A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,236
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handmade Bird Swap, Sweat Shoppe Style! -- PICS BY 5/2, SEND 5/5  (Read 27942 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 30, 2009 10:07:49 AM »

I'm just concerned about the people who can only make one trip to the PO today. I need to go now, and can only send to three people in my group. I'm probably not going to be able to go again until tomorrow. If I get back home and new people are greenlighted this afternoon, technically I'm sending late if I don't send out to them today. I just want to make sure people aren't penalized in this situation.

I hope that people aren't penalized too.  In the sweat shop swap, it was changed so that there were two dates, one for going green and one for shipping a couple days later.  So that this wouldn't be a problem for people sending on the last day (or not being able to) because their partners turned green on the last day.  Maybe we could do that here?  Make today the green light day and then have a 'send by' date of May 2? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SarahBlais
« Reply #281 on: April 30, 2009 10:10:30 AM »

I hope that people aren't penalized too.  In the sweat shop swap, it was changed so that there were two dates, one for going green and one for shipping a couple days later.  So that this wouldn't be a problem for people sending on the last day (or not being able to) because their partners turned green on the last day.  Maybe we could do that here?  Make today the green light day and then have a 'send by' date of May 2? 

That would be great! Then I could just make ONE trip to the post office on Saturday, May 2nd. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

purlgurlknits
« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2009 10:19:01 AM »

I'm just concerned about the people who can only make one trip to the PO today. I need to go now, and can only send to three people in my group. I'm probably not going to be able to go again until tomorrow. If I get back home and new people are greenlighted this afternoon, technically I'm sending late if I don't send out to them today. I just want to make sure people aren't penalized in this situation.

How about jumping the gun a bit?...I mean, the others in my group have recently posted that they've finished and/or are awaiting dragonmama's green light. I'm thinking I'll just post them all today as I too only have time for one trip to the PO and unfortunately Saturday will not work for me. Sigh...the stresses we put on ourselves. Smiley This has been very fun though. I hope you all like your birdies!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog ||  ravelry ||  wist
swaps: handmade bird swap, coraline mystery box swap
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2009 10:26:33 AM »

Great job folks! We only need six more peopole to send me their pictures and then EVERYONE will be grennlit, hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
dragonmama
MILF-y Crafter

Retired Swapper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2009 11:00:08 AM »

Sorry for the problems. I'll move the send date to the 5th of May. Please send pics by the 2nd or be considered late.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sandandsilk.wordpress.com

wists.com/dragoneyezed
purlgurlknits
« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2009 11:10:01 AM »

purlgurlknits --> OhThat goatgoddess SarahBlais Foxlet crafty gurll

Gotta love the color green! All my little birdies have flown the coup. I just got back from the post office. I just walked right up to the counter too. No line or anything! Woot! Tis a good day. I have huge spoilers on my blog and flickr site, so peek at your own risk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog ||  ravelry ||  wist
swaps: handmade bird swap, coraline mystery box swap
Rainbow_Storms
« Reply #286 on: April 30, 2009 11:33:31 AM »

I just received the cutest/funniest little bird from Avesthel!! He is perfect, thank you!
I have to go to work (I think the mailman comes 10 minutes before I leave just to taunt me...) but I will be sure to post pictures tomorrow! I think we're going to be calling him Looey (don't ask me why... DH is being silly).  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps! Just PM me!

I've recently gotten into blythes; check out my blog about mine here:
http://saffron42.livejournal.com
http://deliagrey.etsy.com
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2009 11:47:30 AM »

I did manage to make it back to the PO today, so all my birdies are flying off to their new homes now. I hope everyone likes them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 30, 2009 01:46:13 PM »

Yay!  I'm so glad you like him!  Cheesy  I have a mini one just like it because the prototype turned out way too small.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Foxlet

Mad scientist in the making

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: April 30, 2009 02:58:21 PM »

I sent all of mine off this morning, even though two people in my group weren't technically green-lit, and one still isn't. I just kind of hate going to the post office. Tongue Now I just need to PM the organiser and my partners.

I can't wait to get my birds! They'll probably take a while, though. All of mine are going across the pond to America, so I guess that's a two, three week wait. They were sent priority, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog ; Ravelry ; Wists ; Twitter

I play the web.

Personal swap friendly!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tiny Skeleton Art, Creepy or Cool?
Man Turns Damaged Tree Into A Magnificent Work of Art
Jeff Koons on How Art Enlightens Him
The Future of Aesthetics with Dale Chihuly
Nudity & Anatomy: 18th-Century Statue Causes a Scandal
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...