A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A teeny party!  (Read 1340 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thisissunshine
« on: February 27, 2009 08:21:46 AM »

I'm planning on having a girls night themed as a martini party.  I hope to get all snazied up and then go out somewhere to eat... go to the movies or something and then come back to my house for fake martinis (underage you see... ahh yes we're good girls see!! okay not usually.) but I don't know what else to serve besides fake martinis.  Especially if we don't go out... because I'm vegan!  Most of my friends aren't so some non-vegan stuff is okay too, but what about moi?  Thanks for the help and ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VintageGeek
Generation N

It's still cool to me, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009 08:35:38 AM »

Stuffed mushrooms
Spinach pastry appetizers
Pasta salad
Cheese & crackers (non-vegan, I know, but it's always a good idea to have them out)
Crudite with a few different dips
(my favorite) Cinnamon chips with fruit salsa!!
A mix of different olives (although you might not want to if you're having martinis - that might be olive overload!)

In other words, think appetizers and then let people load up with them.  I've found that guests feel less awkward about vegan "picking" food than they do when you try to serve them an actual vegan meal.  If someone's just chowing on party food, they don't generally miss the meat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thisissunshine
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009 01:59:48 PM »

Thanks!! Sorry I didn't specify but I was looking for appys.. so even though I didn't ask exactly you did deliver!  Thank you for being psychic and reading my mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VintageGeek
Generation N

It's still cool to me, man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009 02:53:55 PM »

Haha gladly!

I think there's a good fruit salsa recipe here, and as for stuffed mushrooms there are about a million recipes online.  If you go with spinach (or other veggie) pastries, I'd try to find some boxed up - might be hard if you're among the "hard-core" vegans ("Was this sugar processed with bone char?"), but in my experience they're just too difficult and time-consuming to make.

Also, chocolate-dipped strawberries.  I mean, you can't go wrong with those, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thisissunshine
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009 04:53:48 PM »

oh yum yum yum yum yum!! No you can not!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmuffcake

Spicy but sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009 05:56:01 PM »

I like Tofurky Italian sausage cut then wrapped in pizza dough. Serve 'em with ketchup and mustard. Hummus and pitta are also a hit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
thisissunshine
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009 07:48:14 PM »

hmm I've never tried tofurkey sausage..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missmuffcake

Spicy but sweet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009 09:15:00 PM »

hmm I've never tried tofurkey sausage..

It is pretty good. The pizza dough rolls are awesome. You could also make 'pigs in a blanket' with Pilsbury crescent roll dough (vegan) and tofu hot dogs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's more to life than books you know
                But not much more
CraftyZedral
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009 04:50:44 AM »

I would like to hear more about this faux-tinis you are planning to make!  What do you have in mind?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisissunshine
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009 08:29:04 PM »

okay well you can't actually make virgin martinis i don't think but they sound better for this party than mocktails and I have no clue as of yet.  I've decided to go bowling so everyone can figure out their own dinner or we'll eat sooo I just need dessert and breakfast now!  I'm really craving cinnamon buns so I was thinking those for breakfast, and I have TONS AND TONS of chocolate so I want to make chocolate dipped cherries and strawberries.  Once I decide on the drinks I'll let you all know... well I'll let you all know my final menu decisions.  And how everyone likes them.  I might do some of the pastry appy thingies if people get here early to get ready though.  Or next month.  But yes!  I promise to tell you all how the menu goes... just because I know you all want to know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Field Test: Fake Bangs for the Noncommittal
Black Women and Their Hair
Try This Different Take on the Braid
Hair Tips: Customizing Your Curling Iron
2012 Emmy Awards Hairstyle Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...