A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,368
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twine Basket Pattern?  (Read 1025 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SadieCass
« on: March 22, 2005 06:51:29 PM »

I'd really like to know if anyone here has a pattern for a crocheted twine basket?  I wanted to make some for storage, but the only pattern I've found so far is in a $20 book that I don't have the funds to purchase right now....and the basket is really too big for what i'm looking for...although it could be modified.  If anyone has just a basket pattern for a twine (or leather strap) crocheted basket, I would greatly appreciate it!!  Thanks so much!

Sadie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogsrock
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005 03:23:16 AM »

this is rather bad but
you can always buy the book and photo copy the pattern than return it

or if its at michaels use the 40% off coupon they have in the ad
acmoores is the same way

i dont know what other stores honor the coupons though, i know joanne fabrics doesnt
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IslandTurtle
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005 08:54:05 AM »

Your local library might have what you're looking for. Thats where I get most of my patterns from when I can't find them online. Its also where I browse books I'm interested in buying. Just an Idea Smiley

-Wendy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amy_ruth
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005 10:03:48 AM »

I made some twine baskets for Xmas presents.  The pattern came from Simple Crochet by Erika Knight.  I found the book at the library.  If your local library doesn't have the book, they can usually get it through Interlibrary Loan.  Just ask a reference librarian and they can help you.   

The baskets were really simple to do.  Basically just five single crochet pieces.  All you really did was decide how tall you wanted  the basket and how long, then sc until you get the right dimensions.  Then sc a bottom piece with the same number of stitches as the bottom edges of the four sides and sew all the pieces together. 

The twine was kind of hard on the fingers after awhile, but other than that it was really easy.  I highly recommend the above book because it gives much clearer instructions than I have been able to.  Also, there is some finishing step that I'm not quite remembering.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SadieCass
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005 07:11:11 PM »

Actually, your post made it rather easy for me...That gave me the gist of it, at least.  I'll definitely look for that book at my local library.  I have some other research to do there on Tuesday, so I'll add that to my list!!  Thanks so much, ladies!!!

Sadie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of VIBE: Pete McKee Animates London
Art of VIBE: Michalopoulos Channels New Orleans & Music In His Art
11-Year-Old To Credit For Gorgeous Animated Google Doodle
Art of VIBE: Apex On Being Saved By Street Art
Lost Vincent Van Gogh Painting Discovered In Safe Deposit Box
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...