A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Traveling Scarf Swap Gallery! (FINAL ROUND!)  (Read 27571 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

myklia
« Reply #480 on: July 25, 2009 11:48:28 AM »

Just came back from out of town catching up in craftsterland.  ElociNNicole, I LOVE that cable following mine.  It was meant to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #481 on: July 25, 2009 05:08:10 PM »

That works out perfect for me because cuppie cakes scarf got swept up with all my craft stuff to a storage shed while we are organizing everything we own, its in 1 of 6 totes that i will be going through in the next few days, it is not lost just moved. As soon as I find it I'm going to send it.

I FINALLY got around to finishing, but we'll wait until you find cuppiecakes' scarf. As you can see, things are pretty lax as thing swap winds down.  Smiley

Just came back from out of town catching up in craftsterland.  ElociNNicole, I LOVE that cable following mine.  It was meant to be.

Welcome back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #482 on: July 25, 2009 06:37:47 PM »

That works out perfect for me because cuppie cakes scarf got swept up with all my craft stuff to a storage shed while we are organizing everything we own, its in 1 of 6 totes that i will be going through in the next few days, it is not lost just moved. As soon as I find it I'm going to send it.

I FINALLY got around to finishing, but we'll wait until you find cuppiecakes' scarf. As you can see, things are pretty lax as thing swap winds down.  Smiley

Welcome back!
I found the scarf today but I can't find the paper that goes with it, my mother in law "helped" with the boxing up of stuff so I hope I can finding it, I'm kinda freaking out at this point, I think shes out to sabatage me, she hates my crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
LauPre

I've lost my scissors... again?!!

« Reply #483 on: July 26, 2009 11:50:12 AM »

I've got elociNNicole's block finished, and I really like it.  I went to the Knittn' Kitten before the Crafty Vixen's meetup last week and found this great vintage yarn.  It's Egyptian cotton and has a great feel.  Because it's so smooth I knew it had to be knitted up with a nice textural design so I went with these "bow-tie" cables.  I used my knitting machine again, and I think I'm getting better at it. 

And how it fits in with the rest of the scarf:

I'll be getting this out in the mail tomorrow, then I'll get started on Myklia's
I can't believe how close we are to being done and I can't wait to see my scarf
(It's been quite a few rounds now since it's had it's picture posted, ah the suspense!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do some personal swaps.
I'm looking for handmade soaps, jewelry, and knit legwarmers/socks.
pm me if I can sew something for you!

Blog : http://blog.laupre.com/
Wist: http://www.wists.com/laupre
Home: http://LauPre.com
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #484 on: July 26, 2009 12:18:50 PM »

Hmm, a lot of people have sent but I don't see pictures! I think ya'als need to post.

GORGEOUS LAUPRE! Shocked

Here's Ma Rut's! FINALLY got over my migraines. Stupid clusters.

Ladders type thing. I used worsted weight and a big hook and it came out lacey.

Full scarf! It's so colorful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #485 on: July 26, 2009 06:12:30 PM »

Oo Oo Oo! 

I LOVE that block on my scarf, LauPre!  When the page first opened I saw the picture before reading whose scarf it was and my eyes opened up wide because it is so pretty!  Love love love it! 

So are patterns on knitting machines the same for hand knitting?  I would really love the pattern if it is something I can do by hand.  as, alas, I do not have a knitting machine. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #486 on: July 26, 2009 08:04:41 PM »

Oh yay! I love your addition to my scarf, mocha Grin Thanks so much for posting a full pic of my scarf! It's been a long while since I've seen it.

This is what I added to LauPre's scarf Smiley Pretty similar to what I did for dichotomy's, I thought it would suit this scarf as well.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009 08:06:51 PM by Ma Rut » THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2009 05:01:57 PM »

I totally love those cables.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2009 04:13:06 PM »

Here's Ma Rut's! FINALLY got over my migraines. Stupid clusters.

Full scarf! It's so colorful!

Evil migranes! I call upon the spirit of Elizabeth Zimmerman to frog those wicked clusters from your brain cables, now and forever. In the name of yarn, Amen.

I got Ma Rut's scarf, and it's even more colorful now, with the last treasured meters of a nifty varigated bamboo and a shot of lime green microfiber.  It's all packed up and ready to mail, but I'm holding off until the start of round 11.

Since I put the package in a safe, logical place, I know I'll forget where it is. But y'all won't: It's on the second shelf of the closed cabinet in my living room.

That gives me an idea for a new swap: the Where'd I Put It swap, where we can tell each other where our car keys, glasses, and sock needles are.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2009 04:17:00 PM »

That sounds like a great idea for a swap.  I am constantly losing (loosing... here we go again.. haha, just kidding.) things. 

Or you can just tell the group and we can tell you where you hid it.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Allegra Huston Talks About Love Child
Kathi Appelt Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Heather Henson Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Jonathan Alter Talks About The Defining Moment
Meet Author James Loewen
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...