A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,038
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet Swap: Rodent Revolution! (Sign ups CLOSED, Send by 4/30)  (Read 18283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2009 04:18:14 PM »

My girls will also bury strange things in their litter box. They also use one of their cuddle cups to cover up their food bowl. I really wish I knew what went on in their heads....

It's finally been long enough to be safe to put the boys in with the girls! So I think I'm going to intro them all together on the bed and hopefully by Tuesday everyone will be in the same cage. It's okay if it takes longer, but I'd really like them to be able to be all together by Tuesday....because we're getting a new baby and I'd love to use the Martin's cage the boys are in right now for her quarantine! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilgal

I love knitting and my gerbils.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2009 07:22:37 PM »

I might have to knit up something different for my partner's rats. I have been reading around that handknitted hammocks are dangerous. The rats can get their feet stuck and possibly hurt their necks. I don't want Feline2001's rats hurt by something I made. I one item I made is ok. I might have to scratch the other two and make something else. That's problem with only knowing I craft.  I really wish I knew how to sew. Even a little. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gerbilgal1/
Squeaky Knitting: http://www.etsy.com/shop/gerbilgal

Current Swaps:
I Heart Tea 2: Signups
MADness323
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2009 09:38:26 PM »

I have a new found respect for Piggie owners, they're so fussy with what you can give them! I can toss anything and my ferret or rats and they'll be happy for days, but piggies might eat everything! I'm having trouble coming up with original gifts for them! I've got my partner's stuff done, but I can't make up my mind for the critter gifts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
Ratfinkz
Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2009 03:11:56 AM »

Gerbilgal - I read about knitted hammocks being dangerous too - but I also know of people who use them and are fine with them - so I am happy to use them too!

I havent started yet - as have been totally hectic - but will be doing so this week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
panda
« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2009 04:45:39 AM »

MADness-I have guinea pigs and have one who is so picky that you can not change his water bottle with a different one or move his food dish to different spot.  HE POUTS.  Then there is patches who will eat just about anything and sleep on mini dog bed, I made him.

I am crazy about my piggies - I just got 6 more to add to my colony...  One of my sons told me I could got get any more then my age......well that did not happen we are working with his age added to mine....LOL.

Can not wait for my partner to get her things......I hope she like it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2009 06:29:32 AM »

I have a new found respect for Piggie owners, they're so fussy with what you can give them! I can toss anything and my ferret or rats and they'll be happy for days, but piggies might eat everything! I'm having trouble coming up with original gifts for them! I've got my partner's stuff done, but I can't make up my mind for the critter gifts.
My piggies are not real picky, they will eat anything that won't kill them and I mean anything. I think my piggies might be real pigs Grin They also love soft things, pillows, bed, hammock, but I have to have multiples of everything so I can change them everyday, if I don't they turn into giant hair balls. They also love to chew on things.
My chinchilla is the picky one, she does eat any extras but a raisin here or there or half a baby carrot, only half every time, but she loves bells.
Hope that helps Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
panda
« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2009 07:29:29 AM »

Tattooedcrafter -  I have so many personalities here with 60 piggies, 2 chins, 2 hamsters, 8 parrotletts.  I know what you mean about more then one things.

I am now proud own of 10 Skinnies.  I tell you what they eat so much, more then normal guinea pigs.  That is so they can keep their body heat up.  Couple of new babies, no I did not breed these but they are mine now....yeah.  Somedays I wish I lived on a farm so I can get or have more pets to love on.

Oreo sharing ma with handfeed parrotlets about month old. 
We have a busy household....off to thrift store to find stuff to make more bedding and feeding pads.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 06:26:03 AM by panda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2009 04:44:07 PM »

I've read that knitted and crocheted hammocks are okay as long as you use small, tight stitches. I know a lady who has almost all crocheted furniture in her rat cage and has never had a problem, although she said that she changes everything out more often than the sewn items because once a hole has been chewed and they start to unravel, she feels they aren't safe anymore.

Also, first sender so I'll get the gallery up tonight. I'm having a lot of problems with Craftster on my computer so don't hate me if it takes a few hours. TT_TT
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2009 07:14:33 PM »

I'm not a swapper but I'd be more concerned with my animals getting thier nail caught than feet. If you perhaps knit your hammock then line the top with fabric I think it would be fine.
I'd finish the hammock then lay it on a peice of paper. pin it to the paper and trace around it.
Cut the fabric about 1/2-1/4 inch bigger than your pattern and iron the edges under about that much. Then stitch it on top with a machine or by hand with the smooth side up and the ironed edges sand witched between the fabric and the knit fabric.
That is my thoughts on it. like I said not a swapper in this one but That's the easiest way I can think of to make it work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #159 on: April 12, 2009 08:26:47 PM »

(warning image heavy!!!!!!)
Songs... you asked for pics... well here ya preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'go.............................................')

MOVING DAY!!! So the Rat Condo is finished!!!!!!!!! Here's the pics. Hope you like.....

Top of the empty case...

a fuller view...

As you can see Rat-aneer Movers brought some of the furniture over...

The New Door (and yes that IS gold shag carpet in the basement here!!!!!)...

TA-DAAAAAAAA!! Rat-aneer Movers are great!!! I think their names were Dann and Lyn  Wink . They moved Kira and Dottie awesomely. Even down to the setting up the joint!!! Not experienced on laying Fleece carpet down but they did that too!!!!! hahahaha...

Top Floor..1st...

1st & 2nd floor...

2nd & 3rd floor...

3rd & 4th floor...

4th & Bottom floor...

Now for some in side fun....

I had to go out this afternoon and when I got home and went downstairs....I saw something funny stuck to the One Floor apt. Kira and Dottie moved out of...... the sign read:

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA')!!!!!
Guess they need more rattie cash to pay for that new condo to live in!!! Or just put an add into The Rat-tribune to look for more roomates!!! haha!!!

Hope you like the storybook I just typed out!! LOL!!
C&C are welcomed!!!!
Thanks for looking!!!! Have a great week everyone!!!!!!
-GH

PS on a side note I have sent out as of Saturday!!!! **phew** so glad to have gotten that one done early... now on to 2 other swaps!!! yay for no free time!!!!
 Kiss

« Last Edit: April 12, 2009 08:43:57 PM by GrindHouseHussy19 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Recovery Story: Burned, Blinded, and Blessed
Let the Sky Fall Trailer
The Life of John Hay, from Lincoln to Roosevelt
David Rotenberg on the Junction Chronicles
Wool by Hugh Howey Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...