A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,781
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: going to my first big craft show  (Read 1044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: March 23, 2005 02:04:23 PM »

I am going to be going to a craft show in about 3weeks and I am working on my stuff for and the more I think about it the more I am worried that my stuff won't sell, so I was hoping that you guys could help me unfortunately I don't have pic to show you but any way. I am making masqurade ball masks pins,decorated wooden spoons,faux stained glass votives,and painted birdhouses. So what do you guys think? Do you think my stuff will sell?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005 11:44:22 AM »

HI Good luck with your first show. It sounds like you have a good variety of stuff to place on your stall.

I am replying as I did my first ever craft fair last month. (got another on the 3 april)

I did not sell anything on the day. The other stall holders told me I had picked a terrible day for my first fair (mothers day), as the number of visitors was way down from the expected number.

I did however learn an awful lot from listening to the comments made by the customers, and some from the other stall holders.
The thing that stood out after the show, was that I did not have any cheap and cheerful items to kickstart the selling. That will be rectified this month as I now have some hand made leather keyfobs,pouches etc,which will be sold at a reasonable price.

My main advice is therefore,to have a full range of prices across your items. You have already got a reasonable variety.I think almost anything will appeal to somebody, so time will tell with your products, and with experience you will change items, just I now have new ideas and products to try, even after just one craft fair.

Above all enjoy yourself, and do not get too down if you do not sell out. Remember we are doing this crafty stuff, because we love it.
Have a great day.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007 05:16:33 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005 03:38:46 AM »

Also, since you have just a differing types of items you are selling, think about your display. You don't want it to be mixed, so shoppers can look atall your variations of one craft and buy it. Instead of flat table, you may want to take one of your storage boxes/bins on top the table, covered with a matching cloth and display items there. Maybe put the 'stained glass' votives up there on a cloth that brings out their colors best.

Can you prop the pins up against the bin you put on the table or are they in a case? Sounds like black is best for those two.

The wooden spoons are going to be displayed in jars or flat?
The birdhouses on both sides should give a nice balance. A black gingham would be perfect, but unlikely to find. Perhaps a grassy green to kinda give the idea of birdhouses outdoors?

Hope I helped some, Enjoy, Beth
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005 07:45:31 AM »

I have been doing shows here in WV for over 3 years and I understand how you learn from show to show I still learn new things . I use old wooden crates to display stuff on and in . Bakers racks come in handy too. Also a good Idea is to rearrange things often . Often people will come back and say did you sell that ?  Keep your head up and don't get discouraged after 1 bad show .I have found that the Spring shows are slower than the fall ones at least here anyway.    Susan
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Single Crochet
Inexpensive Halloween Decorations
Eco Friendly Halloween Crafts
Kitty Litter Cake Trick for Halloween
Tricks and Treats to Enjoy Halloween on a Budget
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...