A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
673 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handmade Bird Swap, Sweat Shoppe Style! -- PICS BY 5/2, SEND 5/5  (Read 26715 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #270 on: April 29, 2009 09:12:36 PM »

mine are done - and pic has been sent - just waiting to see if my group goes green Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SarahBlais
« Reply #271 on: April 29, 2009 09:32:25 PM »

I'm finished with my birds and just sent my picture in! Hopefully, everyone in my group will be green-lighted by the time I head out to the post office tomorrow! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #272 on: April 30, 2009 12:37:38 AM »

I'm also off to the post office tomorrow. I think all mine will be green by then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
Foxlet

Mad scientist in the making

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: April 30, 2009 01:01:25 AM »

I'm actually a little confused- do I need to wait for everyone I'm sending to to have a green light, or is it receiving from/ both? Hopefully everyone will have a green light by tomorrow morning, as that's the only chance I'll have tomorrow to go to the post office. If not, I'll just have to make another trip some other day soon.

I was wondering that myself.  There's only 2 green lights in my group so far.  I definitely won't be able to go to the post office more than once tomorrow.

I think the green light means that they've sent a picture of their finished birds to the organiser, and are ready to send. You are only supposed to send to green-lit participants. All of this probably helps cut down flaking. Smiley I suppose that if someone's not green by the time you're going to the post office, you're allowed to send theirs later?

I'm going to the post office in another hour or so. All of mine are either green or, judging by the posts here, finished, so I think I'll send all of mine out at once. The less time I have to spend at the post office, the better. (The staff are incredibly slow and terribly rude and snooty. :/ )
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009 01:01:52 AM by Foxlet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog ; Ravelry ; Wists ; Twitter

I play the web.

Personal swap friendly!
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: April 30, 2009 03:40:31 AM »

dragonmama, will you please post when you update this morning? I can only make one trip to the PO as well, and my group is not complete (although SarahBlais posted that she's ready; yay!)

Also, what DOES happen if someone in your group gets greenlighted later today after you've been to the PO once and/or it's after hours? I'd hate to get marked for sending late; my birds have been boxed up and ready to go for over a week.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
jrain
« Reply #275 on: April 30, 2009 05:10:36 AM »

One person in my group hasn't been green lighted yet but I have to go out now, so I guess I am just going to send out my birds to those who are green. I hope I don't get marked as sending late for the final bird as it is all ready to go. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #276 on: April 30, 2009 07:16:06 AM »

It's a public holiday here tomorrow so if I can't get them out in tomorrow's post I will post the Sunday (post offices open 7 days a week here).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
SarahBlais
« Reply #277 on: April 30, 2009 08:51:20 AM »

I was planning on going to the post office on my lunch hour today. Hopefully, some more people in my group are green-light (including myself) before then!   Grin

And to answer rackycoo's question regarding feedback for sending late, I think I read somewhere on here that since you were green before the ship date then it doesn't count against you as being sent late...

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009 08:58:25 AM by SarahBlais » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: April 30, 2009 09:28:12 AM »

I'm just concerned about the people who can only make one trip to the PO today. I need to go now, and can only send to three people in my group. I'm probably not going to be able to go again until tomorrow. If I get back home and new people are greenlighted this afternoon, technically I'm sending late if I don't send out to them today. I just want to make sure people aren't penalized in this situation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
SarahBlais
« Reply #279 on: April 30, 2009 09:54:58 AM »

It looks like I've got only one person in my group who's technically green-lighted (and that's rackycoo.)  But I've already e-mailed in my pic and from the posts here I think that Foxlet is ready to go also...

I was really hoping to get all the birds sent out all at once today. The post office can be such a pain! I'm not going to have time to go to the post office tomorrow, as I already have an appointment on my lunch hour, so the rest will have to wait until Saturday.

Hopefully, the other 3 will be green by then. Because I really don't want to have to make a third trip to the post office...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Volumizing Hair Powder
How To Get A Segmented High Ponytail
How To Tease Your Hair Properly
9 Lies About Your Hair You Probably Believe
How to Get the Sock Bun Look
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...