A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,099
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap March 09  (Read 10756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 03, 2009 11:06:47 AM »

After a long holiday break we are back! PLEASE everyone make sure to post in the discussion thread!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290379.0

If something is not clear, also feel free to ask there or PM me, Eliea!

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Eliea
Co-organizer: none if we need one We'll get one. Smiley
Sign-up date range: the full month of February
Date to send item by: within 2 weeks of being claimed
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 13+

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

Details of swap:
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
    or  b) want to de-stash supplies or
    or  c) enjoy making things for other people
...then this swap is for you! It's a lot like the Ongoing Wish Swap, except instead of posting what you want to receive, you'll post what you want to give.  To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.

This is an ongoing swap, feel free to join up at any time this month! To join, first send a Personal Message to organizer Eliea with the following questionnaire info. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something(ie one item) from the most recent list posted, and then post your own list.

...and that's it, basically  Cheesy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:Ongoing Offer What You Have Swap - March 09
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (you must be to join):
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (and please mention how old you are if under 18) (yes/no):
Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have ready-made or details of supplies you wish to offer), detailed description not necessary:
Have you read the swap info (in this post) carefully and commit to follow the rules of the swap?:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.  http://craftster.org/swapsinfo.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted, and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month, if Craftsters decide to organize a new round at that time.

At the top of your claim post, state how many claims you have made this month, and how many of those are outstanding (i.e. the recipient has not yet received the item).

Claims Allowed (Outstanding):3
Claims made so far: 4
Sendouts Not Sent:1
Sendouts Sent:2
Sendouts in Transit:1
Sendouts Received:1

Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round:
Friend of Craftster: Three (become a Friend of Craftster!)
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received then you may claim again.

Your list of offerings: if your list stays up for more than 48 hours before someone claims from it, you must add something to it. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in two weeks, unless your partner agrees otherwise.

Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail.  Please contact the organizer by personal message when you send the package and when you receive a package so everyone gets credit.

ALSO: Please make sure to post to the discussion thread so you stay up on any updates!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country.

Check out the previous rounds if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $5-$15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.

Photos and the Gallery: Whenever possible, include pictures of the items you're offering in your posts. When you receive, it is important for you to thank your partner, be courteous and communicative, but a lot of the items are premade or stash, so posting pictures in the Gallery isn't crucial. The exception to this is when something is custom-made for you in this swap. And if you make something with supplies you receive in this swap, we want to see it!

Delivery Confirmation numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts.

This round of the swap will close around midnight, on the official Craftster clock, March 31st. Feedback will be given on March 1st for all participants who have no pending claims. Everyone whose packages haven't been received will get feedback once the package reaches its destination.

Reminders/Summary:
1. Make sure to PM me and who you sent to when you send out, with DC number if you are both in US.
2. Make sure to PM me and who you receive from when you receive.
3. As soon as you claim something from someone, shoot them a PM with your address so that they have it and don't have to chase you down later.
4. Lets keep this swap moving, Please try to stay on top of adding new things/combining items into one claim if your list stays up more than a couple days, or the organizer will hunt you down and remind you.
5. Post pics in the gallery if someone makes you something custom or you make something from supplies you receive.
6. Lets try to keep this thread for lists as much as possible to save on confusion. If your list is up, you may post a "bump" after you have added something new/combined your items, but otherwise please try to post all questions/comments/requests/whatever into our discussion thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009 11:14:57 AM »

Approved Swappers:
Feedback left
Feedback removed since no claims were made:
AbbyRose
katara
bookworm7155

Please note:
I will update your feedback at the end of the month as your packages arrive! Please let me know when they arrive at their destination!

3 claims: (Friends of Craftster Thank you!)

Eliea
sophieangele
atsuko
gavagai
FlashleyAshley
dip_n_dot
RubyTuesday

2 claims:
wx2dzug
bunnyrabbit

1 claim: First time swapper! WELCOME!
sorbetsurprise
PureOath
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009 08:09:44 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009 11:15:12 AM »

Send by:
blue= sent
green=received
red=contact immediately
yellow= sending late with communication
orange= contact organizer

By March 18th:
Atsuko to gavagai-onyx bracelet and birdhouse pendant

By March 23rd:
gavagai to FlashleyAshley- crochet necklace with bobbles, 8 stamp booklets, free FQ with the blue background/orange flowery things too.

FlashleyAshley to wx2dzug-saints fabric, and state quarters book

By March 23rh:
wx2dzug to sorbetsurprise-Eraser Clay

By March 30th:
sorbetsurprise to wx2dzug- 2 ring pin cushions and a birthday card

By April 4th
wx2dzug to bunnyrabbit- sock monkey kit
bunnyrabbit to gavagai- flat-backed glass bead kit and chocolate frog mold
gavagai to dip_n_dot- skull and skeleton tote and the blue leaf fabric

By April 5th
dip_n_dot to gavagai-lot 3

By April 6th:
gavagai to sophieangele- Retro flower fabric, nest brooch, and the free extra fabric "abstract tree".
sophieangele to PureOath- item # 6

By April 8th
PureOath to Ruby Tuesday-#3 please -Beading book and beads

by April 9th
Ruby Tuesday to wx2dzug- #8 grass heart brooch and #17 Crocheted necklace

By April 10th:
wx2dzug to sophieangele- chai matte tea thingy

By April 11th:
sophieangele to bunnyrabbit- scarf with embroidery
bunnyrabbit to dip_n_dot- melt and pour soap kit and decorated compact mirror

By April 12th:
dip_n_dot to gavagai-lot 1
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009 08:09:01 AM by Eliea » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009 11:15:24 AM »

Saved Just in case
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Modern Peeps Family by Lana

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009 11:23:36 AM »

Hi!! Here's my list from the last round.  Enjoy! *updated with patterns*

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Claims made so far: 0
Sendouts Not Sent: 0
Sendouts Sent: 0
Sendouts in Transit: 0
Sendouts Received: 0

Mix and match to get a full point!

0.5 points each:
size 10

size 12

Onyx bracelet

Birdhouse bird pendant

Green flower earrings

1 postcard notepad - 50 pages Approx 4" x6". Choose from Pokemon 1 or 2, Digimon, Alice, Ephemera, or Beach boys.

Vintage Postcards from GoCards NYC campaign - 10 cards.  Lots of different things here: movies, altoids, cereals, nike, army, LOTR, etc. 
Here is a tiny sample...I have over 400 unique ones.
-------

1 point:

Cherry earrings -OR- cherry necklace

Skull earrings

LasVegas Macadamia notebook  50 pages.  Approx 6" x 10".

Banana notebook 50 pages.  Approx 4" x11". 

Bandaids notepads -Set of 3 little notepads.  Smallest is 3" x 3".

Bird cards set of  8 your choice approx. 3.5" x 5" stamped in black ink. 

Lemony Snicket misFortune telling cards Comes in velvet pouch.

Vintage Postcards from GoCards NYC campaign - 20 cards.  Lots of different things here: movies, altoids, cereals, nike, army, LOTR, etc. 
Here is a tiny sample...I have over 400 unique ones.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009 07:19:55 AM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
gavagai
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009 02:47:20 PM »

Thank you for approving me. I claim onyx bracelet and birdhouse pendant please.  Smiley

MY LIST

The bags I make are of different sizes. I always write approximate size next to the descriptions (measured laying flat). Make sure to read! Smiley

Pick 1!

Patchwork skulls and skeleton (and some other stuff  Cheesy) tote. Could be carried over your shoulder. A striking mix of bold fabrics, about 11"x12".

The lacybag. Shoulderbag. Not a very sturdy kind of bag (as you can see from photo), but good looking.  Grin I like how this one turned out. It's patchwork and added vintage lace. The lining has a subtle flower pattern. Measures about 15"x13".

...or pick 2!

Cross stitch kits to make angels with ribbons and all sort of stuff. 1/2 claim per kit!

Traditional Swedish glass troll, about 2" tall, heavy and could be used as a paper weight. It has an inscription on the back, apparently some kind of SAAB commercial message, but that is only visible from the back (image 3). Really difficult to get a good picture of this one.

Retro looking cotton fabric with big flowers, bursting with colour. You get about 60" x 18" for half a claim.

Crocheted necklace with bobbles! Red wine and champagne!  Smiley Can be worn in several different ways.

A lovely nest brooch that I won in a scavenger hunt swap once. Unfortunately I don't wear brooches, so I would love for someone else to get it.

A mouse pad!  Cheesy Just a plain simple red mouse pad. I bought these some time ago and meant to do something crafty with them (some kind of frames or something), but never really got around to it. A few of them available if you want to claim two.

Stretchable book covers! Claimed these in some swap, but haven't used since, so they will have to go (have to get rid of stuff!). Never opened. 1/2 claim each.

Below are stamp booklet covers, i.e. the stamps are taken out, but some of the covers are really nice, I think. Maybe someone could use them for some kind of paper art. Size approximately 2 1/2" x 6" (when unfolded like below). Pick 8 for 1/2 claim or all of them for 1 claim.

Free with claim!

Pick one of these fabric scraps free with any claim! They are all IKEA fabrics and they are about 1-2 FQs in size, but the shapes are irregular (not like FQs)...

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009 03:09:25 PM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009 10:32:44 PM »

I claim gavagai for the crochet necklace with bobbles and 8 stamp booklets (#5, 7, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18). I'll take the free FQ with the blue background/orange flowery things too.

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Claims made so far: 1
Sendouts Not Sent:0
Sendouts Sent:0
Sendouts in Transit:0
Sendouts Received:0

Pick One:

Matryoshka zipper pouch. It's 7" long, about 3 inches tall and 1.5 inches across the base. It's lightly interfaced and lined with coordinating dot fabric. It's more sturdy and cute in person than in the picture. It also comes with 2 matching pinback buttons.

6 crocheted sweater ornaments. I made these for a craft show and they just didn't sell. All are acrylic (except the green one, which is cotton) and all are unique. The red one on the end has bobbles across the chest, the green one has a button, and the aqua/red one is 2 strands of yarn so it's kind of bulky. All of them are on a handmade wire hanger. They're about 4" tall.

1.5 yards of pink/cream/glittery houndstooth. I'm not sure about the fiber content, but it's heavy and a little bit of a loose weave. I think it would be very cute for a jumper for a little girl. There are flecks of shimmery thread in the weave. The penny is for size reference.

1 yard (12 frames) of Saint fabric. It's cotton with shimmery accents. Frames are about 11" tall.

pick 2:

Bunny zipper pouch. It's about 4" tall, 1.5" wide and 7" long and fully lined and topstitched. It's also heavily interfaced. It could be good for an Easter present.

Project runway pattern for a tunic top, size 12-20. New.

15 Strathmore blank cards and envelopes. They're creamy colored with light pink on the deckled edges. The paper is pretty heavy and the package says it's good for watercolor and drawing.

Free with any claim: Just tell me in your PM if you want it.

A book about collecting US state quarters and other coins. It was published before all of the designs for the coins were finalized and is outdated in a lot of ways, but has information about each state.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
wx2dzug
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009 08:59:52 AM »

I'll claim the saints fabric, and I would also like the state quarters book (I'm finally almost finished collecting)

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 2

Here is my list:

PICK ONE:

Purse made of (...I don't know what this material is called, but hopefully you can tell by the picture)
It velcros at the top to stay closed, and it is brand new from Mexico, but I just need a much larger purse with long shoulder straps.

This is from Thailand, a really pretty beaded elephant bag (I think this could be used as a children's purse or a camera bag or a change purse...or whatever you want)  It zips closed at the top and has a long strap on it to easily fit over your shoulder.

Make your own sock monkey kit.  I will include socks, eyes, instructions, and clothes

Eraser clay

Most of the colors are unopened, and it comes with a rolling tool.

Sorry about the blurry picture.  A bracelet and a necklace.  Choose one as 1/2 a claim or both as 1 claim.

GRAB BAG!  Some assorted beads (more than the ones pictured), buttons (pins), trinkets, maybe some pieces of fabric, lots of fun things!

PICK TWO:

Tupperware of ponybeads.  Includes some glow in the dark and sparkle ones.

Size XXS shirt with beautiful beaded neckline.  I think this could be used to make something like a purse.

Hello Kitty fuzzy poster kit. Includes 2 posters

Size RR (14-20 United States, 40-46 Europe) Halloween costume pattern

Vintage knitting book.  Includes pictures and instructions for about 10 projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sorbetsurprise
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009 05:37:14 AM »

I claim the Eraser Clay, have always fancied playing around with that! 

Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 1

Claim One

Claim one form this list and one from the second list

Ice Lolly Plushies

A-Dazzle  B-Nibble  C-Munch

Ice lolly plushies made from felt, buttons and beads and stuffed with poly,  measures 17x9 cms.

Cupcake Plushies

A-Carmen  B-Cassandra

Cupcake plushies made from felt, buttons and beads and stuffed with poly, measures 9x9x5 cms, both have a slightly different design, prefer Carmen's shape but like Cassandra's face.

Felt Food
My next project is going to be to make some felt food, so if anyone would like a felt food playset I would be more than happy to make one for them as part of a claim.  You can pick the items or just ask for a surprise, whatever would be best for you, as I have a few ideas myself.

Claim Two

Claim Three

Ring Pincushions

Bottle cap pin cushion rings, they have a loop of elastic underneath to wear them on your finger while you sew, penny is for size.

Felt Brooches

Felt with brooch backs, I would we willing to make brooches on request, just let me know if there is anything you would like.  Added the ice cream brooch, just made this one and like it the best so far.

Princess Cards

Not sure if I am allowed to say the dreaded word in case of copyright but these are based on Disney princess outfits, decorated with beads and have envelopes.  Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, Aurora.

Birthday Cards

Various birthday cards, some inspired by Strictly Come Dancing outfits, which I think are amazing!  Again, I am happy to fill any requests for cards or particular outfits in this style.

Sparkle Headband

Is actually a bit brighter turquoise than the picture suggests, sparkle net tulle with elastic so that it will stretch to fit any head.

Red=Added items/text
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009 04:00:25 AM by sorbetsurprise - Reason: Added new items » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnyrabbit

will trade craft supplies for yarn!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009 01:40:11 PM »

yay! just sent in my info!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need to get rid of stuff!! i have soap kits, bath salt kits, lip balm kits, plain canvas tote bags, fabric paints, and other stuff i'm trying to clean out. It'd be cool to swap for yarn, but i'll give it away FREE! PM me if you're interested!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken Adobo - Part 3
Sauteed Salmon Salad Recipe
How to Cook Chicken Tikka Masala
Egg White and Shitake Omelet Recipe
Learn how to Make Seared Lobster Tails with Thai Chili Coleslaw
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...