A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,880
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Second Chance Wishlist  (Read 25760 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2009 09:18:28 AM »

Hello, I'm Erin.

About Me:
I am a 25-year-old married lady and mother of an almost 1-year-old boy. I live in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in an artsy and historic little town in Northern California. I have a small dog named Poppy. I enjoy taking walks around town and hiking and swimming at the river. Im kinda outdoorsy and kind of a homebody.
My style could best be described as eclectic cozy vintage romantic done with a modern twist. I love vintage woodland creatures such as deer, chipmunks, birds and gnomes. I also really love images of nature such as trees and flowers, done in alternative ways, such as silhouettes or stylized.  You can check out my wists, blog and etsy wishlist for more about the kinds of stuff Im into.
As for crafts I do, I embroider and sew as well as do some jewelry making. I also dabble in scrapbooking and decoupage.

My wishlist:

Large items:
A stylized portrait of my family or my dog or both
A resin kit (This is something Ive wanted to try)
Gym Bag
Diaper bag

Medium items:

Library book bag
Lunch bag for my husband
A shower caddy for the gym that can hang on a hook
Embellished T-shirt/onesie/clothing for my son
Sewing/Embroidery themed T shirt for me (Small mens, M/L womens)
A pair of cozy slippers I can wear in my craft room (size 8.5) Its in my garage and its always cold

Small items:
Necklace
Hair bands with flowers or embellishments
Postcards or Blank Cards (I send lots of snail mail)
Stationary set
Interesting miniature items (Barbie shoes, charms, buttons shaped like things, I use them for I Spy bags I make for children in my life)
Fabric Scarf (Silkscreened or made of interesting fabric)
Fat Quarters
Interesting vintage fabric

Be blessed!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009 10:38:39 AM by arimethia - Reason: Added Cozy Craft Slippers to my wants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2009 11:52:07 AM »

I am a single mom in my late 30's (though I refuse to grow up) with three elementary-aged children at home (and two older teens currently with my ex).  I live in central Indiana in the Midwestern US.  I have two chihuahuas named Maggie and Max.  I do embroidery, rug-braiding, craft-sewing (still getting the hand of the clothing thing), knitting (novice), whatever I can get my hands on - I love to learn new things!  I love bohemian style, and lots of others.  Check out my profile for a more detailed list Smiley

My wishlist:

My two favorite places are large bodies of water and being in the woods.  I have two Begoth dolls, Annabelle Lee (so romantic) and Back-To-School Storm (my mini-me Grin)
Check my Wists and my profile for ideas  Wink  Im obsessed with Mermaids, the ocean and all things Ireland.  I also love the monster or germ type crafts people have done, they're a riot!

Crafts I would love to learn:
   Resin
   Amigurumi (for dummies no, really, Im teaching myself to crochet, and I suck)
   Art books, the reconstructed ones especially those gorgeous board books
   Polymer clay minis I love the little Kawaii thingies, especially the sushi ones and the ones that look like TP/poop!
   Tatting
   Knitting in the round (I dont have circular needles yet)
   Weaving
   Stuffies

Large items:
   Craft caddy or tote for WIPS/organizing (I need major help in the organizational department!)
   Mermaid poppet (please!!  I would love you forever! Cheesy Grin) Blonde or ocean-colored hair
   Poppet-making supplies (I havent attempted one yet.  I know, I know.  I am SO behind the times.)
   Anything mermaid or pin-up-ish

Medium items:
   Knitting/crochet rolls
   WIP caddy for the arm of my chair
   Pretty, lacy, black crochet wristwarmers or fingerless gloves.  Thin/delicate/lacy, not a fan of chunky knits.  Something soft and unscratchy that could be worn year-round or in more than just the coldest seasons.
   Mermaid print fabric (NOT the Disney version)
   Crocheted or stretchy mesh shopping bags

Small items:
   Charms
   Handmade paper
   Funky trims & notions in any of my favorite styles (mermaid, fairies, pin-ups, ocean, forest-y type stuff)
   Vintage ephemera
   Eyelash yarns

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009 12:15:28 PM by chanemza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2009 10:48:41 AM »

I'm Teresa from Georgia.  I have three grown children and have been married to their dad for a million years.  I am the ultimate crazy cat lady and also have a pet cow, three pygmy goats and a scorpion. 

My wist is full of things that are for other people because I love giving hand-crafted gifts even if I didn't do the crafting.  If you choose something from my wist, please read the tag in case a size or color preference is noted.  I would be happy with anything off my wist, but here's my wish list too:

large items:  mukluks (that's spelled wrong I'm sure) in womans size 5.  (prefer blues)

medium to large weekend bag or purse (any style or color except pink)

bath robe in women's small (Appliqued in something fun would be nice)

anything from movies Totoro or Labryinth

cat tent ( no particular one, any would be awesome!)

medium items:  set of goats milk soaps (love honey, oatmeal, almond, shea... hate lavender)
                         arigumi monkey or koala
                         knitted or crocheted slippers (women's size 6)
                         large tote or re-usable shopping bags
                         fabrics 1/2 yard or more
                         wallet  (the long kind)
                         sock monkey
                         pirate pendant (the one on my wist)
                         anything from movies Totoro or Labryinth

small items:      change purse
                         dangly earrings that aren't super long
                         scrapbook supplies
                         ephemera  (hmmm.... not sure I spelled that one right either)
                         pincushion
                         fat quarters
                         cat nip toys

I would enjoy any old craft/sewing books or magazines.  If I put something in the wrong catagory as far as which size it qualifies for, just consider it however you think it should be rated.  Remember; you are perfectly safe skipping my wish list and going straight to my wist.  I want everything on there badly Smiley

I have no allergies but hate the smell of smoke.  I like all colors but my favorites are earthtones.  I'm not crazy about neons.  I like all patterns in fabric except plaid.

Thanks!!!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009 10:50:46 AM by gamemom42 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2009 10:56:54 AM »

ABOUT ME
I'm an ABD grad student in art history, 32, living in North Carolina.  I knit, sew, and am new to embroidery.  My aesthetic is very minimal--I try to surround myself with simple, beautiful, natural things.  William Morris said it best:  Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.  I love natural colors and materials, especially organic and sustainable, and I especially love various shades of grey, blue, green, and brown (and lovely clear red).    Thanks for crafting for me! 

LARGE
large fabric bucket like this one: http://jansdotter.com/shop/item.php?serial=3036 or any of the burlap buckets at mayamade:    http://www.etsy.com/shop_sold.php?user_id=5806647

handspun or hand-dyed yarn

hand-thrown green, brown, blue or purple ceramic bowls

hand-woven, -painted, -dyed, -printed, or -stenciled  textiles of any kind

lunch bag of felt play food appropriate for a four-year-old girl

MEDIUM
fabric shower cap
http://sites.google.com/site/hoppobumpo/Home/shower-cap-tutorial

tea towels -- embroidered, embellished, or stenciled

outer space stuffies -- these little robot / space guys http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/store/

jewelry made of recycled china, fused glass, or stained glass

shawl closure / shawl pin to wear with my handknit sweaters

modern laminated-fabric placemats
http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/2009/03/the-daily-placemats.html

seek sack for a four-year-old girl

embroidered / stenciled set of fabric blocks for a two-year-old girl

SMALL

felted rocks
http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/02/diy-wednesday-felted-rocks.html

reusable sandwich wraps and snack bags
http://www.craftstylish.com/item/43227/how-to-make-a-reusable-sandwich-wrap

lavender sachets Im making socks for everyone on my Xmas list this year, and Id like to include a lavender sachet with each package.  Neutral colors and modern/ elegant fabrics would be best (think upholstery fabric or IKEA-type designs)

drawstring bags to use for wrapping the socks above.  Big enough to fit a pair of socks.  Neutral colors and modern/ elegant fabrics would be best (think upholstery fabric or IKEA-type designs).  Simple muslin or osanburg cloth with botanical type stencils or stamps would be perfect!

soft embroidered handkerchiefs

dish scrubbies made from recycled plastic bags

wool yarn scraps --  Im collecting scraps of wool (or other animal fiber) for a scrappy knitting project.  Send me the odds and ends of your projects--handspun scraps work too!  Animal fibers only, and at least 1 yard per scrap, please!   

OR anything you like to craft that you think fits my taste based on my wishes or wists
http://www.wists.com/oneredboot

THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009 10:57:27 AM by oneredboot » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2009 03:19:28 PM »

Hello,  I'm Sandra from Liverpool in England.  I live with my daughter, our dog and cat and 3 rabbits.

I love simple, hand crafted things, with their inspiration taken from nature where possible, if not form then colour.  I love muted colours and monochrome or tones of the same colour and although I love colour I don't like them all together as I feel you can't appreciate them fully. 

My favourite colours are green, blue, purple, silver - I dislike pink.
I have no allergies, but do not smoke and am vegetarian.

I love to recycle and re-use as much as I can.  I am currently collecting thrift shop clothing for a quilt.  If you crafted something recycled for me I would truly love it.

I love seeing what others can craft, and how skillful and resourceful they are.
After a period of ill health I am now able to spend more time crafting, and enjoying doing so when in the past I never had the time, so anything to help me keep organised would be really appreciated.

Thanks for looking at my list

If you should choose to craft for me any of the items below would be fantastic:

LARGE
Bag to organise my crochet items/projects.
 'small' afghan (put small here in the large section, as afghans can be huge and it needn't be).
Patchwork/quilted lightweight summer throw (to use in the garden on chilly evenings)

MEDIUM: Quilted/patchwork item, eg makeup bag/pencil case, drawstring bag or similar.
SMALL: bookmarks, cat toys, needle book/organiser, pin cushions

Thank you
Sandra
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2009 06:46:59 AM »

Hi everyone. Today is the due date for sendouts in this swap, so if you are getting this message, I'm sorry, but you did not get picked for this round. There's a chance we may re-do a swap such as this in the future, though. I'm moving this swap to the "Active Swaps where signups have closed" board.

Thanks for participating, and thanks for being a Friend of Crafster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The 10 Second Rule Makes Following Jesus Easy
Take Me Out to the Yarku by Aaron Meshon
The Comfort of Lies by Randy Susan Meyers
Conrad Doucette on What a Copywriter Enjoys About His Work
Denise Kiernan on The Girls of Atomic City
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...