A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby items Knitalong  (Read 4832 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

guineapigluv
« on: February 22, 2009 10:48:28 AM »

Hi all!
I think it would be fun to knit all sorts of different baby items and see what everyone comes up with. You can knit anything from hats, blankets, and booties to toys, and mobiles.
Knit whatever comes to mind.
Feel free to knit multiple items.

I will be starting with http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/baby-child/bamboozle-babyset-hat.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ironik
Peace, Love and Freedom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009 07:15:52 AM »

I was thinking about knitting booties for mum's friend's baby. here it is (
http://www.10marifet.org/yazi/acemice-bir-patik)
It looks pretty easy, done with knitting a square, and I'll start soon. I'll post the photos of it =)

guineapigluv, I like the baby jacket on the link you posted a lot. I might give it a try too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftMid

Growing older but not up...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009 08:05:03 AM »

I'm actually about 1/4 the way through a baby blanket right now for the wife of one of my fiance's coworkers! Is anyone else doing baby knits?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CRAFTing aMID Chaos

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

>^..^<
  (    )s
lolaforpresident
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009 03:31:05 PM »

I am so in. I have a baby cardigan I am trying to finish before my son's birthday on November 9 and I am running out of motivation. I am not a fast knitter, I stardlted this thing when I was pregnant.

I would love to knit some other things to give him. Maybe a doll is to adventurous, but what the hell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JessSew
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009 04:13:16 PM »

Sounds fun Smiley I'm in! I'm currently working on a couple of sweaters to donate for the holidays. I'd like to make as many as I can by late November.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mymymissmai
I like you temporarily ;)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009 10:50:23 PM »

I'm currently knitting my niece a dress for Christmas.  I'll post a picture up of where I'm at so far later.  Although she's four months old now, I'm making the dress for a 12 month old.  Babies do grow up fast!

And if you see my avatar, that's my son who is two months old now.  I had a photo shoot done when he was ten days old.  I knitted that apple beanie in two days just for the photo shoot!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lolaforpresident
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009 07:50:42 AM »

I'm currently knitting my niece a dress for Christmas.  I'll post a picture up of where I'm at so far later.  Although she's four months old now, I'm making the dress for a 12 month old.  Babies do grow up fast!

I hear you. I started knitting a cardigan when I was pregnant, I made it in the twelve month size. Thank god, because he just had his first birthday and I am waiting for some money so I can finish it. I ran out of yarn while binding off, yarg.

So after I finish my swap, I will try to knit something for this KAL. I am sorry I haven't gotten anything done yet. It is finals and I am the kind of person that takes too much on.  Undecided

I can't wait to se what other people make.

Oh and mymymissmai, your baby is adorable. Congratulations. I can't believe you knit an apple hat in two days with a newborn. That is a level of crafting I will never achieve. I try not to remember much from the newborn phase. They are blessedly cute though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mymymissmai
I like you temporarily ;)

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009 11:29:17 AM »

I hear you. I started knitting a cardigan when I was pregnant, I made it in the twelve month size. Thank god, because he just had his first birthday and I am waiting for some money so I can finish it. I ran out of yarn while binding off, yarg.

So after I finish my swap, I will try to knit something for this KAL. I am sorry I haven't gotten anything done yet. It is finals and I am the kind of person that takes too much on.  Undecided

I can't wait to se what other people make.

Oh and mymymissmai, your baby is adorable. Congratulations. I can't believe you knit an apple hat in two days with a newborn. That is a level of crafting I will never achieve. I try not to remember much from the newborn phase. They are blessedly cute though.

Thanks lolaforpresident!  The apple beanie isn't hard at all to make!  My first completed knitting project was an apple beanie I made during my pregnancy (I was working on my very first scarf as well).  I made the beanie for a six month old (that was the smallest size in the pattern).  When my friend wanted to do a photo shoot, I improvised the pattern and made a smaller one to fit my newborn.  I'm quite proud of it!  LOL.

I think a cardigan is quite a challenge!  I want to make a cardigan for my lil one too!!!  But you know...two boys = barely any knitting time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lolaforpresident
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010 02:29:07 PM »

I am sorry I have neglected this KAL but here is the finished product. I still need to make an i-cord and add a button, but the cardigan is finished and fits wonderfully.

Next up, I need to make a hat since he lost his infant hat that I made for him. Then maybe a bib since those sound easy. Is anyone else still knitting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nven
Also known as Aeramel

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010 08:16:47 AM »

With the exception of a pair of mittens for myself and a hat for a personal swap all my knits are for my son who will be 2months old next week.

I've made him a bonnet, booties and blanket so far: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332395.msg3838527#msg3838527

I've also just finished a little cardi that I have to get pics of.

Next on my queue are...
some mittens (his hands get really cold at night)  http://www.mindseyeyarns.com/resources/patterns/baby_mittens.htm
a sleeper sack (he loves to kick off his blanket) http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTzodiac.html
and another cardi or 2:  http://fpea.blogspot.com/2007/01/free-pattern-friday-mossy-jacket.html & http://knittingpureandsimple.com/babycardi.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps; offering knits for eco baby and mama items.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beach-Inspired Paperweight Crafts
How to Make a Waterproof Picnic Blanket
Handmade Custom Luggage Tags
Homemade Watercolor Paint with Brendan Fraser
How to Make Sidewalk Chalk with Brendan Fraser
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...