A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
719 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Northern Ireland Craft Fairs  (Read 8836 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

give-quiche-a-chance

9 10 a big fat hen! The name's Bender!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008 01:30:10 AM »

Hi everybody! I'm in Belfast too we definitely don't have enough craft shops in Northern Ireland  Sad the best for fabric has already been mentioned - craftswoman fabrics in carrickfergus, i could spend all day in that place!

For charity shops I always find that the larger towns/small cities like lisburn and portadown have better items and less people have rummaged through them.

There are a few craft fairs I know of - there is one in the Argory in Moy (Co. Armagh) and the best one is at Narrow Water Castle in Warrenpoint (Co. Down) Inside the castle is so beautiful.
I think these are just annual fairs that take place just before Christmas, every time I go to them I get inspired to open my own stall yet come the next year I'm still just an other customer  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeltreats
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008 02:16:27 AM »

I'm originally from Warrenpoint (I live in London now) and I've been in that castle a few times - it is gorgeous.  Its owner died not so long ago though Sad  I was at the craft fair there the year before last and really enjoyed it, it was a good mix of sellers and items.  This years is over though, it was about two weeks ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catastrafi
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009 09:57:35 AM »

There is a once a month craft fair in the Black box theatre in Belfast, the tables are shockingly FREE and its packed.

I am also lobbying to get a craft fair at my university (Queen's)

I have recently started a creative society in queens and looking for anyone whos up for some slightly mad crafting activities to join in.

Please PM me if you're interested in either!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockpool candy
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009 01:33:15 PM »

I'm in northern ireland.
we have a healthy amount of fairs and guild events etc. Check out the Ulster Guild of Spinners Weavers and Dyers (then there's embroidery, lace making, knitting machines etc.) Craft and Design Collective (used ot be called county down crafts) always have info up about LOADS of craft fairs.
There's an alternative stitch and bitch group called Handmade Brigade that meets on a thurs in Common Grounds coffee shop. Also check out the Woolly Way of Ireland for upcoming events - there's loads!
check out my site, I've often got info on there
rockpool candy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Ponytail
How to Braid Black Hair
How to Do Micro Braids
How to Retwist Dreads
How to Plait Hair
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...