A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One hour baby booties - Pink  (Read 2052 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Elowen
« on: February 28, 2009 03:41:04 PM »

I made these booties as part of a set.  They were almost too cute to give away.

It's hard to tell with the blurriness of the photos but the buttons are little white roses.

Here they are again with the crocheted "Sweet Pea Bonnet"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors but I think that God has a sick sense of humor, and when I die I expect to find him laughing" - Depeche Mode, Blasphemous Rumors
KarenLouiseM
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Put me in coach, I'm ready to play

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009 06:15:48 PM »

Those are super cute!  I have just crocheted my first thing (a baby hat) and am dying to expand (but only into super easy things).  People I know are pregnant with FOUR little baby girls (three moms), so I decided now was the time to learn to crochet and produce some cute little pink things.

Were the shoes difficult?  Is it a pattern you can share?
Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Elowen
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009 08:53:48 PM »

The booties are a little tricky, if you're new to knitting they may be difficult, but super quick once you've got it down.  The pattern comes from Stitch n' Bitch Nation by Debbie Stoller.  The Bonnet is pretty easy as long as you know how to crochet a circle.  Here is a link to that pattern: http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/BabyChild/LT1588+Crochet+Sweet+Pea+Bonnet.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors but I think that God has a sick sense of humor, and when I die I expect to find him laughing" - Depeche Mode, Blasphemous Rumors
smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009 09:33:32 PM »

MY FAVORITE booties ever..

great job..and with a matching bonnet..awesome..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
KarenLouiseM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009 07:09:13 AM »

Thanks.  So far I've only knitted the little coin purse kind of thing from the klutz knitting book - so the booties may still be outside of my abilities Cheesy

The hat I made is a takeoff of the sock monkey hat in Debbie Stoller's Happy Hooker book - pretty simple I think (I easily frogged as much - or more - than I crocheted, but I got there eventually).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not that I don't want to swap, it's that I often don't have time.  But feel free to ask (especially if it's one that's not too time consuming).
Elowen
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009 10:32:24 PM »

Karen I love that sock monkey hat,  I haven't gotten brave enough to tackle it myself.  You'll have to post pictures when you do finish it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nuttywoman

Help I`m trapped in the glass in my back door!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009 01:42:45 PM »

Hi, i borrowed the book from local library & printed out the pattern so i`m hoping someone can explain what skp means ?   Smiley It does`nt say in the abbrev for this pattern.
Thanks  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nuttywoman

Help I`m trapped in the glass in my back door!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009 01:46:51 PM »

Ignore the above post, i know what it is now  Grin it wrote different to how i remember  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KarenLouiseM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009 11:58:45 PM »

Elowen - I didn't do the sock monkey - just tha hat.  And I wouldn't be too intimidated if I were you - the hat part is really easy.  (It has to be, because it's the first thing I have made and I am very bad at this so far - I take out many, many, many rows in order to get a few finished.)  The monkey seemed a little intimidating to me, so I just made the hat in two different shades, with the ruffly brim.  Then I made a flower (from the Klutz learn to crochet book) and put it on.  It came out pretty good - good enough that I've made two more since them.  I will post pics as soon as I get it photo'd.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
GirlProps, Soho - NYC, New York
How to Do Your Highlights At Home
Celebrities Hair Stylist Ted Gibson Interview
Hair Style- Ted Gibson- Lela Rose- Fashion Week NY Fall 2010
Hair at Betsey Johnson - Fashion Week NY Fall 2010
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...