A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finally a lip balm I can handle  (Read 6727 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JadedOne
« on: March 10, 2009 03:08:04 PM »

So while my kids were in school today, and while my husband was laying down.  I decided that i was going to again try my hand at making some lip balm.

So I melted down (in a small glass bowl in the microwave) 3-3.5 oz of petroleum jelly.

after it was completely melted, I mixed spoonful of unsweetened Cocoa powder.

this was shortly after it started to set.

I had just poured into the containers.

This was after it was set, I had to scoop it out with a spoon....... and this is what it looks like after everything is said and done......

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009 03:29:17 PM »

Oooh what does it taste like?  I hate commercial lip balm!  I'm always tempted by the smell and the tasty sounding names, but end up wiping it off almost straight away, as it never feels right and usually tastes foul.  My gran use to swear by petroleum jelly for all sorts of 'beauty' stuff a long time ago.

Great stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
runningwolf

Loving mother nature <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009 03:35:22 PM »

Very sweet! I usually put on Vaso on my lips to keep them un-chapped but this is great. Vaso with flavor!!! Does it go on chocolate brown too? Colorwise?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JadedOne
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009 03:39:49 PM »

Oooh what does it taste like?  I hate commercial lip balm!  I'm always tempted by the smell and the tasty sounding names, but end up wiping it off almost straight away, as it never feels right and usually tastes foul.  My gran use to swear by petroleum jelly for all sorts of 'beauty' stuff a long time ago.

Great stuff.

Doesn't have a taste to it, at least not that i noticed LOL....now I'm gonna have to go put some on and find out....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JadedOne
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009 03:42:12 PM »

Very sweet! I usually put on Vaso on my lips to keep them un-chapped but this is great. Vaso with flavor!!! Does it go on chocolate brown too? Colorwise?

It usually goes on sheer but I did notice that if you have a lot on your finger that it does have tint to it....I took pics but all that showed up was the shiny lol and no color Smiley

I attempted to add some peppermint extract to it but it didn't go over so well lol.....I wonder if peppermint oil would work well with it........Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009 03:42:22 PM »

Mmm love anything chocolate, this looks good, will have to try this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009 03:48:57 PM »

Thanks,  I'm going to have a go.  Will buy some vaseline tomorrow - already have cocoa powder.  Peppermint might be nice, but not sure how well it would mix with the petroleum jelly - have a look at the bath and beauty section, they might have some suggestions/ideas.  I love grapefruit oil - Yum yum, the smell is gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
JadedOne
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009 03:57:41 PM »

I'm not too big on the grapefuit scents but I like things like mint, orange, strawberry, you get the idea LOL........I didn't even intend on making this today....I was bored and since there was no one around I figured, why not?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jca1982
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009 04:08:43 PM »

That looks yummy.

I found some 'recipe' for vaseline mixed with hot cocoa mix for a lip gloss. I haven't tried it yet but that might give you a little flavor...and they do have mint hot cocoa mix. Also if I recall correctly, it gives your lips kind a light brown glossy look.

I want to make some!!!

J.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
https://MidwestBeauties.etsy.com
JadedOne
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009 04:27:53 PM »

I haven't found any in my area but I'll have to look again.............w onder if kool aid would have the same effect for the strawberry and orange flavors.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
KD101: Bread Pudding with Vanilla Butter Sauce Recipe
White Chocolate Cheesecake from Colicchio & Sons
Your Definition Of Salad Should Not Include This
Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookie Recipe
How to Make a Next-Level Fruit Salad
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...