My duvet cover used to be white...I think. It was all yellowy and ripped up. I got some money for christmas, so I thought I'd splurge and buy some nice material for a new duvet cover.
I used the patchwork duvet pattern in Amy Butler's Stitches. It was my first attempt at anything patchwork-quasi-quilty.
If you're thinking of using this pattern, beware! The material measurements are all weird in it. It calls for around 20 yards of fabric, and something like 13 different kinds. I ended up with way too much of some stuff, and not nearly as much as others. For the most part the instructions are pretty good, but the last few steps call for a lot of extra work that isn't needed. And she puts the opening/buttons at the top, which is just plain weird.
Oh, and the picture in the book is horrible, really blurry. So you don't get a good idea of what it will look like when finished.
Anyway, here are some picks of the looooong process.
First step, the foundation in pieces.
You can't really tell, but the material that looks white is really green and brown pin stripes.
And all together. I nearly stopped at this step as it doesn't look too bad. But I'd already bought the rest of the material:
Making these ovals took forever. They all have sew-in interfacing on the back.
At this stage I thought they looked really stupid, but my sister convinced me to keep going, and they do look much better when actually sewn on.
I've never sewn something so big before!
Done at last!
Close up of the ovals:
Thanks for looking! Feeback/ideas for improvements always welcome