A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,081
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: This is now my income. Help?  (Read 1000 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

9thLife
« on: March 02, 2009 11:23:02 AM »

Hi there, first off I thank anyone who takes even a moment to even read this! 
This past December I bought a store I had worked in years ago.  I am in Baltimore City in MD.  The store is doing ok finacially.. could be better, and thats why I am trying to expand onto Etsy, and making the website and myspace for the store itself more interesting.  So if anyone has ANY comments, ideas, thought's... anything I would love some feedback. 
Also I am currently borrowing a Kodak camera for my etsy use...  Should I buy a better camera then that?  Any suggestions?  I can take all the help I can get as this now will be my source of income...

Links are in my signature.  Thanks so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009 05:30:35 AM »

Congrats on the store! I have no advice, though...except that in your sig, the etsy URL is backwards. It should be 9thlife.etsy.comSmiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

9thLife
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009 09:11:16 AM »

Silly me, thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PonyHuetchen
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009 01:56:48 AM »

First of all: I really do like it. I like the style & the stuff you're selling.

If I were you I would think a little bit about branding & marketing. You've got a great logo, so why don't you put it together with your web adress on your Etsy pictures (btw: I would invest in a better camera and try to make the pictures more interesting)? I would also think about a "real" homepage with an onlineshop, not "just" a blog and put pictures of the store on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

9thLife
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009 12:04:54 PM »

Thanks!  I totally get what your saying about the branding and marketing, I've been thinking about that myself.  You say to put it with my web addy on the pictures?  Like.. how some people watermark them?  That sounds like a great idea.  I really would like to have a regular homepage...  That might have to be a little into the future... a the moment I'm lucky to have that.. someone is hosting it for me for free and set me up with wordpress for a lack of knowing any better on how to make the page.  But I really would like to get a better page in the future.  Maybe if I just clean it up a little... Or seriously study on how to do something better with it.  Thanks alot for the comments!!  Great ideas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PonyHuetchen
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009 01:53:33 AM »

Marketing and branding can be kinda tricky, but there are resources on the net whcich explain it much better than I could:

try indiepublic.com or indiebizchicks.com (the free part has usual enough tips & hints to get you going).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gin9909
Some Roses do have thorns.

I love sewing clothes, crazy quilts and writing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009 11:56:01 AM »

Follow up with your customers is good practice. You are off to a good start. Other businesses are also starting to get websites.

A birthday registry with a offer of some sort of discount or free gift offer will encourage customer loyalty and repeat business.  Smiley also ... on down times...maybe offer a discount on something to encourage people to run to your store.  Wink just a couple suggestions to help. The library will have lots of books to offer on marketing ideas too. Hope I gave you some helpful tips, let me know. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer, artist and advocate on promoting Life.
Melvinator

It's a miracle!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009 09:34:06 AM »

You may have done this already, but start a facebook and myspace. I know it sounds weird for a business but once you get your loyal fan base, others will start to notice. There's a shop around here that posts on facebook when they have sales and with what's new and all.

And search for everyone in your area. Friend them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Food Lovers Gourmet City, Bangalore
Korean Seaweed Soup Recipe
How to Cook a Healthy Beef-Broccoli Stir-Fry
Light Szechuan Pork Stir Fry Recipe
How to Stir-Fry Meat and Vegetables Asian-Style
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...