A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dotees - Mini Art Dolls Round 4  (Read 13600 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2009 09:44:19 AM »

Oh my goodness, I'm falling behind here ... everyone's dotee's are SO CUTE!  Ma Rut - did you ask for "crazy" because they are - in the best crafty way possible - love them all!  All the great beads and faces and buttons and fabrics ... and the crazy hair on everyone's is so fun to see.  And each one is so unique, can't get enough of them!

Here's my newest Dotee from Pogo - a beautiful little moon ...

She has wonderful tiny little beadwork and a spiral charm that is great for a Goddess loving girl like me ... and her saying is quite appropriate for my life right now - "We will not know unless we begin".  She is perfectly lovely - thanks Pogo -  Grin

PS:  PirateColey - guess your husband is gonna have to set up an account and start trading Dotees - his headhunter is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
kmac

kmac at art camp

« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2009 12:22:51 PM »

Yesterday I wasn't even expecting anything special in the mail and I got two dotees.  Yippee

The first is is fun, colorful flower girl from Pogo geek_goddess

And then I got this elegant lady from geek_goddess pogo

and here they are all together

helenheels, phnxreign99, pogo, geek_goddess

THANK YOU ALL, Group 3 ROCKS Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009 10:27:29 AM by kmac » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamarose22
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2009 02:04:06 PM »

I love all these dotees.  They are all so different.  I especially love the little girl in the black & white polka dot dress.  Is her face done with magic marker?  Embroidered?  And...Pirate Coley, your husband has talent.  I guess he does have to sign up so he join us in our swaps.  There might be a few other guys out there in some of the swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.wists.com/mamarose22
mamarose22
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2009 02:11:25 PM »

By the way, I also received my Dotee from Jessbee, and she also wrapped the Dotee in extra fabric.  Clever Idea.  Now I can make a companion for my Dotee.  I will post pictures this weekend.  Thank you Jessbee. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.wists.com/mamarose22
Henny Penny
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2009 02:20:05 PM »

TeachingJonah! I almost used the same lady face button on one of my dottees! I love the way you put that sassy accoutrement to work!

Also, Pirate C...nice head hunter from the hubby. He did a marvelous job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2009 02:32:49 PM »

I love the moon Dotee!! So sweet. And geek_goddess- that lady you sent kmac is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the shape and the arms!!!

And thanks for the comments on my husband's Dotee. He's been making me check the page every few hours to see if anyone commented about it... then acts like he doesn't really care. Men are so funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

helenheels
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2009 02:36:03 PM »

my life is so crazy, you guys. i never have time to stop for a single second. i can't remember what i just did or tell you what i'm doing next, i just go constantly. so, it's SO AWESOME to get these dotees in the mail!! IT TOTALLY makes my day... week... month! i have them all around my office and they're the talk of the 5th floor! thank you so much! they really brighten my day!

last night i received an awesome monster from fierytree!! all my dotees are SO SO RAD! i can't wait to be able to post a pic of them all together! anyway, not to take away from this one... just looking at it makes me laugh... i wanna give it a hug! it's perfect!!! i hope the people in my office don't think i'm crazy when i start giving them names! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! here it is:

he's wild-eyed and crazy-tailed!!! PERFECT!!! I LOVE IT!!!

this SERIOUSLY is the best swap ever! i LOVE everyone's dotees and creativity. i'm definitely signing up for the next one! thanks for making my month!
xo
-clarissa (helenheels)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i LO-O-OVE personal swaps, yo!
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2009 04:23:40 PM »

Wow, I am really behind with my praise for the Dotees in the gallery. I love the diversity, they are so awesome with the different subject matter!! I love how the bridal ones came out, the various animals, unique shapes. This gallery is so great!!

I'm glad mine are finding their homes in record time too!!
Phnxreign99 - so glad you liked your moon. Smiley
Kmac - the brown lass was actually from me. [I'm hoping I get a cute flower Dotee from geek_goddess too.]
Helen_heels - your post cracked me up, I'm so glad you liked your monster. I found he is not very huggable since he is made out of Boa but I loved his tail. Definitely share when the naming takes place. Smiley

I can't wait to receive my final Dotee soon!!!

P.S. PirateColey - your husband's head hunter is genius! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
kmac

kmac at art camp

« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2009 04:30:57 PM »

Kmac - the brown lass was actually from me. [I'm hoping I get a cute flower Dotee from geek_goddess too.]

Red cheeks and embarresment here. I was so sure I got those last two dotees correct with their creators.  That's the problem with getting two swap packages at the same time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2009 05:18:58 PM »

Red cheeks and embarresment here. I was so sure I got those last two dotees correct with their creators.  That's the problem with getting two swap packages at the same time.
No big deal! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Recording Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Work With the Actions Panel in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Increase the Productivity in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Toolbar Shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Work With User Interface Shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...