A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: April 2009 Birthday Swap  (Read 3917 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chanemza
Your temper brings dishonor to my happy mushu palace.

Chick of The Sea

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009 08:19:02 AM »

I claim Zombiekilla for the swiffer wet cloths and a wisty surprise  Wink

I am a single working mom and will be 38 on the 18th.  We live in Central Indiana in the Midwestern United States in a small city, but I love to be out in the country and in nature.  I don't have a ton of time to craft, but I enjoy it when I do get the chance and love to learn new crafts of any kind.  I am addicted to craft supplies and also have a strange attraction to office supplies, especially vintage.

Styles I love are Asian, Boho, hippie, Adrey-type French or French Provencal, retro and goth.  My dream kitchen is a cross between French Provencal and 1940's with turn-of-the-century reproduction appliances - there is an AWESOME store online *dreamy sigh*

I also have a strange and sometimes sick sense of humor, and love wackiness and fun    Grin

Crafted Items:

A large tote/purse with lots and lots of pockets, something that will organize my massive chaos, but with an open top.  Check out my wists for color/pattern preferences, but I'd love something in a combination of retro/asian/bohemian but still sort of not too wildly colored... is there such a thing?? 

A pretty retro-style apron (the kind that covers your whole front) with pockets.

Yoga or Sushi or Irish or Asian stuff  Smiley

Pretty natural-stone jewelry, like what TheSapphireMoon does!

Anything mermaids, fairies or Celtic

A hippie-style sundress like these, (but without the bottom ruffle on the red one, but a big style problem I have is that I am sorta busty (34 C+ but not quite a D) and I have to get larger tops than my actual size so I don't pop out.  Roll Eyes ) and to about mid-calf or ankle and in nice, soft neutral tones and/or faded out blues and muted prints (nothing big or bright, think faded-out hippie and especially Boho):

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/wht_sundress.jpg

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/red_sundress.jpg

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/brn_sundress.jpg

Knitting/Crochet needle rolls and an organizer/tote for WIPs

Supplies:

A beginner/for complete idiots set for spinning.  I have no wheel or drop spindle, though.  Or anything else you'd need, for that matter.

FABRIC!!!  I love fabric in interesting prints!  Check out my wists - I love gothic, retro, pin-up, bohemian/hippie, asian, hindi, whatever  Grin

Poppet-making supplies (I havent attempted one yet.  I know, I know.  I am SO behind the times.)

Any crafty-type supplies, especially notion type things.

Vintage photos and/or ephemera

Extras:

Chocolate (My favorite is very dark)   Smiley Smiley

Cookbooks from around the world, or with interesting recipes (but nothing with like possum or anything groos like that, lol)  I love just about any ethnicity's food  Smiley

Check out my wists (it's in my signature) and my profile for more ideas  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009 11:32:50 AM »

Hi! I'm going to turn 28 on the 30th. I am a SAHM for my 1 1/2 year old son. I live in the mountains of NE Pennsylvania. I would say my style bounces between nerdy and hippie LOL. I do enjoy gothic styles, and a bit of punk thrown in for fun. I guess I don't really fit into a single catagory, I have a lot of interests. I am pagan, and love anything nature themed, or having to do with the elements. I love earth tones, and purple and black together. I don't like gold, I love silver. I love jewelry, save earrings, because I have gauged ears. I love 80's movies and cartoons, like Labyrinth, Legend, Fraggles, The Last Unicorn, The Dark Crystal. I love vintage nintendo, exp Mario and Kid Icarus. I love anime, my favorites being Princess Mononoke, Naussica of the Valley of the wind, Totoro, Sailor Moon, Bleach, and Inuyasha. I also love Dr. Who (#10 is my favorite) I abhore paisley and pastels, exp pink LOL Smiley

Onto the crafty goodness!!
Any reuseable shopping bags that fold up into their pockets
I love homemade socks
Yoga type pants (I'm a size 18, if you need measurements let me know Smiley )
I would love a hippie style patchwork kind of dress. (There are examples on my wist and one in my fav projects)
Anything from my wist would be welcome
Any sort of tree oriented home decor (pillows, blankets, wall art, again there's a lot on my wists)
I would love a poppet (elvish or mystical in nature)
T-shirt with vintage gaming theme
Anything dragon or celtic knot type theme
A tyedye or batik type long skirt (just simple comfy drawstring)
I am planning on cutting my hair soon, and would love hair barrettes and thick cloth type head bands in cool colors/patterns (I love the pinup flowers for behind the ear)
Bracelets (I would love earthy tones or some with leather work)
felt food
A roll for my paintbrushes
An I-spy bag

Supplies:
Beads
Buttons
Emphamera
watch parts
Jar of Whimsies ( I LOVE LOVE LOVE surprises hehe) Thanks SO much chanemza! Smiley

As for extras... I'm not picky, and who can go wrong with tea and chocolate!! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009 04:16:30 PM by LunaKitten » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
ellenmarie
I should save that, I might need it soon!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009 01:40:50 PM »

Happy Birthday everyone! My name is Ellen and I will be 36 on the 24th. I live in south Alabama next door to my sister Illusionsofnormal with my husband and our 6 kids (Brady bunch style! he brought 3 and I brought 3, between 7 and 16!) I love the inspiration I get from so many of you and all of the others here in our craftster-universe! I guess its on to the lists!

I love earth tones, green in all of its shades is my favorite color followed by brown!
I love dragonflies and treefrogs.
I love to read and am slowly getting back into my passion for writing which both feed my love of anything paper! I love all kinds of papercrafting!
I love beadwork, painting and am discovering the love of crochet!
I love vintage craft books and supplies!

I would love some reusable shopping bags, I hate bringing home a ton of plastic bags when I have to get groceries.
A fabric wallet would be great!
Any type of papercraft would be fantastic! Whatever you do best is what I will love! ATC's, inchies, handmade paper, origami, collage
An apron would be great! Any type will help feed my growing obsession with them!
Celtic knots are amazing! I would love to learn how to do them or just have any type of them!
Paper cutting is awe inspiring to me! like this
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=294826.msg3354288#msg3354288

Silouettes are beautiful! like these http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=288594.msg3274385#msg3274385
I really like altered altoid tins!

I can't think of anything else right now, I do have a wist and I have a few favorites saved on my profile and feel free to ask! Anything you make and have a blast doing.. I will love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009 12:28:30 PM »

I claim ellenmarie for an apron and some green fabric.

Scotskipper
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
All Natural Beauty Tips Using Items Found In Your Kitchen
Plus-Size Model Stuns In Robyn Lawley Swimwear
Best Acne Treatment Products
The Newest Urban Decay Naked Palette Review
5 Glamorous Holiday Makeup Looks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...