Swap name: Postage Stamp Quilt Square Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: elvissatx
Sign-up date range: Feb 22-March 6 or until full
Date to send item by: March 23
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 11. If more than 11 want to participate, we may make the decision to break into two smaller groups.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
This is an international swap. You must be willing to send internationally to participate.
Age requirement? Over 13. If under 18, must have parent's permission.Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/No
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES/NO
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO
I reserve the right to refuse anyone participation in this swap for notations of poor communication or excessive late sending in their feedback. Participants must also post at least once a week in the swap thread or PM the organizer.
Details of swap:
This swap is for people wanting to collect squares of fabric for postage stamp quilts.
There will be a maximum of 11 participants in this swap. If the swap fills, you will send out 10 packages of squares and receive 10 in return. Participants may be international, so keep this in mind when you sign up. These should be light weight packages, so postage shouldn't be terribly expensive, but it's always something to consider.
All fabric should be 100% cotton, and prewashed. Squares should be an accurate 1 1/2". Please try to send as many different fabrics as possible. You have the option to request certain color families, but this isn't a guarantee that you'll get those colors, as I don't expect anybody to have to purchase fabric for this swap. Also, please note that if you have strong allergies, this may not be the swap for you, because if there is only one group you may get squares from a house with pets or smoke. Everyone will attempt to send very clean fabric so as to not exacerbate allergies.
You can send either 20, 40, or 60 squares to each participant. Here's how it will break down:
- If you want to send 20 squares each person will send 20 to you
- If you want to send 40 squares you will send 40 squares to those who want to send 40 or 60, and 20 squares to those who want to send 20. You will receive 40 squares from those you send 40, and 20 squares from those you send 20.
- If you want to send 60 squares, you will send each partner as many squares as they ask for and receive that many in return
In theory, if everyone signs up for the max, you'll receive 600 squares! Wow!!!
When you receive your squares, you must post photographs of them in the gallery.
Is that complicated enough?
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
How many squares do you want to send-- 20, 40 or 60?
Are there any color families you're particularly interested in receiving?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.