaces to fill open chest-space Grin) It's slightly casual, but then so is the dress style, and I think they'll look great together! I agree with Aislynn too, adding another flower on the earrings would be beautiful, and it would mimic the necklace, which is awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reuse
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009 07:53:30 AM »

I love love love these!  the necklace is amazing! I cant believe you made it actually, its really great. Being completely honest, i think you should wear them for sure, they are great!

i hope you have a lovely wedding! Smiley congrats!

ps i love your freckels, i have them too, and they are so pretty i think! (the colour of the neckless really stands out against them)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009 07:55:02 AM by reuse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blogy blog: http://asewciallife.blogspot.com/

when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Breakfast Casserole
How to Make Seared Ahi Tuna
How to Make Chicken Wings
How to Grill Lobster Tails
How to Grill Corn On The Cob
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...