A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,151
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anniversary Gift/celebration  (Read 860 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2005 04:29:43 PM »

I have a friend that has been going out with her boyfriend for 6 months, and they didn't get to do anything on their anniversary, but she really wants to surprise him with something neato.  It can be either a gift, or taking him somewhere, or doing something for him. Not TOO big, it's only been 6 months, but something that he will appreciate.

He likes
*The bands Queen, radiohead, and incubus....
*He's an artist, and he loves Salvador Dali
*He plays the bass in a rock band
*He's a hardcore republican
*He likes to write music

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
AshMeg87
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005 11:19:02 AM »

*He's an artist, and he loves Salvador Dali
I don't know where you live or if this would be possible, but I do know that right now there's a huge Salvador Dali musuem exhibit going on in Philly, PA. I think it's scheduled for a few weeks; We were going to try and get there, but you have to sign up and it's filled up for a while. For adults, it's $20 to get in. Just an idea.

[/font][/b][/color]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005 08:50:05 PM »

AHH! that would be soo awesome, and I actually thought of that, but......we live in Colorado. I think I may have jinxed their relationship with this too, because they brok up on monday Undecided ....lame. I guess I wont need you crafty peoples' services anymore, thanks anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
oatmealpie
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005 01:41:54 PM »

You could do a painting of Republican figures a la Dali--they could be melting like in "Persistence of Memory" (the clock one) or pixelated as in the portrait of Lincoln with the nude.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005 02:32:19 PM »

I don't know if it's too late for the birthday present, but if you're still wondering, here's some ideas:

- I went to the Philly exhibit (pretty expensive, but I think it was worth it!  I'd spend that much at a night at the bar anyway!).  The tickets have a cool pic of Dali on them, so I used the idea from the marble jewelry/magnets thread and made a pin out of the ticket.

- I also had some cool pictures from going to the Dali museum in Barcelona and made a collage out of the pamphlet.  You could do the same thing using a cheap book on Dali by cutting out the prints.  Ooh, you could even make your own by cutting out images from Dali's paintings and making a collage with pics of you and your boyfriend! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set Program Mode (P)
Canon G10: Set Manual Mode (M)
Canon G10: Set Manual Focus Function
Canon G10: Set ISO Function
Canon G10: Set Format Function
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...