A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 312,160
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jungle diva birthday bling (oh, and some pandas and a tute link)  (Read 1179 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: February 23, 2009 12:57:27 PM »

Firstly, let me clear up that this isn't dd's birthday dress, it was a birthday dress for a friend's daughter.  She is Argentinian and way more flamboyant than me.  Grin  My brief was leopard fake fur, so I decided to make it reversible (as all of my decisions are these days).  The other side is black twill with a leopard print heart applique.  The fake fur had a slight stretch and twill did not, so it was a bit maddening to make.  She liked it so much that I made an identical one for her older daughter this week.  So now there are two Argentinian / Scottish jungle divas running around now.  Grin

Tried it on dd for size of course, and it was a smidge too big.  Son got insanely jealous so was fashioned a loincloth.  Oh, how he'll hate me when he's older!  BTW, sock hand is not an accessory or eccentricity, ds broke dd's finger (and nearly severed it) in a door, so the sock covers a cast.  Tongue

The second dress is the obligatory polkadot cord and the other side is my favourite panda print of yore. 

As nice as it is sewing for the sheer joy of it, it also served a purpose of illustrating my third reversible tutorial on my blog! http://kitschycoo.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-make-things-reversible-part.html

Thanks for looking!  Smiley

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009 01:00:05 PM »

Adorable as usual.  The jungle print is a little loud for me, but the shape is great.  I do love the pandas, though! 
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009 01:36:42 PM »

Thanks, jungle print is a bit OTT for me as well!  And I have half a metre extra I don't know what to do with!  Roll Eyes

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009 01:39:59 PM »

LOVE IT!!!  My 5 y/o loves leopard (any animal print, really).  You did a great job on both.  The loincloth pic will make great blackmail one day.
Crazy Panda-Obsessed Sewing Maniac.

Fear my panda crafting!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009 01:45:27 PM »

That is so cute! Brilliant job!  Cheesy
I love both dresses,but that panda one is just too cute! Where on earth did you find that fabric?!

When in doubt,get out the sewing machine.
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009 02:04:28 PM »

The loincloth pic will make great blackmail one day.

That's the tamest pic, I have more with naked bum peeking out too.  Shocked

Where on earth did you find that fabric?!

I'm pretty sure it was The Fabric Fairy, in July.  I love it.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009 02:13:58 PM »

Either make a back pack bag or a stuffy out of what is left over or even some of those ballerina slippers the ladies are making on here to go with the dress with the heart on it.

I think you should save that picture of both your kids for black mail when he decides he doesn't want to do something you have asked him to do! lol

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009 07:26:43 PM »

Gift bags. Leopard print can look kinda glitzy, so nice for a gift.
Also save some to use in tiny bits as trim and applique, as a little goes a long way.

magic happens
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009 11:09:33 PM »

Those are wicked cute!  I think I like the solid with applique' side better though.  They're too busy on side "A".  Love the polka dotted cord, too!!!!
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009 07:21:24 AM »

sweet dresses, and sweet loin-coth!  You never know what is going to capture the wee one's imagination. 

And poor mite with her finger!  When my daughter's hand was burnt (with an iron, folks, watch your kids around the sewing stuff!) I fashioned up a cloth hook for her to wear overtop her bandages.  She never wore it (I think it was a bit awkward with the stuffed hook) but I thought I was pretty clever nonetheless  Smiley

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hot Cross Bun Recipe
How to Make Pressburger Pastry
How to Make Ice Cream Cone Shot Glasses
How to Make a No-Bake Cheesecake
How to Make Nutella-Stuffed Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Plumeria Flowers
Ghosts and Graveyards
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Acorn Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...