A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Needle Roll for Pheebs  (Read 1368 times)
Tags for this thread: gifts_for_knitters  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2009 10:59:01 AM »

So, I made this for my sister!  We both knit, as does our mom.  I made my mom a needle roll 2 Christmases ago and have planned to make one for my sister ever since, but just never got around to it.  Anyway, I used this tutorial that my friend made for me.  See, my friend originally made me a needle roll and I wanted to make one for my mom but I suck at figuring out how to sew things on my own so she made me a little tutorial.  Which I subsequently posted on the post for the needle roll I made my mom and that's here in case anyone else wants to make a needle roll.  I posted the other one on the knitting board but it makes more sense to post it here, I think.  After all, needles rolls fit into the "stuff to carry other stuff" category.  Ok, enough rambling.  Here's the inside with some of my knitting/crochet stuff in the pockets:

A little closer up:

And here's the little label I made.  My sister's name is Phoebe and I frequently call her Pheebs.  I just wrote out Pheebs on some freezer paper and made a little stencil out of that and then used it as a guide to hand embroider on the same ribbon I used for the needle roll.  Oh, I fused some interfacing to the ribbon first.  And then, like a douchebag, I forgot to sew the label down before I put the whole shebang together so I had to hand sew that on and be mindful of going through only the top layer of fabric Roll Eyes.

Here's the flap folded down so you can see a bit of the outer fabric:

And, finally, here it is all rolled up and tied:

I hope she likes it!  My husband picked out the fabrics and I think he did an excellent job Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
christinem
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009 11:23:09 AM »

That is really cute and thoughtful.  I think your sister will love it.  I love it.  And I don't even know how to knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twelvedaysold

http://twelvedaysold.blogspot.com/

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009 11:55:35 AM »

I've had this bookmarked for some time and I'm getting my sewing machine soon and am SO EXCITED to use your pattern to make my own!  It will be my first sewing project.  My sister has already recruited me into having to make one for her crochet hooks too.

You did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emzybobs
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009 12:04:36 AM »

Shocked thats so cool!  Cheesy this has givien me the greatest idea for my freinds birthday present!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deannea123
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009 07:55:34 PM »

She will love it.  I love the personalised name, it makes it that much more special. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Eyeshadow Last All Day
Get Party Pretty With Just One Unexpected Product
EPISODE 5 SNEAK PEEK: Think Like a Drag Queen
How to Do Glamorous, Shimmery Makeup
How to Spoon Away Your Puffy Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...