A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halter+purple jewel tone+ gold belt=pretty evening dress  (Read 5290 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , halter , party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

drinkdrankdrunk
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009 09:35:36 PM »

I love love LOVE that purple is popular right now! AND it looks good on all skin tones, like the milky-white you and I have in common! Great job on the dress, as a fellow 21 year old, this is the best time to rock a neck-line like the one you've created. YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenniferofthejungle
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009 11:47:06 PM »

Darn! I missed the boob talk.  Wink 

In all seriousness I saw the thumbnail and thought "Foxy!" That's all that came to mind. I think it looks great. It would also look amazing in black. Is this the only color you'll make? I think it's great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009 02:02:30 AM »

How is it finished around the neckline? Just curious, I am not much of a seamstress!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 6/2

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
chocolatebutton
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009 03:31:35 AM »

i love it, i love the pointy hem line in particular. they always remind me of fairies for some reason.

anyway.. YAY FOR BOOBS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mishimon

Jewellery Obsessed!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009 04:59:41 AM »

[/quote]

Theres constructive critizim and then theres being rude(i doubt you were trying to me but..), I wouldent Make and Wear a dress I'm uncomfortable in, I'm Ok with cleavage, and I'm ok with not wearing a bra (not to mention if i really wanted to i could wear a strapless..i made it that way) I'm 21 wearing no bra for a night wont kill me

[/quote]

as a fellow well-endowed 21yo, i say rock it sister! if you've got it, flaunt it after all. you've got to enjoy it while we're young and be proud of your body and creativity! i think you did a great job for your first big sewing project, i also recently made a dress in purple with a gold pattern detail, strapless and chiffon. i know if it were me, i probably wouldn't have even got an even neckline on my first try! i love the trim on the hem, it adds a nice touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009 05:52:05 AM »

In all seriousness I saw the thumbnail and thought "Foxy!" That's all that came to mind. I think it looks great. 

Likewise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
lustinthemovies
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009 06:51:14 AM »

hawt hawt hawt, love the colour combination, and the gold trim on the hem is lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Lustinthemovies

http://lustinthemovies1989.blogspot.com/

Will exchange pixie skirt/ record bag/ handmade earrings/ other sewn paraphanalia/ true love/ my soul for knitty's 'cleaves' Smiley
b_stroke
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009 07:16:47 AM »

First Thanks to everyone Sticking up for me, I do really appreciate it

How is it finished around the neckline? Just curious, I am not much of a seamstress!  Smiley

i attached the 2 separate chest pieces with a small piece of fabric. that way the inside neck would fall straight and not crooked. Then I just sewed the outside to the waist band(Scept i made mine far to large, so i had to tuck pull down that part). Is that what you mean hun? if not just send me a message
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Other Dress Is A Toga
SamJ
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009 09:57:51 AM »

I have to be honest I was a little taken back by the neckline a little to low FOR ME.....but I'm in the frame of mind that says ..... who the hell am I to tell you how to dress..... Grin  and there is way to many people in this world who wouldnt have the confidence to wear this (and can do nothing but say things out of spite and JEALOUSY)
Take no notice of what people say (or what comments are written) its your life, your style and your confidence.

anyway.... onto the actual dress  Grin
I like it, the colour and style. 

xxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knitsamknit.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/SamJ

where do i get freezer paper from??? im in the UK so does it have another name??? please help me!!!!
cherry1123
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009 10:34:09 AM »

hey guys, lets talk about dresses and how to make them, not the poster's fabulous rack! Thanks Smiley

Totally unrelated, but when I saw this, I immediately thought "cats 'n' racks" ala Cute Overload.
Love the color, and I too would like to see finished dress pics - any chance you could slip a kitten into the next one  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find NYC Sample Sales
How to Pick a Statement Piece
How to Mix Trendy Pieces With Classics
How to Pick the Right Jewelry for Your Outfit
How to Add Style to Spring Outfits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...