A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: glitter fruits!  (Read 4282 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ivyannie
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009 06:19:18 PM »

Yep, I definitely thought that first picture was some sort of sting-ray made out of sculpey.  This is way cooler, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009 06:58:41 PM »

Thanks for telling us how you did this.  I've been experiementing with covering fruits and veggies with resin without much luck. Mine all rot really bad (but I didn't dehydrate them...maybe that would have helped).  I actually still have an apple coated in resin that is doing pretty good.  I'll show you guys pictures if you want...

I just have a quick question..when you say "the skin creates a mold" do you mean that you just fill the resin in between the skin (not over the skin)?  So the skin does not get covered in resin?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

somethingcelestual
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009 07:34:27 PM »

i think the glitter nail polish turned out better than how it wouldve had you used real glitter.

i personally, hate the stuff since i was an art teacher for a year & developed a fear of the stuff since whenever i got it out for a project, shiney atomic explosions soon followed.

thumbs up. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anastrophe
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009 06:42:25 AM »

this is kind of neat. but pears are tasty and very expensive where I live...I think I'd feel weird using food for crafts when I could be eating it or giving it to other hungry people to eat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009 07:13:43 AM »

Don't mind the Floridian... but the pear looks alot like a stingray to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeannimal
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009 09:37:02 AM »

as far as the pears go, i only used the center slice, so there'd be a stem and a seed or two. ate the rest.

the other fruits, used all of, and have a ton of sweet gifts to give people. personally i don't feel like it's as wasteful as it is reinventing purpose. i did feel a little weird about buying the fruits at a grocery store, but they weren't that expensive. maybe that's a bad attitude to have towards food.

anyway. thought a lot about it, and i don't feel bad.

and i don't see the stingray at all, either. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kcfirecracker
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009 10:41:17 AM »

I just hope no one else tries to sell their/your version's of glitterlimes/fruits/whatever. They HAVE been around forever, and I know for a fact that it's just this one girl churning it out in her own home. Undecided Their rarity works to her advantage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Are you taking orders, or are you taking over?" -The Clash
Glitterlimes
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009 12:02:38 PM »

Hi there! Its me Debbie from Glitterlimes.com!
I so glad you love the glitter fruits, and of course I love projects and figuring out things as well.  Im glad you figured out  how to make your own pieces.  Although this is not the real secret Glitterlimes recipe, I do not appreciate your recipe posted for all to see.   These items are copywritten, and should not be sold. This has been my livelyhood for the last 12 years and I would hope one can respect that.  There are always, special prizes and discounts on the website so come on by!!!  <3
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011 04:05:37 PM by TheSapphireMoon - Reason: to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Glitterlimes
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009 01:13:25 PM »

Thanks KC firecracker....thats real kind of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeannimal
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009 01:14:37 PM »

removed. i was kinda feeling like it shouldn't be there.

so, sorry about that. i just want to say: i'm not pretending mine are anywhere near as awesome as yours, not trying to say i've figured out your secret. and i'm definitely not selling them. AND everyone who's asked about mine i've raved about yours. AND i was heartbroken when i realized i'd lost my bracelet. i'd buy them all if i could.

ANDDD honestly, yeah. yours are beautiful. thankyou for making some of the most beautiful jewelry, in my opinion, basically ever.

hopefully we're cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bobo Haha from Generator Rex
How to Draw Botasky from Apocalypse Meow
How to Draw Generator Rex
Post-Childhood Prodigies
Post-Childhood Prodigies - What Happens to Them When They Grow Up?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...