Swap name: Embroidery for my Spring: Apron!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: PerachYafeh
Co-organizer: barbolotSign-up date range
: March 1st to March 8th (Sunday-Sunday)Date to send item by:
April, 14th (Tuesday) April 18 SATURDAYLimited to a certain number of people? 24Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NOAge requirement? See guidelines NEWBIES ARE WELCOMED IN THIS SWAP! (1 month of membership + 15 posts required) Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YESSwap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YESDetails of swap:
Who doesn’t love an APRON and little surprises?! Aprons, the ultimate accessory is out the kitchen and has now conquered the streets ! For this swap we will be embroidering or cross-stitching an apron, plus making a little something else inspired by Spring time. The APRON can be sewed by you OR can be store bought (so more people that do not know how to sew/no time to sew could join us). So for this Swap 2 items will be made in total, but if you and your partner agree to do more that’s fine, just please make sure to communicate so you both end up happy with what you receive. Please do not go overboard. This is a relatively small swap, so we can have some quick and easy fun. Rules and other info for this swap:
Once partners are assigned please post an update in this thread once a week. You don’t have to write more than your crafting progress (status 50%) or even just “checking in” if you don’t want to. People who post weekly are less likely to flake. DO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE THREAD AND YOUR PARTNER.
- One week before send-outs I will PM everyone to make sure everything’s going okay, see if you will be sending late, etc. If you will be sending late you MUST notify both me and your partner ahead!
- Delivery Confirmation must be purchased unless sending out of the country in which case you must get, and keep, a receipt. Please send me a picture of your receipt if you cannot do DC#s.
- When sending PMs please label them as “ESA Swap*” with one of the following tags
* ESA (Embroidery for my Spring: Apron!)
So when sending the questionnaire, the subject will read “EVSwap - Approval.” When notifying me about sending and receiving packages, add the corresponding tag. If you just have a general question label it as that. This will keep things organized for me. Please do not forget the tag.
- I will set up a gallery once the first person has shipped. Please post pictures when your package arrives. Your partner put a lot of work into crafting for you! They deserve a little recognition! I will not leave feedback until pictures are posted. It’s always a good idea to take pictures of your package before you send just in case your partner doesn’t have a camera or can’t post pictures for some reason.
- THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP! This is how it will be done:
Great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
Good/Poor communication: where applicable
Sent late/early: where applicable
Did not follow shipping rule: failed to comply with the shipping rules
Didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
Swappers will receive temporary negative feedback if:
- it is one week past send-outs and you are out of communication.
- It is two weeks past send-outs and you have not yet sent, regardless of the communication with me and your partner.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: NEWBIES ARE WELCOMED IN THIS SWAP! 1 month of membership + 15 posts required) ¥¥¥ The Embroidery & Sewing craft scale ¥¥¥
Know more than 8 stitches, can work fast. Have worked in more than 15 pieces in the last 2 years.Intermediate:
Know more than 5, can work moderately fast. Have worked in more than 10 pieces in the last 2 years.Beginner:
know basic stitches, and look forward of learning at least 3 fancy stitches : ) soon. Still working on the first batch on embroidery. Also this will be your first try at embroidery!! YAY.SewingNewbie:
This is my first, or one of the very first pieces in sewing and I a looking forward to learn some mad stuff in my future! I know a few of the sewing lingo stuff.Getin':
I have worked a few pieces. I am getting there with the technical things (pintucks, darts, and pleats). I also know how to whip a zipper and all that supposedly scary stuff. I have worked in simple garments (pillow form dresses alike), simple accessories (tote bags, hobos, etc) and home decor (pillow, curtains, ec). I know that kind of lingo...the sewing lingo.Whiz:
I have been sewing fo-re-ver and I have made a ton of pieces including garments, accessories and home decor. I know a little of more technical things like au couture style ( or maybe just pintucks
). I speak sewing lingo fluently.
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE QUESTIONS BELLOW. MAKE SURE ALL QUESTIONS ARE ANSWERED BEFORE HITTING SEND. USE THE SCALE ABOVE TO ANSWER SOME OF THE QUESTIONS.¤ QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER ¤Name of swap: Embroidery for my Spring: Apron!
◊ Craftster username
◊ Email address
◊ Name and mailing address including the country
◊ Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
◊ Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
◊ Allergies (pets, smoke, etc.)?
◊ Do you live in a house with allergens (pets, smoke, etc.) please list?
◊ Would like to be an angel (in case we need one – yes/no):
◊ Favorite colors:
◊ Not so favorite colors:
◊ Do you mind receiving a store bought apron?
◊ Do you embroider, cross-stitch or both?
◊ Would you like to receive embroidery, cross-stitch or both?
◊ Embroidery/Cross stitch skills (beginner, intermediary, advanced*) check the scale above:
◊ Would you? Be making the apron /or be getting a store bought apron:
◊ Sewing skills (beginner, intermediary, advanced*) check the scale above:
◊ I LIKE (vintage, modern, characters (which ones?), cutesy, girly, revamp, etc) - list all that apply:
◊ I DON’T like (vintage, modern, characters (which ones?), cutesy, girly, revamp, etc) - list all that apply:
◊ My little thing could be...: please list (pincushion, towel, cooking pads, surprise me or etc)
◊Tell us about yourself (let it all! Nice tips of designs and patterns you might have loved at first sight):
◊ Please list (if you have) the addresses of Blog, Wist, Etsy, and others:
◊ Can you take pics and post asap after you get your pack?
◊ Anything else you’d like me or your partner to know?
◊ If the number of people in the swap ends up odd; would you mind being in a group of 3? Example: A sends to B, B sends to C, C sends to A