A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My name is Dorian!!! I like to DANCE!!!  (Read 14832 times)
Tags for this thread: yo_gabba_gabba , plex , robot , toodee , brobee , foofa , muno , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2009 11:16:26 AM »

So, Dorian, my now 2 year old, had a birthday yesterday.  He is completely in love with Yo Gabba Gabba.  About a month or so ago, he was sick and I made him a Muno shirt to cheer him up.  He loved it so much that I decided to make him the rest of the gang as a birthday present.  These were all machine appliqued.  On the Nick Jr. website, they have a section of Yo Gabba Gabba craft stuff and there are iron on printables of each character.  I just used those as my guides for tracing/cutting the pieces.  Sadly, our printer is broken so I had to trace everything off of our monitor Roll Eyes.

Here they are all together:

And separately, in the order that I made them.

Muno

Brobee

Foofa

Plex

Toodee--I don't know what's up with the colors in this picture.  They're all washed out except the orange.  The colors in the group photo above are more accurate.

Foofa is his absolute favorite character.  Truth be told, she's my favorite too.  She's got such a sweet little voice and she's always nice.  Plus, I think she's the best dancer.  I sing the "My name is Foofa!  Fuh foofa!  Fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh Foofa!" song to myself all the time.  Er....I may be watching it a little too frequently.  Anyway, every time he sees her, he sings "I so happy..."  and he just thinks she's the greatest.  I briefly considered stenciling something on that shirt (something like "boys love foofa too") so that people would still know that he's a boy, but then I was like "what do I care if people I don't know think he's a girl?".  Plus the idea of that being the only shirt with wording on it offended by symmetry sensibilities.  Foofa was also the hardest one to applique because of all the curves.  But, it turned out ok!

And, here are a few action shots.  Before the night was over, he had worn all of them, heehee.  They were definitely a hit with him!!!

And, just for kicks, here's one of him with his Muno cake (I made that, which is why it looks so messy:) when we sang Happy Birthday to him!

Those are my 2 older kids and my husband's arm in the picture with him.  So, questions, comments, criticisms?   
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009 11:06:02 AM by thankyoulocust - Reason: to fix one of the pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
loulabear
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009 11:40:37 AM »

Those are so so amazingly adorable.  I understand why he loves them so much...I want a set for myself!  It's cool that Nick Jr. has a crafting area on their site...how anti consumer of them!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009 11:57:53 AM »

Awesome job!!! Smiley Smiley They all look absolutely fantastic!

Anyway, every time he sees her, he sings "I so happy..."  and he just thinks she's the greatest.  I briefly considered stenciling something on that shirt (something like "boys love foofa too") so that people would still know that he's a boy, but then I was like "what do I care if people I don't know think he's a girl?". 

Love that you didn't feel the need to make sure the shirt was gender specific; you rock!!! Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
sdhrt
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009 12:40:51 PM »

Those really are great.  Nice stitching work on the appliques.  About those nick jr things, if there is a project you see that you want to make, download it then, they disappear and they don't always archive them!  I saw the 'wonder pets meet the beetles' transfer like six months ago and I just got some transfer paper and now its gone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fizzyliftingdrink

I like stuff. I like stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009 12:49:02 PM »

These are awesome!!!  Sewing and wearing Yo Gabba Gabba clothes is awesome!
We love Yo Gabba Gabba in our house.  I'm already planning my little girl's Yo Gabba Gabba birthday party (it's in June)!
Super Job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Boozhoo, Boozhoo!
Aaniishnaa?
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009 01:10:07 PM »

Those really are great.  Nice stitching work on the appliques.  About those nick jr things, if there is a project you see that you want to make, download it then, they disappear and they don't always archive them!  I saw the 'wonder pets meet the beetles' transfer like six months ago and I just got some transfer paper and now its gone.

You mean this one?

http://www.nickjr.com/printables/wonder-pets-beetles-mirror.jhtml?path=/printables/wonder-pets/paper-crafts/all-ages/index.jhtml

When I was looking for the Yo Gabba Gabba character transfers, I just googled the specific character plus the word shirt and went directly to that URL rather than looking on the site.  Hope that link was what you were looking for!

These are awesome!!!  Sewing and wearing Yo Gabba Gabba clothes is awesome!
We love Yo Gabba Gabba in our house.  I'm already planning my little girl's Yo Gabba Gabba birthday party (it's in June)!
Super Job!

Haha!  We do that all the time about everything.  "Eating cereal issssssss....AWESOM E!!!",  "Taking a bath issssssss....AWESOM E!!!", etc.

Thanks for all the nice comments you guys Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
SassyRedhead
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009 01:19:53 PM »

HAHA awesome
Todee is my favorite character, I will have to look into this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Our whole American way of life is a great war of ideas, and librarians are the arms dealers selling weapons to both sides."
James Quinn
musicalflower
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009 02:08:00 PM »

I love how they turned out. Now I'm getting ideas for my niece's birthday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And on the Bad Wolf Channel, The Face of Boe just announced he's pregnant.
dustbunnyodoom

Too many hobbies, too little time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009 06:24:44 PM »

These are fantastic! I would totally rock Plex Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hamburke
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009 08:39:52 PM »

So everytime I sit down to eat I think "There's a party in my tummy!" and someone else in my family says "so yummy, so yummy" (usually, it's my hubby but we have 3 little ones to help sing and yes, this is how we get them to eat their greenbeans and carrots). And now, hubby and I have gotten our childless friends into it... I think I may need to make a couple of adult sized Brobee shirts... hmmm - something to put on my list after I get a better sewing machine  (I have a Singer 247 - great machine but doesn't have anything fancy).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rock the Trench Coat Trend for Fall 2012
Who Wore It Best: Pink Or Kim Kardashian?
Naomi Watts Wears An Unusual Little Black Dress
How to Rock the Military Trend for Fall and Winter 2012
Get The Look: How To Wear Harem Pants Like Rihanna And Kim Kardashian
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...