A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 316,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
360 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Red Dwarf Swap 2.0 Gallery  (Read 6205 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009 05:53:58 AM »

MrsFlibble, certainly post what you got! if JellyBean313 has received your package, go ahead and post what you sent as well!

OOOO can't wait to see the new goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rockin' knitting shirts I designed:

http://www.cafepress.com/stitchnsnitch
ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009 09:47:45 PM »

I received today! Kewlmomma sent awesome stuff, I'll get pictures tomorrow, once the suns up, for my cameras sake! Wheeeee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009 09:12:07 AM »

Heeeey everybody! I totally got to see the RD specials cuz my boyfriend found em online (I did not ask about his methods...:-P). We'll buy the DVDs, but I couldn't wait until the end of July to see them, for crying out loud!

Did anyone else see them?

MrsFlibble, did you catch the episodes when they aired in the UK?

Anyway, I sent out reminders and a request for updates from folks I haven't heard from in a while. Anyone who's received, please post pics. And don't forget to shower thelastkodama with praise for her awesome creations :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009 09:21:13 AM »

teehee. thanks Rach.
I did not get to see the specials, waaaah! I will certainly poke around online when I get the chance. Anyone know if they were on BBC America? I think my friends get that channel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009 12:37:29 PM »

thelastkodama, they aired them on Dave, which is a non-BBC-related cable channel if I'm not mistaken. Here's their site: http://dave.uktv.co.uk/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kewlmomma
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009 07:07:03 PM »

I am still having computer issues, but I am finally getting a chance to post the things I received from ammasmama.
She sent me some cool bird houses with the thought "what if Cat and Lister had their own trailer?" This first one is Cat's space.

It had to be covered with mirrors so he could always see how good he looks.

Next we have Lister's place.

He is ready for Fiji with his cool island colors. I can imagine him in a chair with an umbrella and a drink in his hand.

She also sent me some great refrigerator magnets and 2 really fabulous necklace charms.

This picture doesn't do them justice. I like them all. There are some cute shells in the one magnet. The necklace charms are both so cute. One has a very sparkly fish in it that the picture just didn't capture, and the other is glass with jumping dolphins. It's all I can do to keep my daughter from taking them.
Thank you for a great swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition form mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009 01:48:20 AM »

ok, this is what I sent out. can't find the photos of what I recieve so I will have to retake them lol!

first, when she opened the box she would have seen a lot of shredded paper, some snacks and a wierd looking wooden box...

I tried to make it look 3 million years old. and yes, that's an ouroboros snake.

inside she will have found two lollies (you'll see why in a min), a jar and two strange crocheted objects.

first, the jar.

everyone remembers series 1, when dave comes out of stasis and walks around tasting all the white powder only to find out it's the crew... well, this is british sherbert. it's made from bicarbonate of soda, citric acid and confectioner's sugar.
ya licks the lolly and dips it in the jar of the captain's ashes...

yeah. sick. I know.

then we have a crocheted keyring with an embroidered name label

appologies for blurryness, couldn't find my macro lens.

finally my piece de resistence...

oh yes! it's an amigorumi starbug!! embroidery on that was copied directly from a model of starbug 1, but i put a 2 on it cos everyone knows kryten crashed starbug 1 on his driving test.

here's the back
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009 06:15:30 AM »

Ammasmama- That is so unique and awesome! I bet Kewlmomma is the only one in the universe with Red Dwarf bird houses, awesome :-D

And MrsFlibble, the lollipop thing is hilarious! Your crochet skills are the best. Oh I love seeing all this awesome stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aethelberga
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009 11:09:31 AM »

I am hitting This Rocks just for the Captain Hollister Dip & Lick. Awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009 01:10:48 PM »

I swear I'll post pics tonight, I had to hide things from Amelia in a hurry with Easter cleaning and need to get it all back together, it's a crazy house around here!

I also told Kewlmomma I wanted to send a small tin of white powder that said "They're dead Dave. They're all dead Dave", but I was afraid of the post office. Well, honestly I'm not THAT afraid of them, but it seemed unfair to send white powder to someone in the mail and possible get them in trouble Roll Eyes it would have been awesome though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...