A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,525
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: belly-tube  (Read 13528 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

naggie_maggie
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009 08:00:25 PM »

love it!
I don't like camisoles because they always fit my boobs weird/wrong, especially the ones with built in bras.
what a great alternative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StonesWifey
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009 12:55:49 AM »

INGENIOUS Grin..yeah I am really curvy and ALWAYS have that problem. Does it roll down on the top when you're wearing it? Thats amazin though..I must make
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ashling
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009 07:54:17 AM »

I think this is a great idea, but that it would look better in a solid, or a more random print.  Horizontal stripes do have a bit of a widening effect, and red against black makes the red stand out.  I think this one would look best with a coordinating red top.  (This is meant as constructive criticism, I'm not trying to be mean, and I hope you don't take it that way. Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StyxAndStones
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009 01:13:57 PM »

That is cool! I remember reading about these a while ago-- in Japan, they call them Haramaki and sometimes doctors will recommend using these along with medicine for stomach/intestine/kidney ailments.

Looks cozy-- like wearing a hug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a part of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect."--G. Carlin
schuss
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009 05:23:26 AM »

This is a brilliant idea!  I love wearing low-rise jeans (more flattering on my hips and tush) but I'm always so paranoid about bending over or even sitting down in them sometimes, particularly as so many cute tees these days seem designed for unimpeded navel-gazing...  *sigh*  Anyway, this is the perfect idea to fix that problem and keep snuggly warm in cold weather, thank you so much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morrigan_le_faye
Come to the dark side - we have cookies....

currently obsessed with fibres! :D

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2009 05:44:58 AM »

I think this is a great idea, but that it would look better in a solid, or a more random print.  Horizontal stripes do have a bit of a widening effect, and red against black makes the red stand out.  I think this one would look best with a coordinating red top.  (This is meant as constructive criticism, I'm not trying to be mean, and I hope you don't take it that way. Smiley)

I agree with you. After wearing it a few times, I thought about that problem, too. When I made it, I was totally in love with that fabric, and I still like it. Nevertheless I think I'll do the next one in a solid print.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morrigan_le_faye
Come to the dark side - we have cookies....

currently obsessed with fibres! :D

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2009 05:46:41 AM »

INGENIOUS Grin..yeah I am really curvy and ALWAYS have that problem. Does it roll down on the top when you're wearing it? Thats amazin though..I must make

It doesn't roll down at all. This might be because I cut it in shape...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa C
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009 02:40:36 PM »

even though you don't look all that curvaceous this top is awesome, I am not really curvy but I have a baby fat belly and I too hate it when your shirt rides up I wear long tank tops under everything. When my sister was preggo I cut the top off tank tops ( the tight kind) and she used them as belly bands. And she continued to use them after for breast feeding too so she didn't feel so naked hauling her shirt up every ten minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonRhapsody
AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009 02:43:29 PM »

I don't think you could patent it, but I have heard of belly warmers a while ago! They are very popular in Japan and have been for a while! A great tutorial I found {since I have such a growing belly, being 8months pregnant and all} is the Haramaki / Tummy Warmer tutorial!

Although I'm sure there are various other ways of making a nice belly warmer! Here's the article I first saw regarding haramaki: http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2007/03/japanese_grannies_knit_belly_w.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katedotson
yay for being crafty!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009 07:47:28 PM »

I think I love it!! not only is this a ridiculously good idea, it is SO CUTE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ballerina Inspired Hairstyle at the Bibhu Mohapatra SS 2014 Show
How to Get Sexy Date Night Hair in Minutes
Modern Textured Hairstyles at the Tadashi Shoji SS 2014 Fashion Show
A Quick Updo Tutorial, for a Formal Event
Top 5 Ways to Add Shine to Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mashed Chickpea Salad Sammy
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...