A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Coffee Filter Roses UPDATED 4/8/09 With Final Wedding Bouquet  (Read 33573 times)
Tags for this thread: rose , flower , featured_project , bouquet , coffee_filter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stafishtaylz
Don't lose your dinosaur.

I have a rock, I have an iron.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009 04:17:44 AM »

No, you didn't use too much water. They do get droopy. You can either hang them upside down, or if you're impatient like me, use a hair dryer on low. I normally hold it upside down and do the bottom petals first, and then turn it over and cup it in my hand to dry the top petals. Also, I've found that using the hair dryer will shape the petals a bit for you....I like that, because I don't like hand shaping the petals with a skewer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FloraAndFauna
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2009 11:27:23 PM »

these look so realistic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lynnie71
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009 07:54:13 AM »

stafishtaylz did you find a good pattern out there for the sepals?  I noticed on Martha's website it says to add a sepal, but they did not give a pattern.  I have browsed the net and can't find a good one.  I have finished two yellow roses that look pretty good and I am getting ready to try a Princess Diana rose.  Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stafishtaylz

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009 02:48:29 PM »

stafishtaylz did you find a good pattern out there for the sepals?  I noticed on Martha's website it says to add a sepal, but they did not give a pattern.  I have browsed the net and can't find a good one.  I have finished two yellow roses that look pretty good and I am getting ready to try a Princess Diana rose.  Thanks so much for the inspiration!!!!

I did get a template for the sepals...but I bought the templates and instructions from the designer herself. I figured it would be nice to support her and her free tutorial. I had tried to make my own sepals and they looked awful! She has a great way to make them that doesn't involve paper and it looks awesome. I won't tell you what its made of because I don't want to put her out of buisness! Also, I would reccommend buying the templates anyways, because they are better and more natural looking than the ones on Marthas website. You can still get away with using them , but I did notice slight differences in the templates.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009 04:07:30 PM »

Where exactly is the tutorial?  I looked through this thread, but I must be missing something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
stafishtaylz

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009 04:13:05 PM »

the tutorial can be found on marthastewart.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lynnie71
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2009 05:22:05 AM »

THANKS!  I didn't realize she sold the kit, I thought she just sold the flowers.  I am off to purchase a kit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2009 07:53:28 PM »

I am so glad I found this post -- I saw the episode of MS that featured these flowers and thought, "Ooh, I have to remember this!"  And of course, promptly forgot.   Roll Eyes

Your roses are absolutely beautiful!  You will treasure them and be able to keep a wonderful reminder of your wedding day.  Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FuzzyChocolate
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2009 01:21:08 PM »

Add me to the fan list. Those roses were fantastic!!!! I'm looking to make centerpieces for my nieces wedding, and this...well, this is just super inspiring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I didn't know I wasn't suppose to eat it.
Krendall!
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2009 07:27:22 PM »

These are so awesome!  I'm going to go get some of those coffee filters and practice this my next weekend off.  These are so cute and would make great gifts for the ladies at my office along with a lil bag of candy.  CHEAP and handmade!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jessica Simpson Shows Us How to Wear Red for the Holidays
How to Make a Tulle Skirt
Top 5 Holiday Designer Dresses You Can Rent
Save Vs. Spend: Holiday Edition
An Affordable, Complete Autumn Look
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...