A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Self drafted skort and matching shirts from artwork I drew  (Read 2105 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StacyCK
« on: February 22, 2009 06:12:28 PM »

This twirly skorts I made by frankensteining a pants pattern I had.  I took the pattern off at the length I wanted. It didn't take too long to make the pattern and the skorts went together in less than an hour.  Easy!

The shirts I got printed at spreadshirt.com.  I drew the artwork and manipulated them in photoshop to match the fabric that I already had.  They were pretty reasonable, too, which is...odd.  I got some shirts printed for my son, too, so I have to make some matching shorts for him.  Since it snowed this weekend, I have plenty of time.  Wink

Thanks for looking and any comments!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009 12:16:25 PM by StacyCK » THIS ROCKS   Logged
devotedabbler
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009 07:24:14 PM »

So so perfect for an active girly girl! I love how twirly the skirt turned out. Skorts usually end up with a preppy look that is very boxy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

May our efforts reflect our values.
May the variety in life bring us joy.
May we seek to inspire not compete.
May we have happy hearts.
DaisyAlly
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009 08:38:14 PM »

Cute! And your daughter has gorgeous hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BigMamaBird
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009 09:22:28 PM »

Terrific idea!  I may have to give that a try, much easier (and cuter) than the old skirt and biker shorts routine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJasmine
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009 09:30:39 PM »

So cute!  Great idea having the shirts printed... why didn't I think of that?  cafepress.com is another great place to have shirts printed.  Great job on the outfits, your daughter is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StacyCK
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009 06:16:26 AM »

Thanks so much for the nice comments! Smiley

Cute! And your daughter has gorgeous hair!

Oh, thanks...I haven't cut it at all yet and she's going to be 4 in a few months.  I'm thinking I should at least give her a trim soon. Wink

So cute!  Great idea having the shirts printed... why didn't I think of that?  cafepress.com is another great place to have shirts printed.  Great job on the outfits, your daughter is adorable!

I haven't tried cafepress.com.  I'll have to check out their prices.  I did look at zazzle and they were more expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
erin33084

I'm just SEW happy!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009 06:27:11 AM »

The skorts are such a good idea. When I was little, I went to a private school where we couldn't wear pants, so we always wore cotton bike shorts under our dresses and skirts. But it's nice to have it all in one piece. And I really like the drop waist that you did. I think it looks so much more grown-up, for some reason.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cutiepatootiebyerin.etsy.com

We can't wait to meet our baby boy, due in September!
Nylaskye
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009 07:55:21 AM »

I especially love the first oine and how your design matched perfectly!  What a great idea, unfortunately I'm not artsy enough to pull that off!  Is it expensive to get shirts printed that way? 

I think your daughter looks a like a pretty little fairy with that beautiful blond hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochetedkitten
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009 07:57:07 AM »

Beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life Is Short, Crochet Naked!
StacyCK
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009 12:54:03 PM »

Thanks so much!

I especially love the first oine and how your design matched perfectly!  What a great idea, unfortunately I'm not artsy enough to pull that off!  Is it expensive to get shirts printed that way? 

I think your daughter looks a like a pretty little fairy with that beautiful blond hair!

Actually it isn't very expensive.  The shirts were around $12 (plus shipping of course) and I ordered a bunch at one time so the shipping wasn't quite so bad for just one shirt.  It was a little time consuming trying to figure out what designs would print on which shirts, but I think I understand their printing for the most part now.  The more you print on the shirt, the more it costs, though.  For instance I have one for my son that has a small one on the front where a pocket would be and then the big design on the back.  That made it $4 more per shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Must Have Beauty Essentials for Spring
5 Sneaky Reasons You Get Acne
How To Make An Exfoliator With Baking Soda
Our Picks For The Best Tanning Oil
Ways To Lighten Your Foundation
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...