A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some of my favorite photos - Image heavy!  (Read 605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kerallyn

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 01, 2009 07:29:45 PM »

I'm trying to post more of my work on craftster, and I thought I'd like to share some of my photos.  I love photography and I take a camera with me nearly everywhere I go.  I've got thousands of photos and I always have a hard time picking out my favorites, but here are some of them...

Small print disclaimer:  These are all my original photos, and I ask that you respect that and do not copy, distribute, or make use of these images without my permission.  Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
Hadassah
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009 07:55:49 PM »

I LOVE the 2nd one and the last two!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009 08:00:29 PM »

Excellent photos. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerallyn

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009 03:15:37 AM »

Thank you both Cheesy 

Hadassah, those 3 are at the top of my favorites as well.  I wish that I knew anything about digital photo editing so I could play around with some of them.  For example, I'd love to have the last one with different color flowers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
Pi314

<3 Arts & Aerosol

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009 12:01:32 PM »

Your second photo reminds me of this poster my mom has framed called "doors of truro nova scotia" or something silly like that.

Anyway, a person just went around their small little town, photographed the coolest looking doors, and montaged them all together.

Yours has the same vibe.
It's edgy and home-y at the same time. I like it.
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If it ain't sweet then I won't eat it,
if it ain't green then I don't need it.
I've been smoking so much trees
my people think that I'm a vegan."
Kerallyn

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009 01:54:12 PM »

That's pretty neat Cheesy  That door is in Venice, Italy.  Most of the first floor doors had water right up to the edge of the door like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

Phildude
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009 03:48:20 AM »

awesome photos  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hadassah
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009 12:19:18 PM »

Thank you both Cheesy 

Hadassah, those 3 are at the top of my favorites as well.  I wish that I knew anything about digital photo editing so I could play around with some of them.  For example, I'd love to have the last one with different color flowers.
I keep looking back at these photos. They are just so beautiful. Especially of the little flower girl (?).
I would recommend photoshop. I have photoshop 7 and it works just fine for now because I'm not super advanced (therefore, I don't need cs2 or cs3, if that's what they are called.) But yeah, if you get photoshop, there is a website called lynda.com that has all sorts of video tutorials on photo editing! It really helps too.
As for the different color flowers, I sometimes play with my photos to make them like that in photoshop. There is an option "hue and saturation" and if you select only that portion of the picture, you can change the hue (the color) to your liking. Sorry if none of that makes sense.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mishti
amateur transmogrifier

Under There?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009 05:33:24 PM »

I really like the different textures in the picture with the cartridge, and there are so many meanings a person can take from it.  My husband is a police officer and trains people, so I have developed something of a fondness for that sort of thing. 

Also, I really like the picture with the door; I like the salmon color of the wall.  It makes me want to see the door up close to study the detail.

I like the black and white with the statue.  I think it's the composition I like the best.  And the shadows/shading.  Maybe you could mess around with the colour, and colour in parts of it. 

I like the third to last flower picture.  The colours are so sharp and they seem surreal, almost.  It's neat how there are only three colours in it, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am mebellus on Ravelry
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Potato Skins
How to make Pork Ribs in a Dutch Oven
How to make Chicken and Dumplings
How to make Cornbread Dressing
How to make Boiled Peanuts
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...