A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dishalicious Dishcloth/Washcloth Swap Rd. 8 Gallery  (Read 4453 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shablina
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009 06:42:06 PM »

I received from plays with needles early on and was having internet issues but today the issues are fixed and here are my GREAT cloths!!!

and I tried to get a better shot of this one but camera not playing nice

I love the bright green color but these little bobbles? i think they are called are great too Love them all thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009 08:59:09 PM »

You are welcome - I'm so glad you like them - YAY! That was my first bobble cloth, and now that I've done one, I'd like to make one for myself - I'm interested to see how it looks after it's been washed and dried!

On a related note, I checked the usps website and my cloths from you were delivered to my post office box today - woohoo! However, I've been too sick to go to work (my post office is on the campus I work for/on/at). So I may not be able to get them until Monday  Undecided

Here's hoping to a miraculous overnight recovery....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
love2teach
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009 11:51:10 AM »

My splendid washcloths arrived yesterday.  They match my kitchen perfectly.  Thank you so much tinkrbella2005.  They are fantastic.

A group shot:

Individual shots:

Thank you again tinkrbella2005.  love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
fochaux
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009 08:27:54 PM »

I received these cloths from Threadoryarn the other day.  Sorry it took so long to post pics, but I was having 'camera difficulties'

They're gorgeous and i love them all!  They'll be put to good use that's for sure Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
myklia
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009 01:24:50 AM »

I LOVE the two tone one you got fochaux.  I really love them all, and if possible, would love links to the patterns, or tell me where the patterns came from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KeTing
Sleep is overrated

Will sew for food!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009 04:33:05 AM »

I probably don't belong in this thread, hope it's ok if I post.

I just saw the picture on the "recent with pictures"-list and because I LOVE the colors (grey and honey) I took a closer look and saw through the whole thread.
Mh, I am both German (which refers to cultural "unawareness" (?) as well as language problems) AND known to ask dumb questions, so let me please ask some, will ya? Wink
Washcloth means that you actually scrub your dishes with those?
If so, I am wondering, how long can you use them? Can you wash them very hot in the machine? What are they made of, is it cotton? Are they effective? Do you use up leftover wool or do you actually go so far and buy new skeins just for those?

Sorry, I am just too curious.   Cool

(I've got lots of leftover wool lying around which I'd love to put to good purpose...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for Germlish!
myklia
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009 05:18:56 AM »

I probably don't belong in this thread, hope it's ok if I post.

I just saw the picture on the "recent with pictures"-list and because I LOVE the colors (grey and honey) I took a closer look and saw through the whole thread.
Mh, I am both German (which refers to cultural "unawareness" (?) as well as language problems) AND known to ask dumb questions, so let me please ask some, will ya? Wink
Washcloth means that you actually scrub your dishes with those?
If so, I am wondering, how long can you use them? Can you wash them very hot in the machine? What are they made of, is it cotton? Are they effective? Do you use up leftover wool or do you actually go so far and buy new skeins just for those?

Sorry, I am just too curious.   Cool

(I've got lots of leftover wool lying around which I'd love to put to good purpose...)

Everyone belongs here. Cheesy  The dishcloths are made out of cotton yarn, usually Sugar N Cream and Peaches & Creme, but you can use any 100% cotton yarn.  It is machine washable and very durable.  The color will eventually fade.  You can use these to wash dishes or wash yourself.  I usually start from a new skein, but I have enough leftovers that I could probably combine them to make a few really funky cloths.

I hope this answers your questions and welcome to our thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KeTing
Sleep is overrated

Will sew for food!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2009 06:25:54 AM »

Oh thank you for answering! I'm going to try this!
(I've got some really ugly neon-orange cotton from waaay back in the 80s, my mum sent it to me so I could make something with it. But what can you make from neon orange cotton? *lol* I think I'll use it for that, dishcloths don't necessarily have to be pretty! Wink (although yours are!) )

« Last Edit: March 21, 2009 06:26:15 AM by KeTing » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for Germlish!
whatthepuck
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2009 07:49:17 AM »

The wool would probably felt. I've never tried using it for washing so maybe someone else can answer that question. I have some very ugly, but durable dishcloths that I've made using leftover yarns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Aug ATC 5/5/2
Bookmark

Anyone interested in a Hockey Swap.
myklia
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2009 08:51:08 AM »

That is my understanding too, the wool will felt.

ps. I love neon orange and I would probably think whatever you made with it is awesome. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Dino
How to Paint With an Air Compressor
How to Draw Decorative Letters
How to Draw Anime Girls
How to Draw a Caricature
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...