A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
774 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: March 2009 Birthday Swap~LISTS ONLY~Closed  (Read 20088 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2009 09:32:11 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION, THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. SOME RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED. YES, THIS IS LONG, BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW ALL THE RULES TO JOIN. THERE WILL BE A TEST. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

DISCUSSION AND GALLERY THREAD LINK: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=294670.0

Swap name: March 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: MareMare

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range:  March 1- March 31
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range: March 1- March 31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 13 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftsters list that is posted, rather than only picking the last one.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in January, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like (listing surprise as well), then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is 5. Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style. If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=294670.0

6. Every birthday participant who posts a list must make at least one claim.
New this month!:
First time swappers may have 1 outstanding claim at a time.
Friends of Craftster may have 3 outstanding claims at a time.
All others may have 2 outstanding claims at a time.[/b]
An outstanding claim is a claim that has not been received yet. If your claim is in the mail, it is still considered outstanding until it is received, and you may not claim again until you have an open outstanding claim slot.

Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed at the top of the second post. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so. Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval. Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail birthday card. You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both me (MareMare) AND the chosen Craftster. At that time, please request the address for where to send it. It is your responsibility to get the address. After you make the claim you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication. It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#. It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures). If I do not receive PMs from you when you send and receive, you will be left Poor Communication in your feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

12. If you are sending late you must pm me by your send-out date. If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont pm me, you will receive poor communication feedback. It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put March Bday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please pm me when you send and receive, and please reply to my pms to you in a timely manner.

Format for PM's:

Proper label:
"March Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by March 14
MareMare to javastain--handmade soap and lotion

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  March 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and Address formatted for mailing:
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Who and what do you want to send to? (if you know already)
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
Test: What happens if you do not pm me by your send-out date?
Test: Where do we keep all chit-chat?

If it is not your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- January 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and Mailing address, formatted for mailing:
Chosen Craftster and item:
Are you a friend of Craftster?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: March Discussion and Gallery Thread
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009 12:12:45 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009 09:32:40 AM »

Participants:

Feedback Left

Birthday Swappers:
1. sophieangele (March 19)  (Presents on the way: 3)
2. musiclady (March 6)  (Presents on the way: 3)
3. kevsbabe29 (March 24)  (Presents on the way: 2)
4. missmoppet (March 1)  (Presents on the way: 2)
5. Disco Queen Highness (March 20)  (Presents on the way: 2)
6. avari20 (March 24) (Presents on the way: 3)
7. feelix (March 14) (Presents on the way: 1)
8. doubleplusgood (March 22) (Presents on the way: 1)
9. bubblegum_phoenix (March 6) (Presents on the way: 1)

*10. Alexus1325 (March 30) (Presents on the way: 2)
*11. hayatiggs (March 15) (Presents on the way: 3)
* Welcome First Time Swapper!

Non-Birthday Swappers:
1. Hollistercobabe (FOC = 3 claims) 0/3/3
2. MareMare (FOC= 3 claims) 0/3/2
3. lethargic (FOC= 3 claims) 0/3/1

Current Claims Outstanding/Number of Outstanding Claims Allowed/Total Claims Made
sophieangele  0/3/2
musiclady   0/2/2
kevsbabe29   0/3/2
missmoppet    0/3/1
Disco Queen Highness 0/3/2
avari20 1/2/2
feelix 0/3/1
doubleplusgood 0/2/1
bubblegum_phoenix 0/2/2

Alexus1325 0/1/1
hayatiggs 0/1/1

SENT
RECEIVED
Sending late with communication
Please PM Organizer

Claims

Send by March 16
Hollistercobabe to sophieangele--crochet hat and scarf
musiclady to sophieangele--sleep mask and embroidery supplies

Send by March 17
Hollistercobabe to musiclady--wisty surprise
Disco Queen Highness to kevsbabe29--headbands

Send by March 19
sophieangele to kevsbabe29--Bobomb stuffie
musiclady to Disco Queen Highness--Hannah hat

Send by March 20
kevsbabe29 to musiclady--shrinky dink kit and extras

Send by March 25
missmoppet to avari20--house shoes and crochet headbands sending 3/27
Disco Queen Highness to missmoppet--resuable grocery bags
avari20 to missmoppet--Asian fabric and yarn
feelix to Disco Queen Highness--wisty surprise and 8" quilt squares

Send by March 26
avari20 to feelix--buttons, fabric, tissue cover

Send by March 29
kevsbabe29 to avari20--magazines and extras

Send by March 30
doubleplusgood to avari20--eco-friendly market bag

Send by April 2
hollistercobabe to doubleplusgood--amigurami

Send by April 4
Alexus1325 to bubblegum_phoenix--shirt or purse, plus something WoW
bubblegum_phoenix to musiclady--owl stuffie, gadget monkey, timtams
bubblegum_phoenix to sophieangele--squashed cat coasters

Send by April 7
hayatiggs to Alexus1325--Super Awesome bookmark

Send by April 9
MareMare to Alexus1325--super girly frilly purse
MareMare to hayatiggs--mini crocheted flowers and handmade soap
lethargic to hayatiggs--embellished bobby pins and shrinky dink sheets

Send by April 14
sophieangele to hayatiggs--bobby pins and extras
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009 10:10:43 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 3/19

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009 03:56:47 PM »

(I've been claimed twice, haven't made any claims yet)

Woo! first up Smiley

Hello fellow first-days-of-spring babies! About me: Im 21, will be 22 on March 19, am a grad student (my BA was in History, my MSt is in Jewish Studies), and live in the UK. I do beading, embroidery and sewing, and make occasional forays into other crafts when I want to make something. Oh, I also bake cakes. Ive tried to make my list as big as possible so its easier for people to find something they want to do on it.

Crafted Items

- knitted/crocheted gloves/hat/scarf (I dont mind which) Thank you so much Hollisterscobabe!

- handmade soap or bath bombs

- a cute sleeping mask, like http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250285.0 , http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=186137.0,  or that pretty Audrey Hepburn one that I cant seem to find Thank you so much musiclady!

- squashed cat coasters - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=157293.0
Thank you so much bubblegum_pheonix!

- A Zombie Escape Plan notebook like this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=6171681

- A messenger bag, or something similar

- A scarf like this - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_18&listing_id=15386694 (Ok, I know Im not getting that one but hey, it doesnt hurt to ask, right? Wink )

- a huck-woven tea-towel like this - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=271480.0

- purple yoga pants

- a paintbrush roll

- I really like this ring - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10756494

- a wallet like this (as in, that sort of closure style) - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21068090

- a slouchy hat like this, although not in that colour! Maybe black, dark/moss green, or purple - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_9&listing_id=15803238

- kit to get me started with Ribbon Embroidery

- this dress pattern http://www.butterick.com/item/B4957.htm??tab=yes_its_easy_see_sew&page=6

Craft Supplies

- ceramic pens

- A box that could be used for making one of these Zombie defence stations: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=202668.msg2158872#msg2158872 (or hey, if youre feeling generous, I wouldnt say no to a ready made one Wink )

- Glow in the dark embroidery floss! http://www.sublimestitching.com/floss_gitd.html

- soap making supplies Id love to try making soap, so anything to get me started!

- fabric with funky prints we get really naff fabric in the UK. No folksy floral stuff etc please. Sock-monkey-themed would be a bonus!

- embroidery stuff floss, hoops, anything really. Im a relative beginner. So far I have: 2 needles, an 8-inch hoop, scissors, some floss.

- Maybe a starter kit to learn to make resin jewellery? All the cool kids seem to be doing it.

- #107 Afghan Nomad Dress Pattern - http://www.folkwear.com/caravan.html

- This papercutting book - http://www.amazon.com/Book-Paper-Cutting-Complete-Techniques/dp/0806902868

- sublime stitching Craftopia pattern

- tea-towels to embroider

- Some of this sort of fabric http://www.fabrictales.com/STORE/store.cgi?cart_id=168584.32248.s0&product=animals&productid=70210&sales=0&lastmenu=

- The mechanism for making my own clock (the bit with the hands, if that makes sense)

Thanks for choosing me!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2009 05:16:46 AM by sophieangele » THIS ROCKS   Logged

musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009 07:54:47 PM »

I have made two claims (0,0,2), have received 2 presents, and have 1 present pending!

I'm Nicole from Colorado, USA.  My birthday is on Friday! (Mar. 6) and I will be . . . ummm . . . 28.  Sorry had to do the math there.  I love natural themes and vintage stuff, especially 50s and 60s.  My favorite colors are green, blue, gray, and brown.  I dislike neons and skulls.  I knit and sew, and do a little bit of needle crafts here and there.  I also scrapbook, although my knitting has taken priority lately.  I am always on the lookout for new crafts to try!  Thanks in advance for claiming me!!

My wist: http://www.wists.com/musicalmama
My ravelry favorites: http://www.ravelry.com/people/musicalmama/favorites/patterns

Crafts:

Sewing machine cover in a fun fabric
Small zippered bags in fun fabrics to store my knitting accessories, like stitch holders and markers, and needle point protectors.  I got a bunch of accessories for Christmas and now I can never find them in the jumble at the bottom of my knitting bag! (claimed from the OWS swap - thanks emilwa!)
Skirt like this one (http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=40442&vid=341) on my wists PM me for sizing info
[b]Yoga mat bag[/b] my yoga mat is a sky blue color in whatever medium you prefer, I saw a cool knitted one in one of the Stitch N Bitch books, I think the pattern is free on ravelry (claimed from the OWS swap - thanks Kristen81!)
Vintage-y decorated tshirts, size L (I like the longer styles of tshirts) Witty 50s-ish is my favorite!
Leg warmers, knit socks, fingerless gloves, do you get that I am constantly cold during the winter?    Recycled is good, too Ive seen some neat legwarmers made from recycled sweaters!
Tote bag to haul my gear to the gym LOVE the Amy Butler stuff.  claimed from the OWS swap - thanks TwiztidBlood!)
Hooded scarf - knitted, example on my wists or ravelry
Vintage inspired apron, examples on my wists
Handmade pottery a tea pot or cup/saucer would be really great!
Girl poppet! with normal flesh colored skin but crazy colored hair!
Owl or penguin stuffy/amigurumi
Knitted  or sewn newsboy hat
A wists-y surprise! Thanks, Hollistercobabe!
A ravelry surprise: the needles, yarn, and pattern for something off of my ravelry favorites list.  Or make it for me, that's good too!  I have a million things on my favorites (well, not a million, but over 100)

Kits -- send me the things I need to learn a new craft:

Needle felting kit I would love to learn this!
Shrinky dink kit thanks kevsbabe29!
Polymer clay kit
Spinning starter kit
Resin starter kit - I'd love to make some of those spoon pendants

Supplies:

Handspun yarn goodness
Natural fiber yarn (wool, alpaca, cotton, bamboo, etc)
Yarn ball winder
Fabrics in fun prints or natural prints, especially birds
Sublime Stitchery book or other embroidery/cross stitch supplies

Extras:

Postcard/photo from where you live
Anything penguin-ey
Chocolate  mmmm  Chocolate
Timtams if you're from NZ!!
Tea
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009 07:34:43 PM by musiclady » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

fav quote whats your point

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009 11:53:53 AM »

2 wishes being granted Thank you!!!!
2 Claims

Hello my name is Holly I will be 38yrs old on March 24th. I am a subsitute teacher { I have been out of work because of some very serious heath problems} so I craft now, I am a diabetic.  I have crafted for the most part of my life.  I don't have alot of self confidence in this area so I don't think anything I do is good enough. I also get bad headaches from different smells and I am allergic to alot of products.  So please no lotions, Candles, Please keep what ever you make me away from BLEACH{highly allergic to it}.
My family consists of a hubby and 3 children a boy age 10,two girls 15 and 16, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 4 hermit crabs, 1 guinia pig, and a partriged in a pear tree lol. We have lived here in Georgia for about 8 or 9 yrs now.

I want to thank you for reading my wish list and considering to craft for me.
I also don't want you to worry I am so easy to please.   

Have a Happy Crafting Day!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/kevsbabe29

http://wists.com/kevsbabe29
A bomomb stuff from my wist  Thank you sooo very much sophieangele

My Wish list:

CRAFTED ITEMS

I love Disney's Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. I would love to have a stuffie made for me So when the stuffie swap comes I can send him on adventures.

Head bands for my hair or scrunchie type things.   Thank you Disco Queen Highness !!!!!

If any one can come up with something that has to do with legos {crafted}

Any thing thats crafted and has to do with smurfs or Mario, Yoshi, Etc from the games.

In my favorite things by other people there is a bombomb and a goomba I really really like.

I also like smurfs.

I also saw a cool towel apron I would love to have that also

Snuggie Blanket here is the site where they sell it but I was hoping someone could make me one.

uz0zl))/products/product.aspx?id=969&gclid=CInp9L3e65cCFQKHxwodeh-ADw" target="_blank">http://www.yourstoreonline.net/(S(3gb4tt55lv2ax2io0nw uz0zl))/products/product.aspx?id=969&gclid=CInp9L3e65cCFQKHxwodeh-ADw

rolls that you keep your tools in my profile is an example of one.

A sign for my craft room door that I could change the sayings on some on the sayings could be: do not enter crafting in progress, enter if you don't want to live, safe to enter etc you could come up with something.

Anything with Harry Potter, Chronicals Of Narnia for the hubby and kids { in the Chronicals of Narnia my Favorite Character is Thomas so anything with that or a stuffie of him.

A animal or something with a Bio I think they are sooooo adorable.

Poppit fairy like
Tree of life necklace in the color of amethyst
Pin Cushion
Crafted toys for my dogs { sugar and spice they a very tiny and play with the little mice you buy for cats they would love anything new and exciting .
Sewn bandanna or something for my terrier shelby she is a girl

a pen made out of clay like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giJu-i0atg

Reusable shopping bags

a sewn bag or something for my truck to keep throw my trash in while I am driving.

SUPPLIES:

Charms
Jewerly making supplies
Tools for jewerly making
Container to keep charms and stuff in
Fabric
Glue sticks
Glue gun
Trash to Treasure book or books {for crafting}
I want to learn how to etch glass so anything for that
Embroidery floss
Fabric
Thread in different colors for sewing machine.
Sewing notions
Self healing mat
Rotary cutter
Resin starter kit
Polymer clay kit
Needle felting kit
Shrinky dink kit
A book teaching me different sewing techniques
Pasta Machine

Surprise me anything from my wists or favorites would be cool.

EXTRA'S

My son is a Cub Scout we would love patches or anything realated to cub/boy scouts from other countries.
Any small lego kits from different countries.
Directions and blocks on how to make Bunnies, Christmas trees, Wreaths, anything holiday related in legos
I love lego's !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear hubby love eeyore
my 16yr old daughter likes music
My 15 yr old daughter likes cats
My 10 yr old son loves dogs and the movie hotel for dogs
TimTams I have to try em.
Faries

Thank you again for considering me.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009 07:08:59 PM by kevsbabe29 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009 06:36:31 PM »

2 claims made - 2 wishes pending

Hey there everyone thanks for thinking of me for a crafty birthday goodie.  Ill be 36 on March 20 this year.  I live in Sammamish, WA and am really ready for spring and warmth.  I love earth tone color combos or really fun patchwork scrappy stuff.  Im a longtime fabric collector and have sewn for years and years.  My love of yarn is a newer development as Ive decided to learn how to really knit and crochet this year. 

My crazy big http://www.wists.com/ list.

Crafty goodness:
A hat like this one: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hannah-portuguese Thanks a million musiclady!

Knit or crochet tea bag holders like these (any color/pattern would be great I just like the lined pouch & button bits): http://www.ravelry.com/projects/pinkpetal/knitted-teabag-holder

Crochet slippers like these in earth tones
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_5&listing_id=18182871

A black or chocolate brown jersey skirt like this one (about s way down the page): http://www.alteredcloth.com/blog/projects/

A wristlet like this: http://javajem.blogspot.com/2008/02/wristlet-tutorial.html

A machine washable placemat or set like these, but Id like the stripe down the side not on the bottom: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=277875.0

Purse organizer like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=295299.msg3360059#msg3360059

A needle book

A perpetual birthday calendar.

A charger/cord organizer.  Id love something that I could hang in my coat closet that had clear pockets that I could label and place each wall charger that we have in its own see thru pocket.  Something similar to this but that would hang on a hanger http://www.amazon.com/White-polypropylene-see-through-vinyl-Holds/dp/B000HM5V0A/ref=pd_bbs_6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1236130448&sr=8-6 or something like this http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-3F20-Configurations-20-Pocket-Organizer/dp/B000JF5R3G/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1236130552&sr=8-13 again with the see thru pockets.  Heres another idea with the hanger pictured this time http://www.amazon.com/Jokari-Gift-Bag-Organizer/dp/B00067WSQ6/ref=pd_bbs_5?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1236130831&sr=8-5  Another option more along the size I had in mind. http://www.amazon.com/Whitney-Design-80-Pocket-Jewelry-Organizer/dp/B0000CNQZD/ref=pd_sim_dbs_hg_1Id love for it to have pretty fabric instead of plain ol canvas.  Id need about 15 pouches just to be on the safe side of organization.

Handbags with hard handles that I could use as crafty WIP to go bags.  Something similar to these bags http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ishi/motif-bag    http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Pipp/felted-clutch-with-roses-9 
I love this roomy bag http://www.ravelry.com/projects/tuxedotshirts/fat-bottom-bag  They dont have to be knit/crochet I just like that I could hang these on the wall in my craft room with those hard handles and theyd pretty much hold their shape.  A sewn bag would be wonderful, too.

The fabric liner for a knitting bucket organizer.  Id be happy to pick up a bucket on my own so shipping charges wouldnt get out of hand.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292678.0

Shorty socks something like these http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/super-simple-short-sock

A mini legal pad cover similar to this (except no pen attached to it) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20737946

A padded crochet hook case like this one.  I love the zippered pocket.  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21266427

A set of sandwich sacks like these http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat1_gallery_18&listing_id=21865194

A set of tags like this to use on gift bags http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat1_gallery_21&listing_id=21850621

Super strong fridge magnets made out of old typewriter keys like these http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=fp_feat_10&listing_id=17276619

Super strong fridge magnets made out of old cash register keys like these
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_7&listing_id=20489165&ga_search_query=typewriter+keys&ga_search_type=tag_title

A wisty surprise. Thank you feelix!

Supplies:
A variety of 8 quilters cotton fabric squares.  Id like to make a scrap quilt, so the bigger the variety of colors the better.   Thanks a 8 million, feelix!
Pretty, soft yarn that would be great for a knitted winter hat.
Colorful mercerized cotton yarn
Hard plastic or wood purse handles
Fat quarters in blues, browns, greens, blacks or whites.
Heavy weight iron on interfacing
Buttons
Yarn ball winder
Hulk green wooden letters http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_gallery_21&listing_id=21739972&ga_search_query=typewriter+keys&ga_search_type=tag_title
Awesomely awesome keys like these http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21741891
These super cool medicine bottles http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21804526
My own collection of crowns http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21853311

Extras:
green tea
spearmint Orbitz gum
Nalgene bottle so I don't have to share with hubby anymore http://www.rei.com/product/402201
key chains (my youngest daughter & I have started a collection together)
rubber bouncy balls (I've got a vase in my formal (he he) living room full of them to add fun color)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009 07:49:09 PM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
missmoppet
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009 12:19:43 PM »

Happy Birthday Fellow March Babies!

Ah, the awkward introduction.  Well, I live in Kentucky, United States.  I love cute Japanese stuff, bento things, crocheting, amigurumi, tawashi, tattoos, pandas, cherry blossoms, dragons, phoenix, and mythology creatures in general.  I love going to yard sales in the summer!  And hunting for all kinds of bargains and such like YARN!  I learned to crochet last year thanks to fellow craftsters, a crochet cd and my mother-in-law.  Im addicted to crafting and video games.  Im one of the few people who actually look forward to the hot & humid summer days here.  And have a total blast weed eating.  I know, its weird, but I actually tell my hubby not to weed eat or cut grass because I love to do them both.  Ha ha.  Anyways, on with my Birthday wish list:   

Crafts
*small messanger bag with cherry blossoms on it
*reuseable cloth feminine pads like these on this page (scroll down to see them)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285775.msg3250870#msg3250870
*Plain reuseable cloth grocery bags so I can stencil themThanks Disco Queen Highness !
*a bag like this: but with crochet hooks instead of knitting needles
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=286398.msg3244833#msg3244833
*cool tattoo-ish/craft wallet with a design kinda like this one:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=276288.msg3125837#msg3125837
*Lolita inspired apron
*I love lucy inspired apron
*small-ish messanger bag with cherry blossom painted/stenciled/ or embroidered on it.

Supplies
*amigurumi books
*happy hooker stitch & b*tch
*solid black amigurumi eyes
*yarn (im not crossing it out because I can always use more yarn.)  Thanks avari20!
*any crochet books, booklets
*tattoo magazines for deco podge
*Japan/oriental fabric for a quilt Im making  (im not crossing it out because I can always use more fabric.)  Thanks avari20!
*tattoo fabric for another quilt Im making
*key fob hardware
*bamboo crochet hooks
*juniors medium hoodies for stenciling on.
*mens small hoodies for stenciling on.

Extras
*bento items (rice, egg molds, ect.)
*anything Japanese (sanrio, stationary, craft books, stickers, ect.)
*gingerbread men cookie cutters with the bites taken out of them
*Sound of Music movie dvd
*Kanji flash cards& japanese text books for my japanese lanuage studies.
*cute stationary.
*Big Goggles like the ones worn in the willy wonka movies ( I know, weird wish but I would totally be in love with anyone who got me a pair, because I cant find them anywhere!)

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to send me a birthday wish item.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009 04:55:21 AM by missmoppet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
avari20
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009 08:22:49 AM »

I've been claimed 1 time!

Hi! My name is Nicole and I'm an American currently living in South Korea. It was a spur-of-the-moment move (as spontaneous as a two-month visa wait could be, anyway Smiley ) and I had to leave my extensive crafty stash behind. I teach English as a foreign language to 5,6,7, and 8 year old children. I'll be 24 on the 24th! It'll be my first birthday without Mom making me a cake, so I must console myself with crafty goodness. My main craft is crochet, but I enjoy sewing just as much. I dabble in general crafts and embroidery, but I haven't made it to jewelry making just yet--my future sister in law takes care of me in that department!

My wist address is:
http://www.wists.com/avari20

Crafted Items:

House shoes- It's customary to take off your shoes before entering a house or work here. Fine with me, except my socks keep getting dirty! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127333.0 Thanks missmoppet!

Eco-friendly market bag (knit or crocheted)

A paper crane mobile-http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=238256.0

Paperback book cover(s)-http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236243.0

A journal or notebook case--http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=243955.0

A crochet hook roll like this one, only without the knitting needles Smiley (I ripped my last one, sadly)--http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=205104.0

A doily-- I really like this pattern http://www.crochetpatty.com/patterns/thread/Aries.html

A fork bracelet like the one in my wist

A tote bag with several pockets and handles for big-girl arms

A hang-able plaque with the quote "Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie"

A box to hold my jewelry. I own mostly earrings.

A crochet headband Thanks missmoppet!

Craft Supplies:

Medium to heavy weight iron on interfacing. It just doesn't seem to exist in Korea.
A yarn swift
Solid colored cotton yarn
The current issue of Crochet Today or Crafts n Things magazine (does that count as a supply

Extras:

If you sent me Nutella, we'd be buddies for life. For real.
If you sent me college ruled theme spiral notebooks, we'd be buddies for life still more.
The sentiment continues if you were to include loose-leaf college ruled paper and a three ring binder to hold it together.
[/list]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009 05:48:46 PM by avari20 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ava
http://www.wists.com/avari20

Will trade yarn for jewelry supplies! PM me if you're interested!
feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009 08:25:12 PM »

Good Day! Thank you for reading and considering. March 14th will be my 30th Birthday. I have asked for more $$ to travel instead of a birthday party (My DH doesn't like to plan parties and I don't want to plan my own).  I am a SAHM for a 7month old and a wife to an engineering/gaming loving husband.As for Craftiness.... I love to bake... my first passion, my second passion is sewing as for all other crafty goodness it all equals 3rd place. I am into fun and practical. I love organization (although I'm a very cluttered person) and anything that might help me be organized. I also love anything for my baby - she is the highlight and motivation to my days. I also love receiving crafty items for my husband so is a huge Final Fantasy XI player. I love color - not a color I hate - so don't feel afraid. if you need a reference- blue, black, white, red... I do love surprises! So don't hesitate to be inspired!

My Wish List:

Crafted Items

The following items with a Dr. Pepper Theme/inspiration:
Key chain
Journal
Pen
Pouch
Lunch Tote
Tote Bag
Backpack
Soda Cozy
Apron (Size XL)
Fingerless gloves

I love to Travel (Although I don't get to as much as I would like). So anything that makes traveling easier.

Passport Wallet & Passport Cover : http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod39380135&ecid=NMCIGoogleBaseFeed&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=H1VDL

Pre- board organizer http://www.travelsmith.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1709&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C252%2C331&iProductID=1709&sortBy=0

eye mask http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=266614.0

Tea Wallet  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_14&listing_id=22092107&ga_search_query=Tea+Wallet&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order= (open to whatever style - old at least 4 tea bags please)

Pink Whipped Soap http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_6&listing_id=22116277&ga_search_query=travel&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

Box Tote http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_8&listing_id=22170571&ga_search_query=travel&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=2&min=&max=&order=
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_10&listing_id=22170833&ga_search_query=travel+bag&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

luggage tags http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_1&listing_id=22172987&ga_search_query=luggage+tags&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

monogrammed keychain http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_18&listing_id=22129012&ga_search_query=luggage+tags&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

Tissue Cover (not floral please) http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_19&listing_id=22047177&ga_search_query=tissue+cover&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

Travel Shampoo Bar http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_14&listing_id=18998889&ga_search_query=travel+shampoo&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

back pack http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_18&listing_id=22163661&ga_search_query=travel+tote&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=  (pockets please)

Car Bag (the kind that hang on the back of the seat.

I also love crafting:
Sewing Machine Cover and pincushion/thread catcher http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_3&listing_id=21871210&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+cover&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

Pin cushion Ring http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_9&listing_id=18892999&ga_search_query=pin+cushion&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

Scrap Caddy http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_15&listing_id=22158736&ga_search_query=pin+cushion&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

Pin Cushion http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_11&listing_id=21752927&ga_search_query=pin+cushion&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=3&min=&max=&order=

Other Stuff I like
lady bug bag http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_20&listing_id=22173919&ga_search_query=sewing&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=&min=&max=&order=

The Donna Bag http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_1&listing_id=13343737&ga_search_query=sewing&ga_search_type=tag_title&ga_page=3&min=&max=&order=

Supplies
Fabric
Fabric
Fabric
Buttons
Ribbon
Zippers
anything that embellishes

Extras
I love any Dove Product
I love Orbit Bubble mint gum
I love chocolate
I love gummy candy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
doubleplusgood

put your hand inside the puppet head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009 01:53:38 AM »

1 claim made, 1 wish being granted.

Hi y'all!  I'm 22, about to turn 23 next sunday (March 22nd).  I live in North Carolina and I just graduated college in December and am struggling to find a job (stupid crap economy).  Being unemployed, I find myself with plenty of time for crafting and am looking to craft mainly from supplies I've already got, and luckily my yarn stash is pretty large.  My  main skillz lie in knitting and some crochet.  I've also got a bit in the way of jewelry making, namely earrings.  I'm looking to pick up a few new crafts, particularly cross stitch and spinning.  I prefer cool and earthy colors.  Nothing too pastel or girly, please.  I'm pretty nerdy so anything that's D&D, H.P. Lovecraft, firefly, or steampunk themed would be greatly appreciated.
alright.  On with the list!

Crafted items:
1. needle felted bacon bracelet. 
http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/beltane08/filetdebling.htm

2. petticoat. preferably a thicker, non see-through fabric.  PM me for measurements.
http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/imbolc07/petticoat.htm

3. full apron.  something in a fun fabric.

4. amigurumi cthulhu, or any other amigurumi thing really. Thanks Hollistercobabe!
http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/imbolc08/eldergod.htm

5. again, anything steampunk, D&D, or Firefly themed.

Supplies:
1. drop spindle and roving

2. shrinky dink plastic

3. cross stitch fabric

4. embroidery hoops, floss, needles, etc.

Extras:
Subversive Crosstitch by Julie Jackson
Chocolate
Gummy candies
Anything else you want to send.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009 01:56:31 AM by doubleplusgood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey, you sass that hoopy Ford Prefect?  There's a frood who really knows where his towel is.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Capture Footage in Premiere Pro CS4
Shooting For Super Resolution
Lighting Shooting and Retouching
Light Painting and Starlight Photography
The Retouching
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...