A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,530
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sackboy, Valentine's crochet, and a soot sprite  (Read 3132 times)
Tags for this thread: little_big_planet , sackboy , video_game , valentine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kirsa
« on: February 27, 2009 12:11:31 PM »

The latest FO's.

I made up the sackboy.  I'm not terribly pleased with the legs, or with the white zipper.  He got finished up at a housewarming party as a gift for the home owner, so I didn't really have time to fix the bits I wasn't pleased with.  The zipper works, there's a small fabric pocket behind it that I sewed in, big enough for a few coins or maybe a Starburst or something.  I vaguely tried to thread-joint the legs so that he could sit, but the recipient took the photo for me a few days ago and doesn't seem to want to try to pose Sackboy at all, so I may never know if it worked.  I was pretty pleased with how the fingers turned out (though I realize they're hard to see in the photo).

I made some patterns for my DH for Valentine's Day.  First there's the "Love is the Word" pattern from Pixie Kitten and then there's the Corazoncitos pattern from Owly and finally the Love Letter envelope from Lion Brand.  They all worked up pretty easily, though I was a bit surprised with the hearts that the mid-sized one ended up not much bigger than the small one (maybe it's just that my big one ended up huge!)  It looks nice strung together as a door hanging though, so I don't really mind.  The letters for Love were a bit fiddly, too.  I added a small buttonhole to the Love Letter envelope so that it can be closed, though I didn't sew the little heart on quite right for it to work very easily.

(I will upload a photo of the envelope here as soon as I can find it to take a picture of!)

And finally, we have the Soot Sprite that I was going to make ages ago and just got around to.  I used the Makurokurosuke pattern from Moon's Creations.  I had to trim the fun fur quite a bit when I was done as it ended up entirely too long, but I think he's quite cute now.  My 10 month old son likes to throw him around the room.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
imacuckoo
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009 12:18:17 PM »

I like them all! Especially the last little guy  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there's something wrong with me...i'm a cuckoo!
michelleandherguitar
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009 06:28:26 AM »

Wow, those are all really awesome. I've never played Little Big Planet, but I still think sackboy is so cute. When I saw the promotional posters in Game Stop, I just knew some craftster was going to make him.

The Valentines are awesome too. I really love how you corcheted the word "Love," and the hearts are just too adorable.

Love the soot sprite too! I just watched My Neighbor Totoro for the first time with my 5-year-old nephew, and we loved it! He thought the soot sprites were the cutest things. He said he thinks he has some in his room. Grin

Kudos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 10/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 7/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 4/10
How to Crochet a Jagged Chevron Part 2/5
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...