A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,133
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Standing on the Rooftops, Everybody Scream Your HEART OUT!! lostprophets  (Read 9716 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009 10:27:49 AM »

Wow. Simply wow. Thank you so much. I count this as a blessing in my life today. It's my struggle, put into words. Your story, your art, and your song mean so much to me. I know I'm gushing, but I am sincere. I needed to hear this, and I am ready now. I've been finding excuses (some valid, most not) for putting this off for far too long. My motives have been good and also selfish. But it's time. I am meant for more, and this weight is only holding me back- physically, emotionally, and spiritually. So here I go. Thank you. I'm crying now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Gemcraft
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009 11:39:11 AM »

Great story, great painting, I love how you even made the canvas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009 11:56:57 AM »

Gorgeous painting!  I have the same struggle.  I am so happy for you that you are winning!  I have been about 60lbs overweight since the birth of my middle child.  Last year I lost 30lbs, but I slid and have gained all but 10lbs back.  I am miserable, but cant seem to get a grip.  I know I need to for my health.  Anyway, congrats on your weightloss and a beautiful painting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2009 01:37:28 PM »

Oh man.  I'm heartbroken to hear so many people echo my sentiments.  I'd never wish this on anyone.  (well, maybe that one guy...ok, seriously, just kidding:)  All I can tell those of you who are dealing with this same thing is this.  I wish you every good thing in life and I hope you find that thing in yourself that makes you angry enough, distraught enough, hopeful enough to finally snap and say F*CK THIS!!! and do whatever it is that takes you to a better place in your life.  It took a lot for me to do it, despite the utter despair I felt every day.  I wish all of you the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
MonicaElaine

Sweet Tea and Sour Pickles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009 02:05:28 PM »

I agree with everything everyone else has said - this is awesome - and good luck on your journey.  I struggle all of the time, but I believe in Thoughts Become Things.  The tattoo idea is awesome - I have several that serve as reminders of important things.  I so hope you win, you deserve it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Sweet Tea Sour Pickles Etsy shop, now up and running!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sweetteasourpickles
Terracruz
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009 08:36:38 PM »

This is freakin' fabulous!!!!
Count me in as another, "I'm in the same place", mom. Mine's been 8 years. I struggle everyday. However, I'm put aside my pride and take the photos, wear the swim suit and live life to the fullest. I HAVE to. I want to live. Even if I'm fat.
You did an amazing job - creating & painting & pouring your heart out.
Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terra
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009 03:39:06 PM »

It looks great, and your backstory is really moving. Congratulations on your determination! I'm cheering you on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Basic Flowers
How to Draw Basic Feet
How to Draw Basic Eyes
How to Draw Animals
How to Draw a Star
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...