A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New house, new storage kind-o-thing  (Read 3358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

santiaguina
crafty hands

loony face yeah!!!!

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2009 08:45:33 PM »

please forgive me for my English... not so nice... Grin and first post

So my family and I moved into a new apartment. It is almost a third smaller than our old house (a lot if you can say so).  Undecided
You can picture my room (and all things in it) reduced into a small space. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the "before", but I keep in my room all my crafty things plus my PC and well me... Tongue
My boyfriend and I build this "storage kind-o-thing" from scratch (planks of wood and screws purchased in the nearest store, not a flatpack)... as we are not carpenters... things get a little difficult and ended up shopping "square" (don't know the English name). Huh
We design it according to the measurements of the wall so it fits high and wide. The "storage kind-o-thing" is 2,2m high and 1,7m wide
Sorry I don't have pictures of the "making off" but my dearest boyfriend accidentally erased them... Tongue

here are some pics of the thing just built, when I have batteries on the camera, I will post one of what it looks like now Grin

EDITED POST

now I can post pics Grin

just finished

this is now.. I still need to get some more things in it

we also installed a little thing for the keyboard

the side of it, I glued the wi-fi thing and hang the frame were I keep my earrings
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009 02:53:38 PM by santiaguina - Reason: now I can post pics :D » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my granny taught me knit
santiaguina
crafty hands

loony face yeah!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009 08:49:02 PM »

"In order to prevent spam bots and spammers from posting inappropriate pictures, you must post 10 times in the forum before you are allowed to post a picture. In the mean time you are allowed to post links to pictures."

so... "no can do"

better luck next time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my granny taught me knit
Blue Rose
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009 11:22:45 AM »

you can upload the pictures to flickr or photobucket or so and share links here, or you can reply to ten posts on the forums (not too hard to do) and then you can share Cheesy

oh and: welcome!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
santiaguina
crafty hands

loony face yeah!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009 02:55:34 PM »

you can upload the pictures to flickr or photobucket or so and share links here, or you can reply to ten posts on the forums (not too hard to do) and then you can share Cheesy

oh and: welcome!! Grin

thank you so much! now I have pics on the post  Cool

saludos
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my granny taught me knit
Blue Rose
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009 01:54:03 AM »

Looks very nice! Did you attach it too the wall as well? You might consider that for safety reasons.. I think you would get crushed if the storage unit fell on top of you O_o

Looks like you had quite a bit of work with it, but it turned out great Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
santiaguina
crafty hands

loony face yeah!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009 05:33:20 PM »

I thought about attach it to the wall, but the apartment is rented and I don't like doing too much holes in the walls Tongue...
I put some "caps" (little round things of rub attached to the bottom of the piece of furniture) only on the front so the piece of furniture is slightly inclined toward the back... is this making any sense??? Huh

well hoping no earthquake (we get a lot of those here) move the floor...

thank you again

saludos
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my granny taught me knit
Blue Rose
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009 02:12:45 AM »

yeah it does make sense :-)
just hope it's enough.. however you would just need to attach it to the wall at two points or so for it to be enough. attach metal L-shapes (hardwarestore) to the two middle vertical posts at the heights of the shelf under the top level. Does this make sense ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
santiaguina
crafty hands

loony face yeah!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009 08:54:43 PM »

thank you, my boyfriend saw your previous post and told me that HE doesn't care the holes in the wall, he's going to attach it to the wall....  Cheesy jeje (or he he)
so thank you for telling me were to attach it, 'cause i really doesn't have any clue, and never thought about those two points

for sure you know about this stuff !!!!
you're great
thanks again!!!  Grin

saludos
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my granny taught me knit
fluttermuffin
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009 01:26:58 AM »

awesome job! something like this would be perfect in my daughters room.... thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chutzpaw
ravelry and etsy id: KellyRenee77

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009 08:10:18 AM »

You did a great job!  Especially putting the computer and keyboard tray in the middle.

I have something similar in one of my rooms (that I bought, not made, I don't think I could do that) and I wanted to share a suggestion.  You can get some baskets to put in some of the squares.  That way you can pull things off the shelves easily, and not worry about losing small things behind the shelves.  Here is a pic, although it's messy since I was really taking the picture of the cat trying to answer the phone! LOL!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/chutzpaw/LOLCATS/blank7.jpg

And I agree with the others, it would be a good idea to attach it to the wall just in case!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
How to Make Chocolate-Peanut-Butter Cereal Bars
5 Ways to Decorate a Cupcake Like a Pro
Classic White Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
How to Make Your Own Cookie Cups
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...