A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
793 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pet Swap: Rodent Revolution! (Sign ups CLOSED, Send by 4/30)  (Read 17739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009 04:23:54 PM »

hmmm...i wish i didn't have so much going on in my life right now.  i would totally join.  i have two chinnies...bobae and nabi (5 years old now) I got them right after they were weaned from their Momma.  And here's a picture just because everyone here likes rodents...and might enjoy my fuzzy butts!   Cheesy

and here's what they looked like when I first got them...they were soooo tiny.  Squee!

they are such characters! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

amigurumicraze
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009 05:16:22 PM »

Here's my hammies:

Cruella and Maleficent

Poppy, Flower, and Toots.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009 06:43:24 PM »

AWWWWWWWWWWW everyones fluffys are so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
Nostrum
Australian made and owned.

Don't dream it, be it.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009 08:44:53 PM »

I grew up having rats around, and it's only been the last five years that I haven't had any!

I'm definitely concidering joining, but as I live in Australia, postage is a beeeeyatch. Whoever I end up with would have to understand that postage is gonna cost more than the materials..  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep smiling - It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Looking for Australian personal swaps! [For now. I'll branch overseas when I can afford it!]
thania
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2009 09:33:44 PM »

OMG!!! AWWWWW I just about cried when I saw these guys, I had two chins, a standard grey and a tan ( from a violet parent so it was real pretty with red eyes) I loved them but then my husband left  to japan when i was 8 months prego and living upstairs apt it was hard to clean the cage n/e way i had to give em away to the pet shop, so im sad now... enjoy them, they realy are such sweet animals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FABULOSITY!!!!!

my wists
http://www.wists.com/thania
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2009 10:34:41 PM »

OMG!!! AWWWWW I just about cried when I saw these guys, I had two chins, a standard grey and a tan ( from a violet parent so it was real pretty with red eyes) I loved them but then my husband left  to japan when i was 8 months prego and living upstairs apt it was hard to clean the cage n/e way i had to give em away to the pet shop, so im sad now... enjoy them, they realy are such sweet animals.

: (  I'm sorry.  The cage is hard to clean.  I mean at least in Bobae and Nabi's case, the cage is 4 feet tall.  Its ginormous, two levels which means two pans of litter to clean out.  My daughter will be a year in two weeks and I remember trying to clean it pregnant...the belly got in the way.  Luckily we live in a one floor apartment so no stairs to climb and my husband is here to help.  He's buying me a shop wet/dry vac for my birthday (my request) to make cleaning easier.  They are very sweet animals...I've had them almost their entire lives so that's almost 5 years now.  My daughter has just discovered them and loves giving them treats...so cute.  On that note...my daughter's favorite toys are a rat, weasel, and hedgehog stuffies that I got from IKEA.  I love that she totes around a toy rat.   Cheesy 

Since the sign ups go until after her birthday (one of the things that is making me hesitant to join...so much to do)...I will wait and see if there is still room after her party...maybe my life will be less chaotic and I can join.  I want to join.  I just need to make sure I have the time for a 7 point swap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009 01:01:16 AM »

Yeah, life can get crazy fast, but I hope that you can end up joining us. The more the merrier! Your chins look so sweet!

And I love how your hamsters look like they're emerging from a sea of tissue in that second pic! Cheesy So cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009 07:06:34 AM »

On that note...my daughter's favorite toys are a rat, weasel, and hedgehog stuffies that I got from IKEA.  I love that she totes around a toy rat.   Cheesy  

Are you talking about these rats? http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20153695

My 5-year-old daughter carries hers around too!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009 07:09:07 AM by lovething » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009 07:16:42 AM »

ahaha!  yep, that's the rattie I'm speaking of.  Last time we went to IKEA, Aria found it and fell in love with it...After she drooled profusely all over it...I decided it was best if we brought him home.  We have unusual stuffed animals for her though so he fits right in...right now I believe she has the aforementioned rat, hedgehogs, and weasel, plus a meerkat, lemur, and bat.  We've decided it is our duty as parents to add to this collection of unusual stuffies.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009 07:38:58 AM »

I've never seen the weasel or the hedgehog before! I'll have to look for those next time I go. My girl also has an unusual stuffed animal collection, including a giant beetle, a four legged spider and a zombie. Who needs teddy bears when you have bugs, rodents and the undead?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Navigate in Blender
How to Load & Save in Blender
How to UV Map in Blender
How to Use Basic Key Framing and IPO Curves in Blender
How to Model with Subserfs in Blender
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...