A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Joker Potato Head  (Read 1728 times)
Tags for this thread: the_joker  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missmoria
« on: February 28, 2009 05:01:26 PM »

So. I made this for one of my friends for... Christmas. But not last Christmas. The Christmas before that. The Dark Knight had not come out yet and, like I'm sure everyone was, we were SO excited for it to be released! Batman is the best. All I did was take a regular Mr. Potato Head and paint different pieces. His face white, his eyes black, his hands purple, shoes black, etc. I also made him a purple coat and a black bowtie out of felt. His hair was the tricky part. I used a massacred potato head ball cap as a sort of scalp, through which I pushed pieces of neon-green... I don't remember what it's called, but that plasticky string that little kids make bracelets and keychains out of. I remember not being a huge fan of the hair when it was done, but I think it looks ok. The plastic, rather than yarn or something, seemed to fit in better with the other potato head pieces. Finally, I filled his innards with little toy machine guns, and I glued one to his hand. I decorated the box too, with joker cards, and lots of red-paint-blood. Drips and fingerprints and things. Then I spelled out "The Joker" and "To ----- From -----" with magazine letters, like in a ransom note. It turned out really cute. He's more cartoony than Heath Ledger's Joker, but it's hard to make Mr. Potato Head look scary. And my friend really liked it which made me super-happy.

Sorry that this is the only picture. I'm pretty sure that I took some from multiple angles as I was making it, but my old computer recently crashed and I lost a lot of stuff. I had to steal this from my friend's Facebook page. Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009 05:19:34 PM by missmoria » THIS ROCKS   Logged
chorto78
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009 05:15:03 PM »

This is awesome, I would have never thought to do anything to a Mr. Potato Head!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zkatom
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009 06:50:58 PM »

This is a really cool idea and extremely well executed!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KMOM13
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009 10:05:57 AM »

LOL.  Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmoria
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009 10:22:54 PM »

Thanks! :   ) I love Mr. Potato Head. I have about a zillion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janicejan
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009 05:20:45 AM »

it looks creepy yet awesome.. very nice, I love his hair, its made from nylon right?..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmoria
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009 08:43:42 AM »

Thanks! Yes, I think it's nylon. Honestly, I forgot what it is called. That flat plastic string that comes on spools? You can make bracelets and things out of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Georgetown Cupcake Sisters Share Their Baking Secrets
How to Make The Easiest Pie Crust
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
4 Halloween Cake Decorating Tricks
How to Make a Brown Sugar Topped Banana Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...