Swap name: Dollar Store Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Pinky Yarn
Sign-up date range: March 8-March 22nd, partners will be assigned on March 23rd
Date to send item by: April 30th
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):
19 (20 with me)
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES
If so, which country? US only this round, just to keep everything fair with the dollar amounts.
Age requirement? over 13, no matter what age you MUST have reliable transportation to ship your packageSwap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: N/A
Details of swap:
Details of swap:
Yes, it is back! AGAIN! The Dollar Store swap. Here's the rules from last swaps with some of my own tweaks -
1. It's easy to go nuts in the dollar store, so there is a spending limit. No less then $6 and no more than $12 (before tax).
2. There are fake dollar stores out there. You know the ones, The 99 Cents (and in really itty bitty letters) and up stores. Well, for this swap the store has to be at least 90% of just dollar stuff, there are some stores out there that have a "roped off" section of items that are more than a dollar, but to store has to be almost all dollar items.
3. No going to other stores like Micheals or WalMart and going to their dollar section. The store has to be at least 90% dollar stuff.
4. No thrift stores. I know I know, but they are so wonderful! I thought a while about this and I think it would be fun to just keep to the dollar store.
5. You may use less than 25% of your stash to make your items. Example: thread from your stash to sew something together with fabric you found in a table runner at the dollar store. Your items should absolutely feature what you bought at the dollar store. If this isnt followed it will be reflected in the comments on your feedback.
5. Think outside the box and have fun!
What to craft:
2 smalls and 1 medium
Additional rules to ensure everything goes smoothly and we all have fun (adapted from pinupmommy)
I am reserving the right to refuse any crafter who has poor communication and/or late send-outs for previous swaps!
-When sending PM's, please include "DSS" in all subjects.
-Please post an update in the forum weekly once partners have been assigned. You don't have to write more than your crafting progress (Medium 50%, Small 0%) if you don't want to. People who post weekly are less likely to flake, and no one likes flakers! Also, talk to your partner! Have fun and make a new friend.
-DC#'s must be purchased when you ship. Please PM me with "DSS- Shipped" as the subject and copy the message to your partner. If you will be shipping late, you MUST notify both myself AND your partner. I understand sometimes that darn thing called life gets in the way of crafting, and Id MUCH rather have someone who sends a little late than someone who flakes.
-When you receive, please PM me with "DSS - Received" as the subject and copy the message to your partner.
-I will set up a gallery once the first person has shipped. Please post pictures when your package arrives. Your partner put a lot of work into crafting for you! They deserve a little recognition!! Your feedback may be delayed if you don't post pictures promptly. If you stated in your questionnaire that you have access to a camera and don't post pictures that will be noted in your feedback.
- Right after you post pictures, PM me with DSS- Pictures in the subject and what page your picture are on to ensure you receive timely feedback
If you have any questions about any of this feel free to PM me
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Dollar Store Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no):
I have read and understand the Swap Info Guide:
What type of crafts can you do?:
What type of crafts do you especially admire?:
Least favorite colors:
Any children (with paws or hands or otherwise?):
List any links here so your partner can get a feel for your style (blog, wists, etc.) :Are you allergic to anything?:
Do you have any allergens in your home (smoke, pet dander, peanut butter smothered walls and floors, etc):
Do you have access to a camera?:
Is there anything else youd like your partner to know?:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
1. Pinky Yarn
* welcome first time swapper
*welcome first time swapper
*welcome first time swapper
pinky yarn janniepie
quaggysent but not received = greenreceived but not sent = bluesent and received = purplelate with communication = orangelate w/ no communication PM me ASAP = red feedback givenGallery