A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Land of the Lost Earring Bracelet *now a tutorial* pics to come soon  (Read 6092 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

inkspill
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005 02:59:45 AM »

that looks great!  i love stuff like this because it can't be reproduced.  it's so full of interesting things to look at. not only for those admiring but for the person wearing it Smiley great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KimberlyPye
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2005 10:30:30 AM »

That's wicked neat-o!  But is it comfortable?  I would think it would get in the way.  But with a bracelet as smashingly rad as that, I'd probably put up with it!  Bravo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stripyk

thats me in that photo. my name is actually Chloe

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2005 09:38:09 AM »

i will definetly make one of them with buttons. i have so many buttons yu would not believe it. my art teacher at school gave me a shoe box FULL of them!!!!
i will post pics when i have made it.
thanks for the idea

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hello
inkspill
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005 04:49:51 PM »

this definitely inspired me to make a button charm bracelet too.  i made it last night.  it's so fun.  i'll post a pic later today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyZary
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2005 12:15:05 AM »

what a beautiful charm bracelet!  It turned out great, beautiful colors and a very nice shape. Great idea for the use of random earrings and buttons. Thanks for sharing and posting the tutorial, you have inspired me  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyZary
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2005 12:56:35 PM »

artasanoutlet, like I already said, you have inspired me, and yesterday on a jewelry making frenzy I did my version of a charm bracelet. I did not use chain, I used memory wire and I used all sortes of beads, buttons and lost earrings that I had. I think I like how it turned out, but I like more yours  Smiley
Here is a pic of my version, hope you like it. Thanks for the inspiration!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

artasanoutlet

opinions were like kittens, i was giving 'em away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2005 10:03:42 AM »

artasanoutlet, like I already said, you have inspired me, and yesterday on a jewelry making frenzy I did my version of a charm bracelet. I did not use chain, I used memory wire and I used all sortes of beads, buttons and lost earrings that I had. I think I like how it turned out, but I like more yours  Smiley
Here is a pic of my version, hope you like it. Thanks for the inspiration!

oh no! that's adorable!  i love that you used a crochet flower too.  on my next one that i've started i have a crochet flower as well as some small lace flowers and odd patches.  i think they look really cute when you think beyond the normal bead and charm.  great job and thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://myOlivette.etsy.com

i also have my artwork on
 http://www.artish.org  under the  angie montgomery gallery
raina

I'm up for personal swaps.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005 02:37:20 PM »

How did you attach all the beads? Did you use headpins? I love it! Looks like the stuff at So Charmed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Website | Blog | Etsy | Wists.

I have beading supplies and various other supplies to swap for cute fabric. I'm in Canada.
artasanoutlet

opinions were like kittens, i was giving 'em away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005 02:58:49 PM »

How did you attach all the beads? Did you use headpins? I love it! Looks like the stuff at So Charmed!

i used various sized jump rings.  i have had one bead fall off, but i could feel it so it was saved.  it's really the best way to attach unless you're using a thread base for the bracelet, then i would suggest sewing the items on.  could get tough with all the baubles adding up though.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://myOlivette.etsy.com

i also have my artwork on
 http://www.artish.org  under the  angie montgomery gallery
modgirl
Vinyl, Lipstick, & DIY

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005 05:49:09 PM »

that looks great!  i love stuff like this because it can't be reproduced.  it's so full of interesting things to look at. not only for those admiring but for the person wearing it Smiley great idea!

Couldn't agree more; it's as unique as the person wearing it.  Great job Smiley

A couple of hints & tips:  I've made my own charm bracelet with said lost earrings, but why stop there?  You can use pendants from necklaces you no longer wear (how many heart charms can you have? lol), and I've even added a couple of rings that I don't wear anymore.  And you could do the same thing to create a keychain.  Oh, and for some of the earrings, I didn't even bother taking them off the wire; instead I just wound the wire around the link a couple of times--gives it a custom-made look, at least for me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Be It

looking for a Readymade issue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef Creates One-Of-A-Kind Cheesecakes
How to Make Caramel
How to Make French Macarons
How to Make Lemon Curd
How to Make an Easy Key Lime Pie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...