A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,399
Currently Running With Scissors:
761 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first scrapbooking page  (Read 1179 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

popsicax
« on: February 25, 2009 10:12:59 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012 01:21:11 PM by popsicax » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rascalrose
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009 11:30:31 AM »

I love this page.  It has such a great sense of humor that you don't normally see in scrapbooking.  It's too cute! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amc-

Sometimes, I colour outside the lines on purpose.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009 12:37:02 PM »

I love it. Smiley You've got an awesome since of humour. I didn't get it at first but I laughed really hard once I did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm so crafty I make people. Lily-Ann was born February 23, 2012.
Baby #2 is due November 27, 2013.
dinkime
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009 01:25:19 PM »

what a great first page!!

watch hobby lobby, though -- they have great sales for SB stuff all the time Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thania
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009 01:56:41 PM »

well not sure how old your baby is, but I'm sure like any crafter you have keepsakes from the birth, I used my daighters and my wristbands and put them on ribbon like a clothes line, i used those itty bitty clothes pins that people use at babyshowers (u know that "dont cross ure legs game) and then put a pic of her n I at the hosp.

I also saved the warping paper of some of the baby shower gifts and used it as scrapbook paper

also the dolla tree (99 cent store at least here in ca) has lots of SB stuff too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FABULOSITY!!!!!

my wists
http://www.wists.com/thania
popsicax
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009 02:23:30 PM »

Thank you to everyone - your compliments are super sweet and mean a lot - especially from such a talented group of ladies [and gents?Huh]  Thanks so much.  =o)  Ilook forward to making more pages and being more creative and letting loose on some embellishments in the future!!

I'm really glad that you all get the humor in the page - I figured everyone would either thing I am nuts or my husband has a habit of putting the baby in the microwave [which has only happened once okay!  +laffs+]

well not sure how old your baby is, but I'm sure like any crafter you have keepsakes from the birth, I used my daighters and my wristbands and put them on ribbon like a clothes line, i used those itty bitty clothes pins that people use at babyshowers (u know that "dont cross ure legs game) and then put a pic of her n I at the hosp.

I also saved the warping paper of some of the baby shower gifts and used it as scrapbook paper

also the dolla tree (99 cent store at least here in ca) has lots of SB stuff too.

I have a baby book I bought at walmart that I am keeping track of and putting all her baby momentos in.  I bet that page you did is super cute though!  My goal with this scrapbook that I am making is just random stuff that happens to our family [my hubby & my marraige, me giving birth - not the actual event.. no cameras were allowed.  +laffs+, the dogs, etc...]  I just want to have a book of random pages with no real theme other than.. the family.. and I can just make a page randomly whenever I am inspired.  But I plan on doing a page of me holding her right after I gave birth and then a picture ofm y hubby holding her a few days later [my hubby is the photographer so he hardly ever is on the other side of the camera - I made him stop and take the picture above - hence his expression.  =o\]

I wish I saved the tissue paper from the baby gifts!! I just got another box of baby presents today in the mail and the tissue paper will be awesome to add to pages and such.. I never got any wrapping paper though.

OH!  Dollar tree is my secret lover!  <3  I bet they have some awesome stuff for me to nab.. thanks so much, Ididn't realize they had scrapbooking things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
turtle8709
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009 09:57:11 PM »

Love it~!!!! It's a great start.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Our whole culture in this country now is so conformist. I don't even meet that many freaks any more." - Beck
garden.girl38
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009 05:57:51 AM »

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this layout! Great work.  First off dont be too hard on your work.  Its yours and it shouldnt look like anyone elses just yours. 

You will eventually grow into your own style if you keep it up.

You said that you wished you had this and that etc.  Why not cut it out of paper?  If I dont have a sticker template or chipboard shape etc I cut it out of cardstock or paper and glue it down.   You can make anything you want!!!  You can also print stuff off the computer to put on a page as well.  Use your imagination and you can come up with all sorts of decorations for your pages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_one

Home is where the Nintendo is

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009 02:00:49 PM »

I also think this is a great page!

Another tip: Go Hybrid!! If you have a good quality printer why not print a few embellishments from a digital scrapbook kit and then cut them out to use on your layouts. There's lots of freebies out there, I do it all the time and I can even change the colour to suit a layout in Photoshop before printing.

I love shabby princess as you can get whole kits that coordinate together, either for digi or hybrid pages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 13/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 10/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 15/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 12/29
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 4/12
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...