A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,512
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 44  (Read 33436 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009 02:33:52 PM »

I'm going to snag AsphaltQueen for wisty jewelry surprise!

Claim #3 of 3 / 3 outstanding / 0 in transit /0 received

About Me
Greetings everyone! I'm a 31 year old woman who lives in Florida (USA) with my guy and two cats. My favorite colors are jewel tones like amethyst purple, emerald green, ruby red, sapphire blue, turquoise, and amber. I like silver but not really gold. (Copper's ok too.) My favorite color combination is a deep teal blue and chocolate brown together. It makes me happy. I also love things that go along with my "PhoenixFire" theme like reds/oranges/yellows together. My favorite animals are cats, owls, penguins, bats and red foxes. I love to read, I enjoy photography and I love all things Disney!

ALLERGIES
I suffer from migraines so please NOTHING musk/amber/patchouli/dragon's blood or floral scented. Unless it smells like you can eat it, it will give me a migraine. I LOVE fruit and dessert scents greatly though. Also, please no bar soaps (skin is sensitive to glycerin) and nothing with artificial sweeteners like NutraSweet (aspartame) or Splenda (sucralose) as I'm allergic to both.

Crafts
*big wish* -- A robe like this one. It's just so lovely and I desperately need a robe. (3/4 length or long-sleeves, and mid-length overall. Not too short, not too long. I wear a US size 4 and can send measurements if needed.)

*big wish* -- A migraine therapy kit like this and/or neck/shoulder/back therapy pad like this. I have had migraines for more than 15 years and this kind of thing DOES help. I also have permanant damage to my neck (which often triggers migraines) and it causes pain in my neck AND shoulders so the neck/shoulders/back pack would be a lifesaver.

*big wish* -- A tote like this one. I love and covet everything about it from the colors, fabric to the pattern.

*big wish* -- This scarf in these exact colors. I think this is one of the most perfect things ever. I don't really need scarves as a rule because I live in Florida, but I'd find reasons to wear one like this!

*big wish* -- An apron like this or this  or like this especially if it were in teal blue and chocolate brown colors. (Or used like cute owl fabric or such.) I wear a US size 4 or can send measurements if need be.

*big wish* -- A Slanket! I almost bought a "snuggie" but the fabric was icky. (It was like thin felt.) I want soft, awesome microfiber fleece stuff, you know? Something long enough to cover my toes as well. I'm forever using a blanket on the couch so this would come in hand GREATLY.

*big wish* -- An Autumn Leaf Barrette. I miss autumn since we don't get leaves changing colors here in Florida.

-- An ipod touch cozy - I love this style and the soft fleece interior.  thanks to smacckk for one, but I wouldn't mind having more than one to switch it up - like purses!

-- Anything with a phoenix on it. I LOVE the phoenix and there's not nearly enough phoenix-related things in the world or my life. You can check out my wisted phoenix items here as inspiration.

-- A weekender bag like Amy Butler's style. There are some tips here as well. It could be in different fabrics though. (Maybe brown/blue?) It's just too challenging of a project for me!

-- Something stained glass - sun catcher, glass mosaic item, etc. I just love stained glass and wouldn't even know where to begin making it myself.

-- Hand knit socks. Something warm and soft (no wool please because it itches me) I've got small feet so like a 6.5 size foot or girl's sized large socks for reference. (HUGE bonus if it's argyle pattern. I don't know why but I love argyle.)

-- Yoga pants! (examples: like this or this) Roomy, 3/4 length or floor length (30" inseam) comfy, soft, cottony, not too tight on the waist. I lounge in them on my days off and I just love 'em. (US size 4 short length or I can send measurements if need be)

-- A small purse/wristlet like this one.

-- Something ceramic/pottery or vase or whatever. Again, a skill I don't have but love.

-- Things for my apartment in Teal Blue and Chocolate Brown. I love these colors together. And I'd love something in them for the home. A quilt or throw; art; kitchen accessories; pillows; curtains, etc., etc.

-- Wrist warmers in this pattern. It's just utterly cool.

-- Disney stuff. Be it characters (like Mickey, Figment, Belle, Mike & Sulley, etc.) or movies (The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Monster's Inc., Lady and the Tramp, etc.) or the parks (I live near WDW but I've never been to Disneyland), or historical stuff (books on Walt or the making of the parks, etc.), or things I can use/take to/wear about any of the above, I LOVE DISNEY. So by all means, get creative! Grin

-- Something (surprise me!) incorporating owls, penguins, bats, cats or red foxes. They're my favorite animals.

-- Fused glass, glass (microscope) slide or resin pendants you think I'd like.

-- A ribbon organizer. Doesn't have to be this fabric. It's more the idea and the style of storage that I like here. Chocolate/Teal color combo would be great as would fun/cute fabric or prints (like owls or something.)

-- A cool fitted tee like this one or this kinda thing or maybe like this too. I love the color and look of both of these. I wear a US size 4 or typically a size small. I pretty much live in baby doll/fitted tees.

-- Surprise me! Look at my wists or my wishlist, or the colors I like and see what you can make that you think I'd like.

Craft Supplies

-- Sewing stuff: Rotary cutter and/or self-healing board for sewing. Fabricgasm! I'm a new sewer so I covet fabrics now. And/or Sewing notions, tools or other helpful stuff a newbie sewer would need/covet/want/drool over. (Threads, buttons, snaps, etc.) Thanks missgabbielynn! Leaving it up though since you can never have enough fabric and such! Wink

-- The Softies Kit. I think it'd be fun to have an all-in-one kit to learn to make cute plush. Thanks A2k!

-- Complete Guide To Sewing Book in either this new edition or this older edition. I'm still a very novice sewer who could make use of a reference book like this. (Especially since no one I know locally sews!)

-- Starter resin kit/supplies (resin, molds, etc.)

-- Starter rubber stamp carving stuff. (Maybe a kit or items like tools, the rubber to carve into, how-to/instructions, etc.)

-- Gemstones and gemstone beads. In every shape, size and color. Donuts, cabs, chips - anything! I LOVE working with gemstones and I can never, ever have enough.

-- Lampwork beads.

-- Beading supplies. I create jewelry so I'm always looking for unique and interesting pendants, charms, gemstone beads, large focal beads and such. Also, I love Swarovski crystal, unique clasps or toggles, and jewelry wire in 16 gauge and 24 gauge in any color. Gemstone chips are awesome as well since I make Tree of Life pendants with them.

Extras
-- Tea! Especially fruity ones.

-- Chocolate! (white, milk or dark) No coconut please.

-- Candies! (whatever neat little treats you enjoy, send 'em my way. I love candy)

-- Sewing magazines. (especially things geared towards newbies)

-- Beading magazines (esp ones with projects/tutorials)

Thanks in advance to whomever picks me! Grin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009 02:38:12 PM by phoenixfiredesigns » THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009 07:39:44 PM »

I claim Phoenix for an ipod cozy and a wristlet!

First claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received

My name is Claire and I live in New Jersey. I'm a vegetarian, I do yoga, LOVE animals (especially cats), and anything hippie/indie. My favorite colors are blue, orange, teal and green. I like every kind of fabric EXCEPT velvet (EEP! gives me the willies). No allergies, unless you plan to send me alcohol (yeah im allergic to alcohol, sad i know) Anything else you would like to know about me, PM away!

BIG wishes BOLD

Crafts:

- Amigurumi! anything would be lovely, but i <3 cats and fish! <--- thanks sunspotted! can't wait to see what you send
- Cotton Kimono-style bathrobe (i'm pretty small - PM if you need sizes) any color, print (i know this is kind of a big wish, maybe we could arrange a personal swap?)
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=853506&navAction=jump&search=true <---something like that
- Funky jewelry (vintage, indie) handmade or otherwise <--- thanks animegirlie!
- Large purse - perhaps owl, bird pattern
- "Steampunk" Wrist cuff (I have seen SO many awesome ones around here... if I can find the link, I'll post it)
- Vintagey cami! something like this http://www.freepeople.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/productID/6728d476-6c71-42ae-afe9-be7328667795/categoryID/5329eb52-fb04-4e72-8534-36232b579aac Again, I'm on the smaller side so PM for sizing
- LEGWARMERS! like these fancy things: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283365.0
- Handmade soaps in delicious flavors (nothing too flowery, i like "food" scents like citrus, vanilla, cinnamon, etc
- Homemade lip gloss (the more natural, the better - just to give you an idea, i LOVE burt's bees stuff) in any flavor
- Screen printed t-shirt with my fave bands (The Shins, Metallica) or some random animal (octopus, cat, hedgehog...) - i am pretty tiny so a size XS should be fine <--thanks freestyle! i love the hedgehog!
- Handmade note cards for swaps  (Thanks sheepBlue!)
- Cloth headbands/ scarves (they can be tie-on or elastic  )
- Cloth pads and carrying bag (can be two separate claims... i think its time i jumped on this bandwagon too )
- Thread catcher for my sewing machine
- THIS DRESS! bc it is too awesome for words... any earthy color would be great (PM for sizing, if necessary  )
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=254265.0
- iPod cozy (for a nano or itouch)

Supplies: (thanks to everyone who has sent/is sending me supplies! I can always use more )

- Watch parts! Yes, it seems I have jumped on the steampunk bandwagon...- Buttons - any size, color
- Glass beads - any size, color
- Wooden beads
- Cool fabric - I just started getting into sewing so my supplies are rather limited (thanks everyone!!)
- Sewing supplies that I don't realize I need (zippers, interfacing, etc) (thanks again everybody!)
- Silverware (Forks, Spoons) I would love to make a fork windchime or spoon ring THANKS!
- Stamp starter kit!
- YARN!!!!! Anything soft... most colors except obnoxious neons or "baby" blues and pinks

Extras:

- Old post cards
- Cool picture frames in cool colors/shapes
- Old maps! Italy, Portugal, any city from around the world (thanks Mimik!)
- TEA! Your favorite kinds are welcome (thanks Pinkleo!!)
- ANYTHING tea related - charms, images, etc (its so cold here right now all I can think of is TEA!) <---thanks for the earrings AsphaltQueen!!

Anything you can think of that might relate to the lists above would be super too

Thanks to whoever picks me!  Swaps are so fun  Cheesy

** I have gotten so many awesome things in these swaps - I ALWAYS get compliments on your amazing creations...keep up the great work, guys!**

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009 07:45:41 PM by claire313 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

musiclady

with enough caffine, I could rule the world

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009 07:49:55 PM »

I claim Claire313 for cloth headbands/ scarves.

This is my first claim this round (1, 0, 0)

I am Nicole, I'll be 28 on FRIDAY!  I'm a  full time SAHM to my 10 month old daughter, and part time childcare worker.  I live in the Denver, CO area.  Prior to my SAHM-ing, I was an elementary music teacher, so I love all things musical!  Crafts I like to do include scrapbooking, knitting, and sewing; although I do dabble in lots of different things.  I love earthy colors, especially browns, greens, grays, and blues. 

My wist: http://www.wists.com/musicalmama
My ravelry favorites: http://www.ravelry.com/people/musicalmama/favorites/patterns

Crafts:

Sewing machine cover in a fun fabric
Small zippered bags in fun fabrics to store my knitting accessories, like stitch holders and markers, and needle point protectors.  I got a bunch of accessories for Christmas and now I can never find them in the jumble at the bottom of my knitting bag!
Skirt like this one (http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=40442&vid=341) on my wists PM me for sizing info
Yoga mat bag my yoga mat is a sky blue color in whatever medium you prefer, I saw a cool knitted one in one of the Stitch N Bitch books, I think the pattern is free on ravelry
Vintage-y decorated tshirts, size L (I like the longer styles of tshirts) Witty 50s-ish is my favorite!
Leg warmers, knit socks, fingerless gloves do you get that I am constantly cold during the winter?    Recycled is good, too Ive seen some neat legwarmers made from recycled sweaters!
Tote bag to haul my gear to the gym LOVE the Amy Butler stuff.
Hooded scarf - knitted, example on my wists or ravelry
Vintage inspired apron, examples on my wists
Handmade pottery a tea pot or cup/saucer would be really great!
Girl poppet! with normal flesh colored skin but crazy colored hair!
Owl or penguin stuffy/amigurumi thanks antarcticraft! you can never have too many amis!
Knitted  or sewn newsboy hat
Handspun yarn goodness
Re-usable sandwich wraps
Everyday cloth napkins a set of 6 would be great, my kitchen is sage green, kind of a French country feel   thanks freestyle!  I could use one more set, maybe chocolate brown or tan?
Monster hat for my little girl
A wists-y surprise!
A ravelry surprise: the needles, yarn, and pattern for something off of my ravelry favorites list.  Or make it for me, that's good too!  I have a million things on my favorites (well, not a million, but over 100)

Kits -- send me the things I need to learn a new craft:

Needle felting kit I would love to learn this!
Shrinky dink kit
Polymer clay kit
Spinning starter kit
Resin starter kit - I'd love to make some of those spoon pendants

Supplies:

Handspun yarn goodness
Vintage clothing patterns for toddler girl
Waste canvas for cross-stitch
Mens hoodie, size medium, without a zipper plain black
Natural fiber yarn (wool, alpaca, cotton, bamboo, etc)
Yarn ball winder
Fabrics in fun prints or natural prints, especially birds
Sublime Stitching book or other embroidery/cross stitch supplies

Extras:

Postcard/photo from where you live
Anything penguin-ey
Chocolate  mmmm  Chocolate

Tea
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009 07:59:26 PM by musiclady » THIS ROCKS   Logged
emilwa
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009 08:32:30 PM »

I claim musiclady for some small zippered bags.

First claim/ 0 sent/ 0 recieved.

Hi, Im Emily and Im in Australia, near Sydney. Im 18 and studying part time.

Things I Love
Bright colours, particularly red, green, pink, orange and purple. Dancing, fantasy (especially faeries), cats, Harry Potter (Im a Slytherin Tongue), High School Musical, 50s and 60s pinups, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and colourful shoes.

Things I Dont
Dull colours like browns, khaki, mustard and aubergine. Anime and Kawaii stuff. Gold and other yellow based colours (I have blue based skin). Most paisley and floral patterns.

Allergies
I cant wear earrings made from anything other than sterling silver.

Stalk Me
Link to my wist below, theres not much on it though, just some pretty dresses. My Polyvore profile is a good indicator of my style: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/browse.sets?uid=57573
Myspace: www.myspace.com/drowninginyoursmile

Links are examples in style, not specifics in colour/pattern etc

Craft

Fingerless gloves (red, black, grey or off white)

Cable knit beret (same colours) http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/cable-knit-beret-6

Knitted legwarmers (same colours)

Cute studs (silver only, Im allergic to anything else)

Toiletries case

Leather bound notebook or personalised covering of another kind

Bookmarks of any kind

Messenger Bag (to fit standard A4 notebook, pens etc

Weekend/overnight bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292943.0

A dance bag (Must fit 2 pairs of dance shoes, a jacket, 1-2 water bottles and standard wallet, phone etc and have a shoulder strap.). Like these, but a bit more fun: http://www.blochworld.com/shop/c-16-accessories.aspx

Bubble Bath or any other bath stuff. Anything at all, but i really love scents like vanilla, cinnamon and strawberry.

A fun box for my candy stash (any shape and size)

Satin pillowcases (I love love love them!)

And of course any surprises based on my wist or the things I love

Supplies

Fabric: more unique prints, patterns etc. Bright colours

Ribbons

Embellishments: buttons, iron on transfers etc

Random sewing related supplies (anything and everything!)

Pattern paper

Vintage patterns (US size 6)

Kits so I can learn new things (eg candle making, soap making, jewellery making. Anything really, Im keen to expand my crafting)

Extras

Candy: if its gummy, I love it

Your fave chocolate (only milk or dark)

Anything for my cat

Also, any surprises based on things I love =)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009 02:22:49 PM by emilwa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dip_n_dot
T.L.D.G*

Skate & Destory

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009 06:07:34 PM »

i claim emilwa for fingerless gloves.

First claim/0 sent/ 0 recieved.

Howdy  I'm Kaesi(KC) from Texas. I'm 20 and just graduated college!

Likes-skulls, the colors greens my super fav, red and black, cars, hedgehogs, pin ups,

Dislikes- pastels

Allergies-none, but strong smoke irritates my asthma

CRAFTS
  • Wists Surprise-wist
  • Soap(doesn't have to be decorative because I use them in a soap bag)
  • Handspun Yarn
  • Hand died Yarn
  • Leg Warmers(black over the knee ones maybe with a cute design)
  • Dragon Stamp(pretty dragon for my etsy store I can PM you my banner for ideas)
  • Cosmetic Bags(slightly on the large size cute fabrics!)
  • Tree Of Life(either 1 large one or a tri deal so I can hang them in a window)
  • Fitted Tee(surprise me Grin)
  • Pleated Bag(likes this or this)
  • Embroidered Towels w/ Skulls
  • Anything Opal
  • Embroidered Patch(es) w/ Pin Up Girls
  • Wrapped Bracelet(like the ones on this page)
  • Flower Pot(here is one to inspire you)

SUPPLIES
  • Yarn
  • Melt & Pour Soap
  • Fun Fabric (any size)
  • Zippers
  • Wax
  • Crochet Patterns

EXTRAS
  • Chocolate(Rolos & Recees)
  • Candies(Sour Patch Kids)
  • Cute Ankle Socks
  • Any Skull Stuff

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist<3
i <3 Personal Swaps!

Crochet Challenge go vote!
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009 11:08:36 PM »

I claim dip_n_dot for a wisty surprise Cheesy

3rd claim, 1 sent 1 recvd

My name is Lissa and I am SAHM to my 3 kiddos here in colorful Colorado.   My daughters are 10 and 3 and my son is 9 months old.  We are allergic to smoke and strong perfume scents.  I like most colors although neons arent too friendly here and we keep our son in tradtional boy colors.  I love pink although my girls are not as girly as I am.  We love animal themes and are not big on religious themes.  I have a HUGE wists, with lots of notes and I keep pretty good track of it.  I would love to have anything from there.

Crafted:
*Boy Poppet

*Poppet accessories:  clothing, hair stuff, bagpacks, food, wings would be awesome, (they belong to my kiddos, so please no adult themes)

*Animal Amigurami  ~ hermit crab, turtle, octopus, we would love any part of the farm animals and barnset on my wists
Thanks Hollistercobabe!
* Bento Stuff  (I have one really beautiful box right now and would love some accessories for it, and more boxes are always loved)

*Size Mens L Tshirt  with this stenciled on it http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/ffbaeff0bb09200ca6f282dfaa198daf?offset=0

*cloche hat (a few examples on my wists)

*STURDY Packman stitch markers: I have some that are just too heavy and they fall off the head pin. http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/26dfff9a5ed27b1a7e1a0e3ce88811ad?offset=0

* STURDY (and some what small) turtle charm stitch markers

*Row Counter: I would love one that had the number beads to help me keep track at a glance

*Stroller bag ~ I really like how the oh so pricey BOB is styled, so something like that (in boy colors) would be awesome! http://www.joggingstroller.com/BOB-Stroller-Diaper-Bag.pro

*Key FOB in a fun print

*sturdy childs belt (for a size 4)

*Felt, knitted, or crocheted food ~ we have a lot of great stuff already but would really love to have a banana that you can peel, oranges and apples, popcorn, loaf of bread, juice box, hotdogs, smores, PB&J lunch,  carton of eggs,  tacos, icecream treats, (these are all on my wists) Thank you Twiztid Blood! 

*Chinese take out felt food http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/e7fa5e9a1ff1fededc3753e381886bab?offset=220

*Picnic Bag http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/baedb17b02f2cd6caf1ed051a08a52ca?offset=120

*Collapsable hamper http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/8fb8902083a901f805cb92279d426840?offset=240

*laptop sleeve: I would love to have a cutesy print or applique
Thank you sg1psychopath!
*Hurra Torpedo shirts for a member ofm y family (excpet the 10 year old) : Hubby would love a mens L, DD would love a kids 5, DS would love a size 12 months, and momma would love a fitted womens size M or L  http://www.cafepress.com/hurra_torpedo/

Supplies:

*Clear stamps: vehicles, construction, dinosaur, if you have some just ask me.  There a lot that I would love to have.

*Issues of Ottobre: would love any childrens issue (except 3-04, and 1/08 which I have) and wouldnt mind a momma issue either

*Color Ink pads: I prefer the larger pads that can easily fit a clear block, acide free, they are for scrapbooking

*Resin molds: would love an alphabet or bangle mold

*Toddler Girls swim suit and leotard patterns  (need size 4 and up) 

*Toddler girls panties pattern

*bias tape maker: any size would be great!

*colored serger thread cones in sets of 4

*snap setter  and/or snaps for onesie size snaps

*boyish print knit fabric

*ball winder

*fragrance oils (there arent many that I wouldnt want although please no pine scent) for my laundry soap
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009 12:42:25 AM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccabadger
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009 07:46:42 AM »

I claim MommyTheMaid for a laptop sleeve

This is my 1st claim, 0, 0.
Hi, I'm Bekki, I'm 21 and I'm from Bristol in the UK. I live with my parents, along with a cat, a hamster, two gerbils, a load of fish and a load of stick insects. I love spiders, cats, ducks, and all sorts of animals. I play the flute, and love music. My favourite colours are dark and electric blue and black, but I like most dark colours. I love old, victorian style things. I sew, knit (sort of), cook, and papercraft and love to try anything new. I love reading. I love the show Stargate!

I'm allergic to dogs (as long as whatever you give me isn't covered in fur, or is washable, I should be fine), lavender, any flowery smelling things. If something smells, try to make it vanilla/strawberry/fruity etc please!

Crafts

A shawl, black
Handkerchiefs
A messenger style bag (for my flute, piccolo and music)
Cloth pads
Bag for cloth pads
A black petticoat, shortish would be great
A cardigan (black) (like this)
Candles
A ribbon belt
An apron (like this), but in blue and/or black, and possibly with some lace trim etc.)
Gothicy pincushion
A wallet for cards and change
Lace gloves
Candles

A surprise!

Supplies

Ribbon, any colour
Yarn, any colour, type and length
Fabric, any types, any patterns apart from skulls
I would love some bamboo or hemp type material. Small amounts are fine. It's really hard to find here.
Zips! Black and blue preferred, any length
Lace
Lace trim
Any gothicy bits and pieces
Cardmaking supplies. Paper, stickers, punches, anything would be great

Thank you to whoever claims me!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009 06:11:00 PM »

I claim sg1psychopath for a gothic pincushion and some zips (possibly other stuff as well).

About me I'm a 6 foot tall, 35 y.o. living in Hollywood.

Allergies - no patchouli, sandal wood, nag champa (not actually allergic to these, but they make my nose run horribly), If you send me food stuff, I don't eat mammals but I'm not a vegetarian. My S.O. is allergic to cats - but if you're careful and/or wash & clean thoroughly before sending , he'll be ok. On another food note - I'm allergic to blue food coloring, yes, just blue. If you send me anything that has a scent, I prefer citrus over any other smells.

Things I love: dogs, computers, technology, the internet, circuit board patterns, sci-fi, anime - anything Japanese really but especially hello kitty and san-x, dragon flies, the subway, hummingbirds, hearts, cherry blossoms, bikes

My favorite clothing designers = Oakley, Diesel, and Free People
Dress wise, I do conservative but hip for work (I work at an internet company so I can't dress too stuffy). I'm a t-shirt and jeans girl at home. I love the idea of high heel tennis shoes

Favorite colors: Cobalt Blue (any blue really as long as it doesn't look turquoise or aqua), Pink, Khaki Green, Red, Orange.

Yuck colors: I hate aquamarine, yellow, and turquoise - I don't really hate yellow, but it hates me. I don't like gold toned metals either.

Please package whatever you send me in the smallest box, envelope, whatever as possible because I have a TINY mail box.

Oh and NO Disney related stuff unless I specifically say it's ok!

On To The List

big wishes in red and bold

Wearable Stuff:

If you plan to make me any wearable stuff, please PM me for measurements.
1. a stencilled shirt with an art nouveau style pattern - Women's Medium Please - but must be stretchy as I'm kinda curvy (and long-ish 'cause I'm tall)
2. simple a-line skirt knee length (will send you measurements)
3. Bloomers or bike shorts to wear with skirts while riding my bike.
5. 2" wide fabric belt that's kinda long (can be sash style or with a buckle)  - in any of my favorite colors, denim, or a pretty girlie print (fabric inspiration on my wists).
6. headbands from Heather Bailey's pattern in fabrics from my wists (my sewing machine is busted and I love this pattern so can't make myself more right now)

Other Crafty Stuff:

2. amigurumi cuteness animals, plants, food with faces to join the rest of the stuffies in my cube. (take a look at my previous posts - I have a picture of all of them together posted on one of these galleries) - Thank you MandyLikesPie for the puppy and cactus & Miss moppet for my coffee cup - but no girl can have too many stuffed animals!
3. Your ATC's or ATC style artwork that I can hang in my cube at work (fairly small scale) - thanks banga (I can always use more Smiley )
4. a pop art style painting of my German Shepherd in blues or reds (I will provide photos, small scale as this will probably be on my desk at home or work)
5. A very simple lap quilt and/or pillow that I can keep at the office (can be fleece or whatever, not picky) with a Tinker Bell or Jessica Rabbit embroidered or stenciled on it this is the only wish Im lifting the Disney ban on.
6. Anything with a sewing machine or crochet hooks on it
7. Very simple necklace and earring holder. Black, teak, or maple are the best colors for me. like this one (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9201717) THANK YOU CLAIRE!!!
8. Passport holder!! BIG WISH!! preferably with an "anti skimming" lining

9. re-usable sandwich wrappers & a large lunch bag (you know the ones made of fabric with a plastic lining to replace sandwich bags) Would LOVE if they had a circuit board pattern or ANY fabric from my wists. There is now an example on my wists - some other crafter read my mind. 
10. Pillows for my new couch (just plain - nothing girlie - PM me for more more info if you feel like making pillow covers)
11. magazine storage folders decorated with patterns from my wist or plain black. (setting up a studio to share with the hubby.
12. seat pads for stools in black or a pattern from my wists.

And.

Im always up for a crafted surprise from the wists I think I like these wishes more sometimes  Grin you people are so creative!! (anything that says "thank you" in the title I've already received).
http://wists.com/animegirlie2

Supplies:
1. Instructions on how to adjust timing on a singer 4803 machine - pictures and what not on how to get in it and make the adjustments myself instead of taking it to a shop.
2. Vintage Buttons preferably from 30s to 60s any size, any color (no novelty buttons please I prefer the classic styles, but flowers are ok)
3. Felt squares, any color, wool (preferred) or polyester
4. half inch round circle hole punch
Tag shaped hole puncher
5. wacky shaped hole punch (interpret how you like)
6. ring blanks
7. Bails for necklaces - the little loopy things that you glue on the back of a pendant...does that make sense?
8. 6x6 frames in plain wood - no glass needed - used to frame stuff for a living can handle all but making the frames (6x6 is a weird size).
9. Yarn - I can always use yarn
10. Hand spun yarn in burnt orange (see my photos - same color as my FBB) with sparkly copper fiber spun in.

Extras:
1. Hello Kitty anything
2. San-X - Mr. Cold stuff would AWESOME
3. anything from meomi.com
4. any book on my wists (pre-loved is totally fine!)
5. Throw in a few of the business cards for your online shop (if you have one) so I can give them to people who appreciate what you made for me  Smiley
6. "Mind the Gap" swag from London underground or any Tokyo Metro/JR lines swag (I have maps of both subway systems already). 
7. I collect Japanese style teapots - if you have one you don't want.....
8. I also collect antique (B&W) photos of plants and landscapes

thank you in advance for crafting for me Smiley
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009 06:13:07 PM by animegirlie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009 06:18:32 PM »

I claim animegirlie for Passport holder!! BIG WISH!! preferably with an "anti skimming" lining  Grin

Claim #1 / 0 outstanding / 0 sent / 0 received
-------------------------------------------------

I am in Florida in the USA!

Im in my mid thirties. My favorite colors are jewel tones like purple, green, blue, aqua. I like black, gunmetal and silver too. I love birds (all: owls, fat yard birdies, penguins, parrots, hawks etc). As far as fabric tastes go, I made a wist (see further down for link) of fabrics I love.  I love gaming like World of Warcraft or Myst. I like to read and am into fantasy art as well. Lord of the Rings is probably my all time favorite movie series. Star Wars comes in a close second though. Smiley

Allergies: I am allergic to cats. But if you just keep them away from the things you are sending, it should be fine. Smiley I am fairly certain I am allergic to mohair as well.

Dislikes: strong scents and cigarette smoke. I don't care for most pinks (although its starting to grow on me), orange, skulls, sock monkeys, pinup art or zombies.

Wists
I have two wist lists.  One is for things I'd love to have and the second is only of examples of fabric that I love.  Not that I wouldn't love to have fabric, but it is mostly for my partners so that you can see the types of fabrics I love.

Wists - the normal one of things I'd love to have:
http://www.wists.com/avesthel

Fabric wists - examples of fabrics I heart.
http://www.wists.com/avesthel2

-------------------------------------------------

Updated my wists with a whole bunch of new items!  Smiley

crafted

- A poppet with long blonde hair and fair skin (not pink, blue etc, but normal skin color)

- A wisty surprise! http://www.wists.com/avesthel

- dyed wool that I can card into batts (but not mohair as I am allergic)

- sewing machine cover. Sounds silly, but I usually end up sewing things for other people and not myself. I really like this one with the sewn on embellishments, or maybe a bird embroidered on it from my wists. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290914.msg3336611;topicseen#msg3336611

- wire wall cross with stone similar to the one on my wists

- stained glass owl

- an owl themed surprise!

- tea towels with birds embroidered on them (I have some bird embroidery ideas that I love on my wists)

- knit or crochet shawl (in black)

- ceramic / pottery bowls all sizes, preferably natural earthy tones

- leather bound journal

- roving to spin

- jewelry from my wists

- This owl wall clock - http://www.wists.com/avesthel/4c475ec58764e7f24d7d1297bf85244f?offset=0

- gocco or lino pressed cards in birds or simple botanical themes

- thread catcher like this one, but maybe in a different fabric http://www.wists.com/avesthel/fc66aaa3daea89d3920b4ae4df761d86?offset=0

- Any of the amigurumis I have on my wists Smiley  Thank you RondaS for the dragon!!  Thank you dip_n_dot!

supplies

- bookbinding supplies

- tea towels to embroider

- metal bird or owl charms

- random metal charms

- skeleton/vintage keys

- scrabble tiles

- sock yarn - I will be happy with any and all, but I would really love superwash merino!  Smiley

- heart shaped hole punch

- superwash wool yarn

- glitzy stuff for adding to wool batts!  I love firestar and icicle top, but angelina is very welcome too.  Any color as I want to play with them all!   Smiley

- beads - glass and unique small/medium sized beads, but not seed beads.  Im wanting to add them to yarn as I spin.

- vintage buttons (with or without shanks)

- buttons - flat ones without the shanks, lots of fun colors, sizes etc  Smiley

- roving to spin

extras
- chocolate pocky

- coffee from your area of the world

- chocolate from your area of the world

Thank you in advance if you choose me!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009 08:05:06 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dip_n_dot
T.L.D.G*

Skate & Destory

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009 06:51:39 PM »

i claim Avesthel for Amigurumis on wists!!!!

2 claim/0 sent/ 0 recieved.

Howdy  I'm Kaesi(KC) from Texas. I'm 20 and just graduated college!

Likes-skulls, the colors greens my super fav, red and black, cars, hedgehogs, pin ups,

Dislikes- pastels

Allergies-none, but strong smoke irritates my asthma
CRAFTS
  • Wists Surprise-wist
  • Soap(doesn't have to be decorative because I use them in a soap bag)
  • Handspun Yarn
  • Hand died Yarn
  • Leg Warmers(black over the knee ones maybe with a cute design)
  • Dragon Stamp(pretty dragon for my etsy store I can PM you my banner for ideas)
  • Cosmetic Bags(slightly on the large size cute fabrics!)
  • Tree Of Life(either 1 large one or a tri deal so I can hang them in a window)
  • Fitted Tee(surprise me Grin)
  • Pleated Bag(likes this or this)
  • Embroidered Towels w/ Skulls
  • Anything Opal
  • Embroidered Patch(es) w/ Pin Up Girls
  • Wrapped Bracelet(like the ones on this page)
  • Flower Pot(here is one to inspire you)

SUPPLIES
  • Yarn
  • Melt & Pour Soap
  • Fun Fabric (any size)
  • Zippers
  • Wax
  • Crochet Patterns

EXTRAS
  • Chocolate(Rolos & Recees)
  • Candies(Sour Patch Kids)
  • Cute Ankle Socks
  • Any Skull Stuff

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009 06:53:02 PM by dip_n_dot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist<3
i <3 Personal Swaps!

Crochet Challenge go vote!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
JWoww Sniptease Thursdays: Cotton Candy Hair Dye
Plaited Bridesmaid Hairstyle Tutorial
Summer Travel Tips For Natural Hair
Rock a Gorgeous Updo for Short Hair
3 Super Easy Braid Styles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...